Gift from my mech guru

Status
Not open for further replies.

RigBick

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2018
Clearwater, Fl
As most of you know I have been interested in my first Mech mod. I have done school work. I know the benefits and Hazards. I know my Ohm's law by chart. I build my own coils consistently. That being said I have obtained my first Mech mod. A young man who has become my good friend and mechanical Guru at a local shop here in Clearwater Florida has blessed me with my first Mech. It is an authentic Hutchinson design Avid Lyfe (AV). Man is it a beauty. The beautiful brass shows its age and has a black leather sleeve not original to the device. I have my dead rabbit sitting on top with dual Kanthal 24 Agw, 7 wrap, 2.5 mm coils reading at .42ohm. Everything is working beautifully. But I know I can do better than this dead rabbit for a Topper. The future will tell but as it is at this moment I am a very happy guy. I just wanted to share that with everyone. My local store is called dna Vapor Lounge and is located in Largo Florida. The manager's ( my mech guru) name is James. If anyone is planning a trip to sunny Florida or finds them self and that location for any reason I highly suggest you stop by and introduce yourself as everyone is welcome whether they are buying or not. May the force be with you. It flows strong and my friend.

Reactions: stols001

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
To find a mech guru is something, to find one in a B&M is quite something indeed.
Enjoy.
Ain't that the truth. One of my local shops has a self proclaimed "mech guru" that runs 0.08 ohm builds on a 15a battery, because he belives the rewrap stats of 40-60a on an 18650 battery.

RigBick

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2018
Clearwater, Fl
Glad you found a reliable Mech Guru, @RigBick , it can be invaluable. And, glad you are enjoying your mech :)

Anna
Man Anna it is a totally new experience. The vape is awesome. I am building safe and obiding by the rules of safety. I know we have different vape styles (DTL vs MTL) but seriously as a dual user, struggling. ZERO stinkies today!!! By the way, has anybody told you how in the valuables your expertise and opinions are? You are truly loved by the members of ECF myself included. Thank you for taking the time to read and answer everyone's posts.

dhomes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
Austin, TX
That's scary. I can't even build that low on purpose.
Dual parallel 24g Stainless Steel, 5 wraps on 3mm drill bit will give you EXACTLY .08/.09 (based on leg length).

It's what I use most of the time for my quick-drag coils (2 ~ 3 sec)
Same as above but using 26g SS will give you .15 ohms, nice for 5 ~ 6 sec drags

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread