The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Glass bottle question? Blue or Amber?

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Discussion' started by Nautilusfan, Jul 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Nautilusfan

Nautilusfan Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Going to purchase some glass bottles to transfer some eliquid I received in plastic bottles. Wanted to do this for juice I will be storing for a few months possibly. Just not comfortable leaving it in the plastic bottles much more than a month. Question is should I get cobalt blue or amber glass bottles. Is there any advantage to either. Was planning to get caps without the dropper because of the softer rubber used in the dropper caps leaching. Is this an issue? Also best place to purchase? Was looking at specialtybottle.com

2. SleeZy

SleeZy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 3, 2014
    Sweden
    Amber is better due better protection against sunlight etc.
    Blue ones is mostly for the looks IMO.
    And i've had no issues with the caps leaching (even plastic killers) But i bought mine from a local swedish website. So i can't comment if specialybottles caps are diffrent. (but i doubt it)

You'll regret if you don't buy with the droppers. ^^
    I only bought 1 dropper to test it and i ended up ordering more immedietly.
    It's a pain to have bottles without droppers.

But i guess, depends on the size of the bottles you're going to buy.
    I bought 30mls and 10mls only.
    If you're going to long term storage and bigger bottles you might be better of with sealable caps (w/o dripper)

3. jstraw20

jstraw20 Full Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Long Island NY
    From my experience as a homebrewer (beer), amber is the standard. The goal is to protect from excessive UV exposure, which I guess would be the same for e-liquids.

4. clh2121

clh2121 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

To protect from light- Amber.
    If it's going to be somewhere away from light- Cobalt Blue or Emerald Green. Why? Cause they're prettier and less Medicine-y looking. IMO

5. SnowDog

SnowDog Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 1, 2013
    Springfield, IL
    I do the exact same thing that you are proposing to do. I even bought my bottles from specialtybottle.com. I use the amber bottles and I haven't had any problems. SleeZy is right about it being a pain to have bottles without droppers but I've gotten used to it. I have droppers that I use to extract the liquid but I don't keep them on the bottles. I use the regular caps to store the bottles. I too am paranoid about the possibility of the soft rubber leaching into my liquids. I've been using this set up for 8 or 9 months and now it's just second nature to me. It's probably overkill but it gives me piece of mind and it's not really that much of a hassle.

Having said all that, I do have some Halo liquids that I store in their original blue bottles with the supplied white rubber droppers. I've never had a problem with the white rubber leaching into my liquids and the blue bottles haven't caused me any problems either.

6. clh2121

As far as lids go... Use plain if that's your preference... W-M has glass dropper for 97cents a 2pk in the Pharmacy section by eye & ear drops (one straight one curved.... curved is handy for tanks) and they come apart so easily cleaned.

7. Nanny22

Nanny22 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 2, 2014
    Michigan
    Where do you buy your bottles without droppers? I'm afraid of the rubber taste as well, and prefer to just draw with a glass dropper. No problems with a scent or taste from the cap? I've become obsessed with keeping my flavors as fresh as possible - and eliminating the possibility of scents from storage containers, cupboards, other bottles, etc finding their way into these expensive juices. Every time I think I have a solution, I think of a way it could go wrong. TIA

8. SnowDog

SnowDog Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 1, 2013
    Springfield, IL
    Specialty Bottle - Amber Boston Round Glass Bottles

This is where I get mine but there are other places. 1/2 ounce bottles are 15ml and 1 ounce bottles are 30ml. I don't have any problems with scent or taste from the caps.

Want to hear something really obsessive? I never let the liquid touch the wax paper lining on the underside of the cap. I don't tilt or invert my bottles with the cap in place. When I want to shake the bottle I remove the cap, wash my hands and place my thumb over the opening. Then I shake the crap out of it, wash my hands again and move on.

9. clh2121

You can find the polycone caps as well...

10. Nanny22

Nanny22 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 2, 2014
    Michigan
    Makes perfect sense to ME! I bought Rubbermaid containers large enough to hold my liquids, but no matter how many times I wash them, I am sure there is a funky smell in there that will only get worse when I put the lid on with my juices INSIDE. Can't bring myself to do it. Thus the new desire for all glass, no rubber dropper. :laugh:

11. Flt Simulation

Flt Simulation Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 26, 2014
    Florida
    Cobalt Blue just for the looks! :)

(Personally ... Blue or Amber ... I don't think it really makes much difference since nobody I know stores there juice in direct sunlight anyway)

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.