Glycerin + PG Ratio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walrus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Baton Rouge, LA
Any advice on the ratio of glycerin to PG?

I'm just trying some flavors with it. (no nic juice)

Want to make sure I get the right consistancy of a regular e-liquid.

Zep--

I've found that for best results, 40% Glycerine, 60% PG. Anything else you add (flavorings) should be taken from the PG side. For example: 40/40/20 or 40/50/10.

40% Glycerine gives it a nice full vapor without being too thick to wick from your cart. The PG just fills up the bottle the rest of the way :)

[edit]

Missed something in your message that I caught when I just re-read. If you are looking to match the consistency of commercial e-liquid, then 99% percent of the time, it's only PG. Totally Wicked uses 20% glycerine in theirs, and of course you have the occasional VG only liquid.

Last edited:

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
Hi guys;
I've been using the e-juice and haven't tried mixing yet.

Here's my questions. I seem to be more addicted to the throat hit than the actual nicotine. Do you get the throat hit from Glycerine? Is there a better mixture than others for a good hit?

If I could maintain a good hit, I could cut back on the nicotine a little at a time, and still enjoy vaping.

Zep--

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
SW Florida
I'm not really sure what provides the throat hit. In my case it seems the more MG of nic=more throat hit.

I could care less about throat hit, i like to see vapor and have my nic addiction satisfied.

In the morning when I first wake up, i'll drip 3 drops of 36mg. but that's all the 36 I'll do until the next morning.

I vape 11mg most of the day, if I feel myself getting antsy, i'll drip 3 drops of 16mg.
Today is the first day from waking up that I am going to try and make it all day without a regular cigarette. So far so good.

Zep--

ftlum

Verified Member
Mar 27, 2009
I've found that for best results, 40% Glycerine, 60% PG. Anything else you add (flavorings) should be taken from the PG side. For example: 40/40/20 or 40/50/10.

40% Glycerine gives it a nice full vapor without being too thick to wick from your cart. The PG just fills up the bottle the rest of the way :)

Hi Walrus-- are you saying you've been trying a 40/60/0 mix (ie G/PG/no flavor, etc)?

Oh and BTW for anyone- where can people most easily get PG in the US, short of mail order?

- Frank

Walrus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Baton Rouge, LA
Hi Walrus-- are you saying you've been trying a 40/60/0 mix (ie G/PG/no flavor, etc)?

Oh and BTW for anyone- where can people most easily get PG in the US, short of mail order?

- Frank

No... I meant that I don't go more than 40% on the glycerine, and the other 60 is either PG/juice/flavor. If I'm making a homemade 0 nic, I'll make a base of 40/60 before adding flavor to it.

For PG, mail order is really easy. I see no reason to go out and look for it when I get it at a great price delivered in 2-3 days.

lorraineg57

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Outside Pgh, PA
No... I meant that I don't go more than 40% on the glycerine, and the other 60 is either PG/juice/flavor. If I'm making a homemade 0 nic, I'll make a base of 40/60 before adding flavor to it.

For PG, mail order is really easy. I see no reason to go out and look for it when I get it at a great price delivered in 2-3 days.

I think most pharmacists will order it for you. Mine did (Giant Eagle) and it was there the next day. 12.00 and change for 16 oz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread