Going to buy a Chuck! Although I need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bogalu

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Silver Spring, MD
I've decided it was either a chuck or xhale. Anyone recommend one over the other? Personally, I'm leaning more to the chuck. Also I need help in deciding what attachments and battery combo to go with. Whats the benefit of the 510 over say an 801 or 901? Same of course goes for the atomizer. Would everyone recommend either a refillable cartridge or replaceable? I just need to have recommendations. I will be making the purchase tomorrow so I would also like to have flavor recommendations and accessory recommendations. Also I need a really reliable, easy to use, easy to maintain, and easy to buy replacement cartridges for that particular vaporizer for my mother for christmas.:)

Bogalu

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Silver Spring, MD
510 it is. So would someone recommend the 6v or 3.7? 6v should give much more vapor right? Also I would like a good affordable vendor that has great flavors. Would everyone recommend me make my own refillable cartriges or to buy them in a replacable manner? Maybe I should get the ...... cartridge? :lol: jkjk I heard they are definitely not safe but very very fun to think about. lol

MHR7331

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
SoCal
510 it is. So would someone recommend the 6v or 3.7? 6v should give much more vapor right? Also I would like a good affordable vendor that has great flavors. Would everyone recommend me make my own refillable cartriges or to buy them in a replacable manner? Maybe I should get the ...... cartridge? :lol: jkjk I heard they are definitely not safe but very very fun to think about. lol

The Chuck can run 3.7v with an 18650 battery, or 6.0v... eh, read my sig LOL. As a point of interest, the Xhaler claims to do 3.7, 6 and 5v... but there has yet to be any proof it's actually doing 5v. With no disparity in voltages and the benefit of having your own custom design, go with the Chuck...

As far as e-liquid vendors go, I would have to recommend Myfreedomsmokes. They have GREAT unflavored liquid you can use to mix on your own, and their flavored stuff is fine too :)

VaporPhreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
I believe safety is consistent with all the types of atomizers at 6v. but is still relative to the safety at 3.7v. Sorry to sound vague, but there really isn't much data on this subject. Certainly atomizers do not live as long on 6v but they are fairly cheap, and I would recommend buying them in at least bundles of 5. As for carts, I would say order some prefilled and some blanks. This will give you some use immediately while you are getting the others filled and ready. I have found that if you fill a cart and leave it sit (sealed) for an hour or so it seems to wick better once you go to use it. Also I will have to agree with MHR on MyFreedomSmokes as a juice vendor. Since my first order with them arrived, I have refused to order from other vendors. Their juice is awesome, and quite in expensive! Though on a side note, their Banana Creme, though awesome, takes a while to get the taste out of the atty once you decide to switch flavors. I now have one atty dedicated to it :D

Bogalu

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Silver Spring, MD
So do you get more vapor with 6v over 3.7v? Or what is the big difference? Also I'm now throwing in the Super T1 and Silver bullet into the fight. Its either the chuck, Super T1, Xhaler, or the Silver bullet. I was really thinking I wanted a chuck but it looks pretty big and I'd really like it to be able to fit in my pocket. Although I want to be able to use a cartomizer. I also would like to be able to lock it if I am able to fit it in my pocket which is why I'm leaning toward the Super T1. Whats everyones opinions on all of these vapers?

Bogalu

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Silver Spring, MD
Oh, and I'll definitely be purchasing from MyFreedomSmokes because they have an immense selections of flavor. :D So I got flavor out of the way, now I need the vaper, batteries, and adapters, and everything else that I'm forgetting about. So I need the vendors for the accessories and some help in deciding which vaper I should get so everyone chime in please! :)

AngusATAT

Captain Tightpants
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
GA, USA
So do you get more vapor with 6v over 3.7v? Or what is the big difference? Also I'm now throwing in the Super T1 and Silver bullet into the fight. Its either the chuck, Super T1, Xhaler, or the Silver bullet. I was really thinking I wanted a chuck but it looks pretty big and I'd really like it to be able to fit in my pocket. Although I want to be able to use a cartomizer. I also would like to be able to lock it if I am able to fit it in my pocket which is why I'm leaning toward the Super T1. Whats everyones opinions on all of these vapers?

If you're looking at the ST1, you may want to take a closer look at their Super Six. Same manufacturer. The Super Six is a very nice mod. I'm on the list to get one of the Super T2s. I can't wait.

I also own a Chuck and a Little Chuck. No complaints about either of them, they both work beautifully, and they are personalized just the way I want them.

So many mods... so little money...

Mr Sinister

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
Illinois
The Chuck is not as big as it looks in pictures. The Silver bullet is a good amount bigger. The Chucks switch is a problem for putting in your pocket unless you unscrew the atomizer. The Xhaler and the Super T I cant speak for, but as for putting in your pocket, the Super T, I believe, has a locking button. The others do not.

Yes, Angus, so many mods...so little money...I want them all!

hecknaw

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2009
north fla
you've made the right choice,with chuck!! I just wished i'd had gott'n one a long time ago!!good luck! Jeffakamax will do ya right!! no worries!!
and "OH" about the wait time,all chuckster's who did'nt antee up and bribe jeff had to!!you can while-away your time with good people at the "saturday" thread in the suppliers fourm!

MHR7331

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
SoCal

Based on your criteria, I'd go with a Super T1 - but I think it's being modified to a 3.7v only device. 6v is far superior to 3.7v IMHO (I use 510s). More vapor, throat hit, and (to me, anyway) no discernable loss of flavor. Plus I believe there's going to be quite a waiting period before you get a T1...

Bogalu

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Silver Spring, MD
Batteries - 6v (need a battery supplier, open to suggestions)
Juice - MyFreedomSmokes

Is it difficult to remove the atomizer from the chuck?
Also a cartomizer is a refillable cartridge right? If so then will the refillable cartriges fit in the T1?
Whats the difference in the super six and the original T1? Besides for price of course?

Modterrik

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2009
Denver, CO, USA
You know, I had yhe same dilemma...chuck or xhaler. When I asked Drew a question via his contact us page on the nhaler website and he called me back 10 minutes later I decided that xhaler was for me. Drew took about 20 minutesnon the phone with me and very clearly laid out everything I needed to do. Also he had everything I needed in stick and ready to go. As a consequence I'll be getting my xhaler today (after ordering on Sunday). I'll post back later and let you know how the five volt option works. Which from what I understand isn't available on the chuck. (I occasionally use cartomizers so this was important to me).

Either way you go, I guarantee you'll have a great vaping experience!

Mr Sinister

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
Illinois
Some would say the 5V option isn't available on the Xhaler either. I have the Chuck and the BB and the standard 3.7V batteries are plenty for me. The 6V is okay, but I don't understand the hype for it. Also Battery junction is good for batteries. Pricier than some other sites, but you will get them faster. For a charger I recommend the Ultrafire WF-139. It will charge pretty much any battery that is 3.7 volts, except the lifepo4 ones.

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
I have heard that xhaler is a 5v unit.. correct if I am wrong. looks nice.

I have a Chuck and Love it. A well built unit. Switch is very good. do no like the placement for carrying around. Wish it had a 5v option..

I use the GLV 5v/ Love it.. Button is placed in a nice spot..
greatlakesvapor he has some 5v in stock.
cant go worng there/ no wait.. affordable..
I love mine..

Mr Sinister

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
Illinois
There was a thread on the Nhaler forum about some tests that were done on the Xhaler, and 5 volts was never achieved. The thread has since been deleted by Drew. I believe the tests were done by Raven9mm, so you would have to ask him. I have nothing against Drew and have ordered from him and been happy with the service, but I don't think an entire thread should be deleted for just asking questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread