Giving A Speech On Electronic Cigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I'd cover the simple explanation of how they work. I'd also mention that the reported tobacco quit rate with ecigs is more than 80% vs the 7% quit rate on nicotine lozenges. I'd mention that the exhaled vapor has been tested to contain almost no nicotine as it is mostly absorbed by the user (New Zealand study from CASAA.org). I'd mention that vapers report rapid loss of desire for cigarettes as they transition to the ecig. It's also cheaper one you settle on the right hardware and e-liquid combination.

Suggestion:
Frame the statistics in terms of the two-year quit mark. For big pharma NRTs, the success rate is only 2%, while cold turkey is something close to 10%. As Dave said, the quit rate for vaping is at or above 80%. There is a study floating around out there which quoted the average of 9 unsuccessful attempts to quit smoking, using big pharma NRTs, before the interviewees ever tried vaping.

There are several studies out there which have explored the health benefits of nicotine--including the prevention of Parkinson's, Altzheimer's and ulcerative colitis. Other prevented maladies exist.

The New Zealand study on Ruyan products showed that less than 2% of the produced nicotine remains in exhaled vapor.

All these documents can be found at the ECF link above, or over at: Medical/Health and Safety - Vapers Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread