Glv reviews??

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhowe

Moved On
Sep 14, 2009
Oh, Wow, I have been boasting about my GLV 5.0 Volt since I have got mine..... I began on a 510 and it was great for a time.....
Then needed more volts and longer lasting batteries so I went to the Silver Bullet...... For the reasonable price, it was a good 3.7 / 6.0 volt Mod...... It ate juice like crazy.....
So, I upgraded to the hand made GG Transformer 3.7 / 6.0 volt Mod with locking power button and AFS..... This gave me a long battery life and allowed me to fill juice once a day....... The 3.7 was too weak and the 6.0 was too harsh.....
I heard the 5.0 Volt was the so called " Sweet Spot " for vaping...... I got the GLV 5.0 Volt...... Wow, it is the closest thing to a real cigarette as I have had...... Batteries last me two days...... At home I vape the GLV only...... Can't activate the power button by accident, comfortable to hold...... Great throat hit and vapor production....... Carry it everywhere...... The only time I don't use it is when I am driving....... The GLV is excellent...... Just wish the juice would last longer.......

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
Like Ab said it is a great device..

Easy to hold. Actuate button is easy and in the right place. no going off in pocket.
Unit is light weight and not too big.
Easy to carry around with you.
solidly built.
5v is the sweet spot for sure..

I have the 801.. very smooth.. batteries last me most of the day on one set.

I agree that 6v is a little strong for me.. 5v is just right where 3.7 is too low.

I would like to see different heads offered with and without resistors so ppl that like 6v could just screw on a different head or use the device as a 3.7 but Im sure this could be offered easy enough in the near future.

STONEMAN

Nov 1, 2009
my 5v is so harsh i cant even enjoy it.
what could i be doing wrong.
Jay can you please get back to me.
when i put my meter on this thing one on the battery one on the end of the unit and i hit the button the voltage is saying its 8.13v so i dont have a resistor in it right?I am order #67 and i paid for it so please get back to me.

Last edited:

miss MiA

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2009
Chicago, IL
Hi folks! Don't mean to taunt the waiting but I'm pleased to have had a GLV in my hand since yesterday afternoon (literally!! ;)). The secret to that was grabbing one from the "Body Only" ready-to-ship stash right after the last stock update was posted. Then ship time was speedy since I'm currently visiting family a hop skip & jump from GLV.

Anyway, this won't meet the standard of detailed review, but I did want to report how much I'm loving this thing and how much FUN I'm having with it! I got the 5V 510 style, and so far have briefly dripped with 510 atty as well as 901 atty via altsmoke's 510 to kr808d/carto adapter (fits 901 also); but as intended, my mainstay is that adapter with cartos. And just as anticipated from the legendary 5V, it's all been downright otherworldly!! :D

The GLV is also just so fun to hold/use, or even just gaze at lol. I got it in green, and to those of you who think one of the other colors is more attractive, I'm sorry to inform you that you're simply wrong. ;) No, it's not a matter of opinion, you're just plain wrong. But now get over it and enjoy! :lol: Seriously, the color is gorgeous and rich, and I'm sure the others 'render' just as beautifully. (However, at this time of year, it would be hard to beat festive X-mas tree green adorned with a merry red V4L carto hat!) The green didn't make it onto a couple small spots around the cap threads (underside opposite of logo side, which is blank on body-only models). But it's not reducing my owner satisfaction or gazing pleasure, and I'm not sure yet if I'll look into touching up.

I'm also amongst those who do like the GLV logo etching, and that's coming from someone who's always been a fan of subtlety and understatement in the design of just about anything.

Obviously it's very early in the game for me and my GLV, but the prognosis so far is very good! :thumb: Between having such a cool, unique shape and button placement; offering smashing color choices; and offering the revered 5V, I'd expect the GLV to be loudly proclaimed from the mountaintops of ECF! Should soon be standing out like a beacon in growing numbers of sigs (is there a ready-made banner for it yet?)! I can't imagine that it won't be eventually, as long as it shows itself to also hold up well over time.

Well, this GLV has rarely left my hand since it first rang my bell yesterday afternoon (and ring my bell it did!), but one of the times it does so is when I'm typing... So in other words, I'll be running along now! :D

(Hmmm, it sure would be nice to have one of these pups in the teensy, supply-extending 3.7V too... Uh oh, I fear the chances of me keeping that notion out of my head now are not strong!)

miss MiA

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2009
Chicago, IL
...thanks guys! Now if only this thing would start relaxing its grip on me just a little! Scary how much power the good-looking can have over us, eh?? My GLV is MAKING me use it... even at times when I feel like I could 'settle' for 3.7V for awhile... even at times when I feel like I could go without vaping at all for awhile!! Jay, what did you put in this thing, help!! :lol:

May as well call it 'Christine' -- soon it will probably be picking off anyone who tries to tell me to "put that dang thing down sometimes fer cryin out loud"!!
:evil:

(That movie was on last night and I couldn't help but think of this at the part where Arnie is driving and psychotically describing the diabolical bond between him and his possessed car Christine! ;))

indyxlt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2009
New England
I've been looking through the various threads on the GLV and am now asking for some input from users regarding 3.7v vs 5v.

My background is; I've been sucking away for 2 1/2 months on a couple 901s. The batteries of one kit seemed questionable from the start but I valiantly vaped on. When it got to the point that I vaped for an hour and charged for two, it became clear after reseach on the forums that a battery mod was needed. It's almost 4 weeks since I placed my order at DX for Laser Mod parts and I'm still waiting. Lately I've been thinking that these 10440 batts aren't going to be a big improvement over stock 901 (SLB).

Wading through mod reviews, the GLV is really intriguing and the producer, Jay, seems like he stands behind his product. Now the question is; 3.7 or 5v? Everyone seems to love whichever version they have and some of you have both. Having recently been downsized by the economy, I really don't want to buy both (don't feel bad, I'm living off my wife so it's sort of an extended vacation during crappy weather). I'm leaning toward the 5v because of the raves posted. I'm one of those people that hate rethinking a purchase and says "I wish I had gone with the ......"

Help for the noob is appreciated.

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
Hi Indy

The 5v is a change from what you are use too. It is a warmer vape and much more responsive when you press the button. Batteries last for many hours at 5v also.

If you like the cooler vape then 3.7 will do ya.

Either unit will be a great improvement over what you have in terms of battery life.

I love the button placement on the GLV. It is pocket friendly.. This is a huge plus for me..

If I were you Id go with a 5v because it gets close to a real smoking experience.

But I use all my mods almost daily. I love my Chuck at 3.7 or 6v, Detonator at 5v
VP1 and 2 units are great at 3.7, Nicobox at 3.7.

But out of all these I love My GLV I think the most.. Light weight, powerful and button placement is awesome.

There are many good suppliers out there that give great service. Jay is one of those that stand behind their product.

PS> If you get yourself some cartomizers and fill them with the juice you love, you will be in heaven my friend! Get yourself the proper adapter that takes your battery connection to the 808 connector to use them on the GLV... No muss, no mess, no fuss vaping. They are great! And they are awesome at 5v...

indyxlt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2009
New England
Thanks doots!!! I saw a few posts that the 5v is closest to analogs. I've cut down dramatically but haven't been able to completely kick the sticks. I'm hoping this will be the key.

Thanks for bringing up the cartomizers (referred to as cartos?) as a juice reservoir. My experience is only with 901s and a Joye 306. I use Fluval sponge-type, not the wool, in my 901s. It seems enough to hold and wick without taking up the space of the wool type. I don't use the 306 anymore because the cart is a real pain. Sooooo... can you point me in the direction of cartomizer education?

Thanks again. It's a great help.

jaybird

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2009
MI USA
www.greatlakesvapor.com
jaybird, I'm pretty lathered up about getting a 5v in green or red when do you anticipate having some stock?

Sorry only polished for a while . The anodizer is having issues and he was the cheapest in town and everyone else want to charge 100$ per color no matter if its 1 0r 100 witch would make me have to charge more for the GLV. I do not want to up my price and sending them off to another state would only make getting a GLV take longer. I am looking into powder coating ..more colors. I will have polished models in stock this coming week

indyxlt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2009
New England
I have to mimic what others have already said here, it doesn't want to leave my hand, or rather, my hand doesn't want it to leave.

Vaping since last October, my only experience was the 901 (and a Joye 306 which didn't last long). When battery performance started declining I decided a big batt mod was in order. With the guidance of other forum members, I made the move to high voltage at the same time. Also made the move to cartomizers by modding the 901 batts and PT.

I'm a fairly utilitarian person. I want my PV to vape well. It doesn't have to be a fashion statement. However, the offset atty that allows excellent placement of the button also affords a really cool visual. My son refers to it a the "e-...." (no offense intended to anyone). Maybe most importantly, the GLV vaping experience has been enough to keep off analogs.

I see a lot of members with an entire stable of PVs. Not me. I haven't seen or vaped anything better (IMO) and until jay comes out with GLV 2.0, I'm done looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread