[Giveaway]Share your Story to Win LUXE PM40 Christmas Kit--When did you Start Vaping and Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaporesso_Milo

Brand Manager
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2016
Winner Announcement​

Thank you so much for sharing your stories with all vaporesso Fans!

Congratulations to @Epsonikatu, @jen Bee,@MorganJ11!

You are the winners! Please contact me in 48 hours and give me your shipping information, such as your name, address, and phone number.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Vapers,

Storytime comes. Share your story to win luxe PM40 Christmas kits.

Do you remember the event “Share your story to win LUXE II---- When did you start vaping? Why?” in September? We got a lot of good stories from this event. These voices from the vapers are powerful and valuable. We want to hear more voices from you and spread it to the world. So we hold the story event again.

Please share your story “when and why did you start vaping?” with us, we would appreciate it if you want to share your story by video or audio, you can send it to the email info@vaporesso.com. And we'd also love to see that you share your story under this thread. We will randomly choose 3 comments as the winners. The prize is a Luxe pm40 Christmas kit for each winner.

Please include the following information in your story:

1. Your age and country/state.

2. When you started vaping.

3. Why you chose to vape.

4. Do you have Vaporesso products? Why you chose Vaporesso?

5. Anything else you’d like to share.
Simple to enter:

1. Follow us and comment below or send your story to our email info@vaporesso.com "when did you start vaping and why?"

2. You must be the legal age in your country to enter.

3. Event time: December 11 to December 25

4. Winners will be announced on December 26
*By submitting your information to Vaporesso, a sub-brand of Smoore International Holdings Limited, you agree and consent to your data being released to the public and should expect that your data will be shared. In addition, you agree that such data will be used by third parties consistent with the attached release.

Last edited:

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I live in Missouri, United states.

I was a 23 year smoker back in 2009. My mother and father both were life long smokers and both had COPD. I had switched cigarette brands and had gone from one pack a day to a pack and a half and could really feel it in my chest and breathing and knew I was headed in the same direction as my parents. I had tried nicotine gum, zyban, lozenges, and even self hypnosis but nothing made me want to quit smoking. I saw a short story on the local news about these new electronic cigarettes people were using. I got online and found ECF and after a few recommendations ordered two 510 cigalike kits. So my vaping Journey started in the summer of 2009. I immediately got down to 4-5 cigarettes a day but it took several months to get completely off them. Then one day I decided I had beat cigarettes and was going to smoke one just for old times sake. Big mistake. One turned into a few and I was dual using for a very long time after that. I eventually started using swedish snus and nasal snuff along with vaping and was finally able to get off the cigarettes. I ended up quitting the snuff but still use snus and vape.

I do have many Vaporesso products thanks to being asked to write reviews for Vaporesso. I also had some Vaporesso stuff prior to that. I had two Gen kits, two revenger kits, and a polar. All of which I liked very much. Not just because I write reviews for them, I think Vaporesso products are very innovative and definitely well built from my experience. I am thankful for companies like Vaporesso that have taken the ball and are running with it.

If my name is picked in the random drawing then please give the prize to the next person in line. I have plenty and would rather it go to someone who needs it.

La_Navidad

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Oct 14, 2018
    My vaping story started about 4 years ago.
    I'm originally from Ukraine and I'm in mid 30s age.
    But first, a little foreword - I wasn't some kind of a hard-smoker, but I've tried to quit smoking several times, almost reached the goal, but in the end I failed everytime. The only thing I managed to do - I've switched to hookah instead of cigarettes. Yeah, I know, it is not a reasonable decision, but at least I was not smoking pack a day.

And, finally, some day about 3 years ago I saw my friend vaping. This is it - a new start of my life.
    I've bought some simple mod (seems like it was Kanger Subox) and started vaping. Oh, good old times, tons of wire and cotton used to learn proper wicking, hours and hours of online reading to understand all the ropes. Then I've dicovered that I can mix liquids myself, choose nic amount, choose flavor, choose pg\vg - everything myself. Yes, it was good, interesting and exiting. And it still is! I've switched my wife to vape also, and she is so grateful for that.

During this not so long vape-voyage we've seen so much, observed the evolution of vape devices - from small vapepens to mech-mods, big boxmods and, finally, to PODs of different kinds, and it still goes on! We've met new friends and started a life much more healthier.
    Now I can't imagine how people can still smoke cigarettes, with all that disgusting and stinky smell and other so-called "benefits"

Last edited:

Aristotel

ECF Veteran
  • Aug 16, 2019
    I live in US. I was smoking light cigarettes for 7-8 years and I thought it is ok, like no dependence at all. The trick is you can never know how dependent you are until you try to quit. Yes I'm still dependent, but now it is a vapor with no harmful toxins. The other thing is that you can't imagine how unpleasant and irritating a smoking person can be, until you quit. Today I simply can't stand if someone is smoking by my side. Sometimes I try to explain that there is an alternative, more safe and less harmful, but most people just don't care and it is a shame.

Javichu

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain

45 years old and I'm from Spain

This past november i celebrated my second anniversary,so 2 years and change since i quit smoking cigarettes and started vaping

Health issues.
    Tired of getting colds and the flu all the time,food lost it's taste and the coughing when i woke up in the morning was getting pretty bad.

Swag 80W and a OSMALL which i still use once in a while.

5. Anything else you’d like to share

I like ice cream :)

In all all seriousness,just thank you for taking care of the vaping community by putting out very good products that help us in our on going quest of not smoking again.

MLEJ

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 14, 2020
    Please include the following information in your story:

i'm middle-aged and live in the USA, and started vaping this past March. i chose to vape because smoking cigarettes has become too expensive.
    You didn't say it had to be an interesting story, did you? :)
    The only Vaporesso product i have is some coils that are cross-compatible with another tank (i keep eyeing mods & kits because they're well-regarded & attractive but have already had to spend too much stocking up for the effective banning of vaping in the US that's coming soon).

Epsonikatu

ECF Veteran
    Aug 3, 2020
    I am currently in the UK.
    Switching from a regular cigarette to an electronic one. The experience of the smoker
    Today I will tell you a heartwarming story about how I quit quit, and quit Smoking at the end! I hope that my technique for throwing cigarettes will help people who want to stop poisoning themselves with carcinogens and resins!
    What does a regular cigarette hold?
    Contrary to popular belief, the terrible and terrible nicotine is far from the most harmful in a cigarette. The greatest harm to the human body is caused by carbon dioxide, resins that are formed when burning chemical-impregnated tobacco, and a huge number of carcinogens that are contained in them. Tobacco companies have long impregnated their tobacco with all sorts of chemicals designed to reduce the cost of production, as well as cause additional dependence of the smoker. A simple example, if you still smoke cigarettes, try Smoking hand-rolled cigarettes, or quality cigars, or Belomor in the end. You will be surprised, but it will be very difficult to get high on them, regardless of the fact that the nicotine content there is huge. The fact is that the tobacco is impregnated tobacco is so called accelerators of absorption of nicotine. A kind of catalyst that allows you to feel the instantaneous flow of nicotine into the blood, which in turn leads the smoker to delight, because he abruptly stops feeling nicotine hunger and the body on a subconscious level identifies it with a smoked cigarette. All this I write only because when switching to e-cigarettes, this moment can become a problem, because the e-cigarette liquid contains only purified medical nicotine and no other chemicals aimed at accelerating absorption into the blood. For this reason, in the process of vaping, the feeling of nicotine hunger does not pass immediately, but after 5-10 minutes. It is very important to understand this at the first stage of quitting Smoking!
    Mistakes you can make when switching to e-cigarettes
    Based on my own experience I can say the following: the main advantage of quitting Smoking through the transition to electronic cigarettes is that if you really want to, you can smoke an analog, and this makes this method of quitting Smoking different from any other, because if a person who keeps a couple of days without cigarettes smokes at least one, as a rule, he breaks down! Immediately, the process of switching to an electronic cigarette goes very smoothly and without severe stress for the body! Over time, Smoking analog pulls less and less, and after about half a year, it generally begins to cause disgust! And voila, you have smoothly replaced a bad habit with an almost harmless pleasant hobby!
    this is a very important nuance, when switching to electronic products, I highly recommend starting with strong nicotine in 12mg liquids and lowering the bar over time, this will facilitate the transition from analog. I have about a year, the picture turned out as follows: I started with Ego on 12 nikotine. This allowed you to get high, and at the same time as much as possible resembled the Smoking process, due to the fact that ITS format, as a rule, has a cigarette tight draft. Then the percentage of nicotine gradually decreased, and the devices became more and more powerful. Currently, the Joyetech eVic VTC is in service in conjunction with Delta 2 and the RBA-serviced base. All this is used on liquids with 1mg of nicotine. I think in a couple of months I will give up nicotine altogether. By the way, over time, you start to steam an electronic cigarette only on the fan, i.e. it does not keep you in check as an analogue with an eternal desire to smoke.

RuiG

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 4, 2019
    Portugal
    44 years, legal aged to smoke and from Portugal

First vape I purchased was around 2009-2010
    Back in the day and until around 2015 the devices and liquids were not really satisfying for me and I was still smoking at the same time.

The day I decided to have children was the day I decided I needed a new beginning vape wise. This was the final push I needed to finally fully transition to vaping. Nowadays I can happily say I am cigarettes free and with me, everyday, there's always at least one Vaporesso device.

A lot of them at the moment... 2 Armour Pros as my daily drivers, 1 PM80SE, 1 PM30, 1 Forz, 1 Cascade One Plus SE
    Had others more but gave them to friends.

Vaporesso is my favourite vaping brand.
    Love the design, the durability and the way the different chips function.

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    I am 57 years old and from Texas. I used to be an avid anti-tobacco nonsmoker. Then I got hit with major depression and discovered that nicotine calmed my anxiety. I never was a heavy smoker, about 1/2 pack per day. I had quit a couple of times, but picked it back up during times of stress. In 2009, I heard a radio commercial about Smoking Everywhere, so I picked up a kit. I could see the potential in vaping right away, even though the SE gear didn't live up to its promise. That's when I got online and that's when I found ECF. I got better gear and stronger nicotine and support from the community. Over time, a couple of years, I gradually weaned my nicotine level from 24mg/ml to 0 mg per ml. I found that without the nicotine, I had lost interest in vaping and without trying had quit vaping. I didn't go back to cigarettes either. I was a nonsmoker for several years...until that fateful day. I was at a gas station paying for my gas when I noticed a display of zero nicotine disposable vape pens. On a whim, I bought one and vaped it hard! When I had driven to my destination, I stopped at another gas station to see if I could buy another one, but they didn't have any. All they had were things like Vuse and Blu, so I bought one of those. The next day, however, I found a vape shop and bought some gear and juice. Thus began my journey back as a vaper. With time, my gear has improved, I've learned to DIY coils and juice. I've rejoined ECF. I've stocked up for impending shortages. I have no plans to quit any time soon. I have several favorite setups, one includes a Vaporesso Gen 220w.

Nakmor Drack

ECF Veteran
    Jul 29, 2019
    Germany
    Your age and country/state.
    My age is 46, I am from Germany.

When you started vaping.
    It happened more than 2 years ago.

Why you chose to vape.
    I smoked for 15+ years until my health became so bad, that I couldn't walk around my house without terrible dyspnea and almost fainting. This pushed me to look for ways of improving my condition. I was lucky to see a man, who was making clouds out of a small thing looking like a lighter. Obviously, that was a Pod and this is how I am a big fan of Pods now.

Do you have Vaporesso products? Why you chose Vaporesso?
    I only had Vaporesso Renova Zero. It was a tiny pretty thing and I enjoyed it until I ran out of pods.

Anything else you’d like to share.
    I like new devices from Vaporesso, it is always about quality and design. Hopefully I will be lucky enough to try some of them.

Gordons

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 13, 2020
    Johnstone
    I smoked since I was 15 in 1995 and I was born in Uk. Never liked smoking too much, still got addicted. Last year, sick and tired of having bad taste in my mouth, the digusting smell of smoke, the morning cough, the harsh throat. I decided to go to a local vape shop, without knowing almost nothing about vaping. In order to quit smoking, of course.
    There, the shop manager showed me a few cheap starter kits, pen style, some pods. I asked "what about that one?" pointing to a Vaporesso Luxe kit in rainbow. The guy told me, "yeah, this is a bit expensive one, but a very nice vape". He took it out of the box and I fell in love. I cant explain, it really looked a nicer thing to me. I tried it, right there, and I was amazed; my mind blown away. The liquid was a Pacha Mama Mango, delicious. I will remember that first pull always.
    I felt so stupid inmediately. Why did I smoke
    This Luxe kit is still my faithful vape. Not a single problem with it since the purchase. Later, I discovered how many coilhead options the SKRR have, it just increased my love for it. The mod is outstanding in terms of quality and performance.
    Vaping. I must confess that I jumped from one addiction to another, but at least I like this new addiction: the flavours, the hardware, the vape community. Vape is doing two things for me: one is already done (quit smoking and never coming back) and the other is I found such an entertaining hobby with it.
    Nothing more to share with I think. The only thing, that Im sure I will not smoke again.

Resistance

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 22, 2020
      Hi, I'm from vape Town South Africa and I'm 43years of age.
      I started vaping about two years ago.
      I chose vaping due to health issues. I wasn't sick yet ,but could feel it getting to me. I needed to smoke before I could open my eyes in the morning and the last thing before I closed my eyes at night. It was that bad.
      Yes, just a Renova zero, the C-Cell coils rocks!
    5. Anything else you’d like to share. My vaping journey started off slow, but it turned out much better through experience. I vape most forms from pods to dual mods. @bigbob2322 @ShowMeTwice @Superuser187 @Aliraonz @Letitia @vicTor ZA @Nailz @bask @Pigs @charlie1465 @Cloud-FF7

Last edited:

Waterpala

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 19, 2020
    I live in Denver.
    Smoking experience 12 years, tried to quit smoking repeatedly with pills, plasters, Tabex chewing gum, etc., but nothing worked, I still wanted to smoke. Recently, I thought about quitting again and came across a vape article on the Internet. The article described the device ijust 3. I began to read more, watch reviews about vaping, reviews of former smokers. Deciding to finally quit smoking, I drove into the store and bought an ijust 3. The seller advised a muck with tobacco and blueberries. He immediately filled me a liquid with nicotine by the way 3mg, and I immediately tried it in the store. At that moment I realized that I have not only nicotine addiction, but also a psychological one, that is, I like the process itself. Now I have not used cigarettes for 4 years. For me, this is a huge step, since earlier I was enough for 6-7 hours without cigarettes. I began to feel smells and tastes. Now I understand that I will not return to cigarettes for sure.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    1. Your age and country/state​
    46yo, Canterbury, New Zealand

2. When you started vaping.​
    Jan 22nd 2018

3. Why you chose to vape.​
    I broke 2 bones in my ankle, and shattered the third. As a smoker, I was told to either quit smoking - or face severe complications with my injury.

I was extremely reluctant about quitting. But as I was literally stuck in a hospital bed for the first 2 weeks, I had no choice but to give it a go.

With patches, gum and using a vape pen in the bathroom, I got through those 2 weeks. Once home, I chain vaped my head off, and got through the first month.

It was then, that I discovered I actually liked vaping even more than smoking :shock:

My injury healed extremely well, even my orthopedic surgeon was impressed. And that was mainly due to me staying smoke-free, thanks to vaping.

4. Do you have Vaporesso products? Why you chose Vaporesso?​
    I have a Tarot Baby, Luxe Nano and a Target Mini. I love using TC with the Omni chip. I also love the hand feel of these mods, and the quality.

5. Anything else you’d like to share.​
    Thank you for all of the giveaways you do :thumbs:

Jen Bee

ECF Veteran
    Jul 1, 2020
    Your age and country/state: 35, UK

When you started vaping: 2019

Why you chose to vape: I have been smoking since I was about 15 years old. I have tried so many times to quit using all sorts of methods, only to go back into smoking. Somewhere in my mid-30s I subconsciously accepted that I will die a smoker and it is one day going to kill me. It still might, but in the summer of 2019 I found another reason to quit, a serious event happened in my life. This time, I went into a vape shop and sought advice. For the longest time I was carrying shame for being so weak to my smoking addiction, but they were all so accepting in my local vape shop- because they have the same story as me being long time smokers themselves. And immediately I was at ease and was more open to the idea that vaping could really help me quit. I thought if this worked for them, I have got to give it a chance. I bought a kit and some liquids, went home, and that was the day I quit smoking finally.

Do you have Vaporesso products? Why you chose Vaporesso? : Yes I have a PM30 and Podsticks. I choose Vaporesso products because they are durable. I also find that Vaporesso are one of the best hardware designers amongst vape manufacturers.

Anything else you’d like to share: just to thank Vaporesso for this chance, and wish all of Vaporesso a Happy Christmas!

Last edited:

Aruones

ECF Veteran
    Oct 15, 2019
    1. Your age and country/state. 30, US.
    2. When you started vaping. I remember myself smoking all my life (probably not all). Not a pleasant memories. Dropped all my cigs into the trashbox to try vaping. Now I'm clean for almost three years and it feels good.
    3. Why you chose to vape. My health was getting worse and wanted to give it a try. Started on a simple kit and then discovered polar kit and never looked back.
    4. Do you have Vaporesso products? Why you chose Vaporesso? Yes. I have Vaporesso Polar and Renova Zero. I really like Vaporesso mods and I love the look of the Luxe S and Luxe II.
    5. Anything else you’d like to share. I want to say big thanks to Vaporesso for all these activities. Every smoker must have a chance to switch to vaping. It will make your health improve, wealth improved and all your life be better. Vaping is life changing. Hope this is cool enough and make everybody happy.

Last edited:

Jen Bee

ECF Veteran
    Jul 1, 2020
    1. Your age and country/state. 30, US.
    2. When you started vaping. I have tried vaping on and off since 2014, but was still smoking heavily as I wasn't getting the satisfaction from those vapes. Then in 2018 I made a vow to quit smoking for good when my Dad was diagnosed with smoker's cancer. I bought a pretty expensive vape at the time thinking it should be powerful enough to satisfy my craving and since getting that, I haven't smoked since. It was really difficult in the first couple of weeks as I was missing cigarettes but I could already see the benefits of not smoking and that's what kept me smoke free since.
    3. Why you chose to vape. Answered in in point 2.
    4.Do you have Vaporesso products? Why you chose Vaporesso? Yes. Quite a few. I have a PM80 SE, PM30, and Xros kits. I choose Vaporesso because of the quality of the devices. I know that Vaporesso products will stand the test of time.
    5. Anything else you’d like to share. Just to thank Vaporesso for really making the effort to engage with us. Even though I've never won a Vaporesso giveaway I know that the gifts Vaporesso share with us make the wider vape community happy.

Dude this is not cool. This is my post and my story on Reddit word-for-word, you just changed to your age, location to make it your own. And I can provide proof that this is mine.
    Please take this down and write your own story for this ECF forum. Have a heart and don't use my Dad's lung cancer as your story.

Ermolino

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2020
    Hi friends, I'm from Italy.
    When I realised that, like any other smoker, I was a drug addict. The only difference was that my drug of choice was nicotine. I understood then, and accepted, that I was not able to stop using nicotine.
    The only viable thing to do before killing myself with tar was to stop smoking.
    Vaping allowed me both. And now I'm happy and healthy.

AlphaLegion

ECF Veteran
    May 10, 2020
    I am 39 y.o. born in US. I tried to start vaping long ago with old type of ecigs, not really having any incentive to quit, but it didn't worked at all. Nothing really changed with my smoking until 2018, when a friend gifted me an actual mod, even though it was just a simple smok stick, with that I was truly able to quite smoking. After over a year of suffering with that, I decided I wanted to actually try to enjoy vaping instead of just suffering through it to stay away from cigarettes, because it was incredibly harsh on my throat.
    That is when I decided to get first Swag kit, discovered how much better Vaporesso coils are compared to smok coils. After some time I bought Vaporesso Click and enjoyed it for a very long time. Even though I dont use my Swag anymore (it was really nice but I gifted it to a friend of mine when I bought Click) I have to congratulate you on the build quality, the design and colors, the style of your mods. And most importantly it's use of the batteries on them, very balanced.
    I would like to thank Vaporesso for sending me XROS, it is a whole new discovery for me and my fav for now also, it is very well built and perfectly designed.
    Think thats all, wish you all the best and thanks for this chance.

Vaporesso_Milo

Brand Manager
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 7, 2016
    Hi Vapers, Thank you for all of your stories. The purpose of this event is to let more people know your own
    experience and to give a guide to those people who are struggling and suffering. We hope all the stories should be respected, please don't copy other's stories if we found the story is copied from others, you will be disqualified. Please do respect others' stories, we take it very seriously.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread