Glassblower trying to save people headaches....

Status
Not open for further replies.

bert1983

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2010
CO USA
www.trippytips.com
Hello,

My name is Bert. I am a scientific glassblower interested in the glass atty project in the modders forum...unfortunately I do not have enough posts to reply to anything in there. If you are working on this project, and for some reason reading the new users forum, shoot me an e-mail and I will be glad to help out with the technical aspects of what can and can't be done as far as thermal expansion, types of glass, getting clean breaks, where to get tubing/glass rod, etc. I would also be interested in custom making some parts for prototypes for you.

If you are interested in helping me out, and have enough 'experience' to post in the modders forum, please alert the people working on the pyrex atty project to this thread.
:toast:
Cheers,
~Bert

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

$hua

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2010
SomeWhereOverTheRainbow, GA
another glass blower! awesome!

Im not sure which thread you are referring to. but ive been watching this thread involving glass blown drip tips.. i particularly would be highly interested in a "bubbler side car" for my mods.

thread is here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/cartridge-mods/93111-blown-glass-drip-tip.html

If you would be willing as a blower to work on some glass tips in addition to whatever thread you were trying to participate in... you would have at least 20-30 ppl from above thread looking to purchase from you.

OP feel free to PM me regarding my requests.

bert1983

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2010
CO USA
www.trippytips.com
Thanks for all the responses! I have been very busy lately because I am amidst moving halfway across the U.S. I will be working in my shop today, so I will see what I can come up with as far as a drip-tip and get back to everyone with some pictures tonight. I'm glad to see there is such an interest.

bert1983

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2010
CO USA
www.trippytips.com
Thanks for posting this Bert, I probably would not have been aware of the glass tip thread if you hadn't.

Sounds very interesting, please make 3 more comment posts so that you can do PM! (I sent you a "visitor message" but not sure how that works exactly.)

I got your visitor message. After I post the pictures tonight I will shoot you a PM.

$hua

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2010
Thanks for all the responses! I have been very busy lately because I am amidst moving halfway across the U.S. I will be working in my shop today, so I will see what I can come up with as far as a drip-tip and get back to everyone with some pictures tonight. I'm glad to see there is such an interest.

awsome! please send me a PM when get the prototype created... i will most certainly be wanting a couple of hand blown drip tips... would REALLY like to see a "side car" bubbler too... just a thought.

Thanks,
J

bert1983

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2010
CO USA
www.trippytips.com
Here are the first ones... I am very happy with them. I tried them out and the draw gives you about 3 times the vapor of a regular cartridge. They fit just right too.

The glass I used is pyrex and is designed to be able to withstand repeated heating, chemical wear and tear, and physical abuse. I use a process called annealing which relieves the glass of any stress greatly reducing the probability of breakage if they are dropped. They are very easily cleaned as well.

The rings that are blown out should catch any stray juice, and on the 2 solid blue ones there is a flattened mouthpiece. The other one has color changing glass with a honeycomb design. Check out the pictures below...

:facepalm: Actually I need to have 15 posts to post pictures. If someone can post them for me here are the urls...

img194[dot]imageshack[dot]us[slash]img194[slash]7466[slash]flatmouthpiecemaria[dot]jpg
img580[dot]imageshack[dot]us[slash]img580[slash]7102[slash]doublehelix[dot]jpg
img694[dot]imageshack[dot]us[slash]img694[slash]2897[slash]colorchanger[dot]jpg

$hua

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2010
doublehelix.jpg

I want one.... Though im a bit concerned about how you have it coming down covering the atty... this will prolly greatly help displace the heat coming from the atty, but my concern is wether or not id be able to fit it onto my GLV 2 5v mod. and/or my eGo

i cant wait to see you continue developing and progressing this concept... way to go bert.. and please please keep at it.

J

bert1983

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2010
CO USA
www.trippytips.com
Bert.. if you would be interested in a custom blown chess set... please feel free to PM.. ive had this idea going on 10 years and want to see it actualized some day.

I love chess and this is something I have been wanting to make for a while too! I have made solid chess sets, and I think the possibilities would be endless for a blown glass chess set. I have the ability to PM now, so let me know what you had in mind and I will get to work on it.

$hua

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2010
I love chess and this is something I have been wanting to make for a while too! I have made solid chess sets, and I think the possibilities would be endless for a blown glass chess set. I have the ability to PM now, so let me know what you had in mind and I will get to work on it.

sending you a PM RIGHT NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread