Status
Not open for further replies.

sinnyc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2011
Up north
Hi all,

I'm still getting my feet wet with vaping so I'm sure my question has been answered although I didn't find what I was looking for when I searched.

I picked up a new GLV-2 (in Sparkle Granny Smith :D) a few days ago and have found that the generic LR 510 cartos I bought seem to overheat my juice. A friend gave me an unmarked 2 ohm carto that was markedly better and that has opened my eyes to the world of differences between 3.7v mods and higher voltage mods. Clearly, the manner in which the higher power affects a given carto is an area I need to learn more about.

So, I'm wondering what carto resistance most people use and if there are any cartos that are considered "the best" or at least superior.

Thanks in advance for the help.

- Tim

minigoat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
USA
There is some information here near the end of the page: Technical Stuff : Electronic Cigarettes and E-Liquid - Great Lakes Vapor

The chart shows (approximately) the watts provided for a given atomizer resistance. You can lookup ohms law if you want to calculate the watts too.

It isn't clear if you have a 3.7v or 5v GLV2 but I guess that doesn't matter since it seems you are already on the right track regarding figuring out what you like. I can state that I like the 3.0 resistance but I know someone else who prefers the lower resistance attys on the GLV 5v.

Ping

Verified Member
Jun 29, 2011
South Dakota
I only use boge. I have tried IKEN but haven't had much luck (some people swear by them). Smoketech's aren't too bad but I still prefer the filler in the Boge.

Madvapes has a huge selection if you wanted to order a few different resistances/brands. Also pick up a V2 510 Shorty Extension They are nice on a GLV and will save your threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread