[Giveaway] Testers wanted! The Antibacterial Uppen

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPENDS_Sampson

Unregistered Supplier
May 8, 2020
www.upends.com
Are you curious about Uppen's antibacterial function?

Join our GIVEAWAY to become an Uppen tester and see the antibacterial effect for yourself!⠀

3 testers
wanted!! Each tester will receive an Uppen kit with extra surprises. ⠀

Check out our “Milk Experiment” video above.

When you receive your prize kit, plz recreate our “milk experiment” at home, and share the results on ECF.
⠀⠀⠀
How to enter?
1. Answer the question, "In your opinion, how do you think Uppen achieves its antibacterial effect?”, Comment it below.
2. The winner with the most likes of replies!

It’s better to share this activity on any channel, such as the forum, reddit, Instagram, Facebook to let your vaping friends join. If over 50 persons joined the giveaway, the prize will be upgraded!

Following us on Instagram and like on Facebook would be much appreciated.
FB:@UPENDSglobal INS:upends_global

Notice:

1.This competition closes at 23.59 UCT on September 4st. Winners will be announced here.
2.You must be over 21.
3.UPENDS wil reply to each comment.

Good luck! ⠀

Last edited:

Steamhammer

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2020
Germany
The antibacterial effect relies on nanometric silver as stated on the website. Nanometric silver is widely used in all kinds of products to achieve antimicrobial effects.

Fun fact: I read that even the old Romans were aware of this effect. They did almost the same as in the experiment above. They put silver coins in vessels that contained milk to make the milk last longer.

My concern with this is that nanometric silver exhibits a high bioavailability, which means it is easily taken up by the organism. There it seems to have detrimental effects on different cell types of the human body. Although, and that has to be clear, the final effects on the human body have yet to be elucidated. Research on this subject is still ongoing.

So it would by interesting to know the size of the nanoparticles used by Uppends, since bioavailability and thus potential risks for our body decrease with particle size.

Please don't get me wrong. I don't wanna bash. These are just my thoughts. After all, constructing an antimicrobial mouthpiece is an innovative idea.

dreamvaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 20, 2018
    UK
    We are now in the middle (hopefully that's the middle) of a viral epidemic.
    Bacteria are also dangerous sometimes but right now antiviral protection is in a much higher demand.

So Upends uses nanometric silver for the mouthpiece coating. Sounds interesting but again, don't think it will allow a quality protection against microbes, esp. viruses. Like if you vape and someone sneezes next to you and some particles will lend on the mouthpiece it won't save you I guess.
    Something with the UV light would work better I believe.

MLEJ

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 14, 2020
    Yup, nanometirc silver.
    Silly me did an internet search on how to make plastics anti-bacterial instead of just looking at the Upends website. :blush:

What @dreamvaper said is important and something most people don't bother to understand: There's a difference between viruses and bacteria and protection against one isn't necessarily protection against the other. Washing your hands is about the best protection against both.
    I always try to wash my hands before vaping, whenever possible at any rate. No sense gunking up a screen or fire button with whatever detritus might be on your hands if you can avoid it.

Using a baby wipe on a mouthpiece now and again seems a good idea, too.

What @Steamhammer said is interesting. It seems unlikely that the amount of nanometric silver one could take in from vaping would be enough to do any harm but who knows; asbestos was thought to be a great thing once, right? Tobacco, too, for that matter.

Anyway, the Uppen is a great little product, imo. On the off chance I win this giveaway, it'll probably be a PIF item (bacteria not included :)).

UPENDS_Sampson

Unregistered Supplier
    May 8, 2020
    www.upends.com
    We are now in the middle (hopefully that's the middle) of a viral epidemic.
    Bacteria are also dangerous sometimes but right now antiviral protection is in a much higher demand.

So Upends uses nanometric silver for the mouthpiece coating. Sounds interesting but again, don't think it will allow a quality protection against microbes, esp. viruses. Like if you vape and someone sneezes next to you and some particles will lend on the mouthpiece it won't save you I guess.
    Something with the UV light would work better I believe.
    As you said, the Uppen product is only aimed at inhibiting bacteria, not viruses. It is inevitable that some bacteria will appear on your hands or desk. We want to make more e-cigarette lovers aware of the hygiene problems on e-cigarettes.

• Informative
    Reactions: MLEJ

UPENDS_Sampson

Unregistered Supplier
    May 8, 2020
    www.upends.com
    • Deleted by UPENDS_Sampson

Steamhammer

ECF Veteran
    Jun 5, 2020
    Germany
    I received mine yesterday.
    IMG_PixelCam_Plus_20200915_133722.jpg
    I like the form factor and the flavor is really good. Thank you, @UPENDS_Sampson. It's really nice that you put 2 extra Pods in the package.
    Need to do more testing. If I find the time, I will write a short review.

Steamhammer

ECF Veteran
    Jun 5, 2020
    Germany
    Received mine last week. Oh it took a long time to arrive.
    as for extra surprises I thought there will be a Tshirt with Upen logo or something like that but unf. nothing was included. Thanks anyways, the kit looks cool, fancy pen style.

Wow, this really took long. Especially, considering that mine seemed to been shipped from UK. So I would have expected your's to arrive earlier than mine. But fine... finally, you received it.

Btw... to my understanding the extra surprise is are the two extra pods. I can make more use of these than of a T-Shirt. So no complaints from my side :)

Reactions: dreamvaper
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread