Status
Not open for further replies.

LibertariaNate

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2011
Utah
With a Reo and Micro coil set up you don't have to worry about amp limits, plus it's the best way to vape on the Reomizer.

I have no doubt it is the best way to use a Reomizer, but your first statement is flat out wrong. People need to understand the limits of the batteries they use, especially if they're diving into sub-Ω territory.

Justice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
The part of Canada that doesn't get enuf Snow :(
With a Reo and Micro coil set up you don't have to worry about amp limits, plus it's the best way to vape on the Reomizer.

I have no doubt it is the best way to use a Reomizer, but your first statement is flat out wrong. People need to understand the limits of the batteries they use, especially if they're diving into sub-Ω territory.

I'm guessing that 2 wheeler may be refering to the Reo Yes it can handle it But you are correct Libertaria the batts are an issue also an issue is the Reo is designed around the AW IMR batts and works best with them

ChrisEU

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2011
Germany
Some AW may have been Panasonics - but Panasonic doesn't (at least officially and right now) offer an IMR battery at all - Panasonics usually have various proprietary chemistries tailored to the task. Most of them are considered "safer chemistry" hybrid cells. The current process for Panasonics is actually called "NNP", you can find info and data sheets here: https://industrial.panasonic.com/www-cgi/jvcr21pz.cgi?E+BA+3+ACA4001+4++WW

The manufacturers don't use the same denominations internally that we use - for them the cells are made for a specific purpose (power tools, e-mobility, tooth brushes/razors, laptops). The AW IMR 1600, Samsung 20R, some other cells are specifically for power tools - our max 10A don't bother them. Panasonic ..CH, ..PD are made for e-mobility, 10A permanent is about as high as they can go, which is perfect for regulated mods.

Anything higher than, guessing here, maybe 2800 mAh today are laptop batteries for long, slow discharges, often rated at or below 6A.

The closer you bring a cell to it's maximum, the higher its internal loss will be, the warmer it will become, the more vdrop you get.

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
Good info on batteries for n00bs and vets alike.

I like a good battery discussion as much as the next guy, but I fear this info will be lost. Who would suspect some Reo n00b's post about what accessories to purchase with his new mod would turn into a gold mine of battery info?

No worries Nate...we've been going round and round about batteries since the beginning. :laugh: We have a ridiculous number of battery discussions in this sub-forum...but I've only put a select few in the index. Perhaps I should add this one as well. :D

LibertariaNate

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2011
Utah
No worries Nate...we've been going round and round about batteries since the beginning. :laugh: We have a ridiculous number of battery discussions in this sub-forum...but I've only put a select few in the index. Perhaps I should add this one as well. :D

My apologies then. I haven't spent any time (until now) in this particular sub-forum.

Carry on...

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
Muwahaha... famous last words. Just go ahead and start saying your goodbyes now :p

Hey hey hey, I have been a REOnaut for almost 3 years and I love my genesis atomizers to death.
Only problem is they suck for out and about because they leak.

If you can't make a genesis atomizer vape as good or better than a silica or cotton based atty your doing something wrong IMHO

In fact with 6 REOs sitting here only 2 are in use at this time but I have 3 genesis going along with 2 Kayfun lites (and a 3'rd kayfun on the way) Fantastic device.

REOs were the only thing that vaped fantastic back when I started with them in 2010 but other things have caught up and can vape .... dare I say better ......... But ......

REO is still way out in #1 for convenience and portability (small size - big power - no leaks) so if I had to go back to just one device it would certainly be a REO (Woodvil)

Last edited:

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
2000's is 10a
1600's is 16a 24a.. I know they are safe chem batteries but that would be just scary, imo, to draw from a battery you are holding to your face.

I know I've read this before and agree that the 1600 mAh are a better choice than the 2000 mAh but question ??

Isn't there a formula of X by the mAh and deviding by 1000 or something like that ???
If so how can the 1600 have a higer amp limit than the 2000 mAh ..... I must be missing some other number thats larger with the 1600 I guess ????

Anyone understand what I'm talking about or know the formula ?

LibertariaNate

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2011
Utah
I know I've read this before and agree that the 1600 mAh are a better choice than the 2000 mAh but question ??

Isn't there a formula of X by the mAh and deviding by 1000 or something like that ???
If so how can the 1600 have a higer amp limit than the 2000 mAh ..... I must be missing some other number thats larger with the 1600 I guess ????

Anyone understand what I'm talking about or know the formula ?

Multiply the C rating by the amp hour rating of the battery.

For example:

18650 1600 mAh with a 15C rating

1.6 * 15 = 24 A

Last edited:

Statistic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
United States
HAHA Tim, I know, I was just messin.. sorta my way of sayin "I predict you'll love it more than any other setup you've used before"

I realize that plenty of folks actually do still use genny's and whatnot even after using a REO with an RM2 up top. I don't understand WHY they do but I know it happens, lol ;)

I actually gave the Terminator C another go last night. Rolled up a nice little 1ohm micro and wicked it with cotton. Juice delivery is fine but flavor is almost non existent. I think it's time to sell the Term C

I haven't used a genny's since getting my first REO, 4 weeks ago today :), but I don't have any fancy ones. I'm hardly motivated to set up an AGA.

Also, I am still using my IGO-L and W for flavor test dripping

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
I haven't used a genny's since getting my first REO, 4 weeks ago today :)

you transcended into enlightenment in 4 freakin (sorry buddha) weeks ???
bowing.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread