Going to try the "KISS" method for my vaping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
Just started a new job and finding that I have not got the time I had before. I usually have bottles of juice that I mix myself and all kinds of tanks and other things laying around.

I have found out that I like the taste of unflavored so for a while I am only going to make 3 bottles of juice...one unflavored....one a light fruity flavor and the other one a light menthol.

Personally all the different flavors have been tasting the same and I rarely get time to sit back and actually enjoy them anyway.

Has anyone else tried the Keep it Simple Stupid method and it actually worked?

Brandon David

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I generally utilize the Kiss method for the most part. I have a go to juice I make 1-200ml at a time and have 2 simple atties I like. I tried building claptons and whatnot but it's just too much trouble and not enough reward to me. A simple 5-6 wrap dual 22g build once or twice a month and a rewick every 2-3 days and I'm good to go.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Fiddling got to be a pain at times and we found satisfying consistent vape setups after a while, so KISS became the routine here. Having a good vape available at all times is important and pretty simple.

Every month or so I throw together a 300ml batch of my wife's favorite mix, then transfer half to another bottle and cut that by 1/3 to lighten it for myself. Every few weeks we change coils.

I spend about as much time in a month doing this, about 15 minutes, as it took to drive to the store and buy a pack of smokes. Most of my vaping related time is countless hours here on ECF and hunting down deals for my vape hoard!

Vaping has settled in to being an easy routine day to day. Flavor chasing moments are occasional weekend and evening fun.

Easy as can be. KISS works for me.

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
I K.I.S.S.-ed my vape

... and I liked it.

Ever couple of months I dump some pre-mixed flavor concentrates dumped in some nic base. Shake shake shake - leave for a couple weeks. Done. Since I mix very thinly, the costs are very low - tho not as low as "pure" DIY. Anyway - less effort for liquids better than what I ever managed to cook up. Mixing a batch every couple of months.

Else it's just about keeping batteries charged and pushing a button to have a vape. And doing something to my coil every few weeks. Be it swapping them out or dry burning. I'm still glad I picked up some mesh skills during my more experimental phase. Learning it may be the opposite of K.I.S.S. Once you got it, it's almost the definition of K.I.S.S thanks to very low maintenance. Not that swapping out a cotton/rayon wick is a major undertaking, either. Just has to be done somewhat more often. :)

Reactions: Racehorse

NancyR

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Washington State
I have 3 flavors I DIY, I normally only mix between 30 to 100 mls at a time. That is enough for me to get through at least a week the 100 mls almost a month.

Only doing limited flavors it is very easy to mix a bottle while I am sitting watching a show or even talking to a friend online.

I will spend about an hour a week cleaning and rewicking, and as needed wrapping a new coil. But none of that takes long and I keep all my supplies for it in a small makeup bag. I found it took longer to round everything up than it did to actually do it before I starting using the makeup bag.

I have the added benefit with the makeup bag, none of my guy friends will bother with it, which means they don't take things out of it.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
Just started a new job and finding that I have not got the time I had before. I usually have bottles of juice that I mix myself and all kinds of tanks and other things laying around.

I have found out that I like the taste of unflavored so for a while I am only going to make 3 bottles of juice...one unflavored....one a light fruity flavor and the other one a light menthol.

Personally all the different flavors have been tasting the same and I rarely get time to sit back and actually enjoy them anyway.

Has anyone else tried the Keep it Simple Stupid method and it actually worked?
It works for me. I have about the same rotation of juices you mentioned. Wicks last for months, coils... Looks like forever.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    The hardest thing I have to do is punch a couple of holes in a carto about once a month. That & recoil/wick a KayFun about once a year.

For juice I just take a Pyrex measuring cup to measure out 50ml of 100mg nic base, 150ml of PG, and 200ml of VG, and put it in a pint jar, about twice a year.
    I'll add a few drops of flavoring (if I feel like it) when I draw off 30ml for a small bottle.

bluecat

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 22, 2012
    Cincy
    The simplest is the best for me. I hate charging batteries, wicking, coil making, liquid mixing. It all taste the same or nasty to me, so unflavored or less than 1% works well. I want something as easy as lighting a smoke. Unflavored fits that bill as coils/wicks last longer and after my initial cut of the nic base its simple. I have the same coil/wick for a month and a half now in my 2 STM.

I do have a NET liquid I made that came out as 250 mls a few months ago (it will last a long time). I treat my self to it in a dripper on weekends when I have the time to sit back after dinner and enjoy it with a drink. Other than that it is the unflavored.

Visus

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 4, 2013
    United States
    To some its all simple even complicated multi flavor mixes, complicated builds; the math percentages and procedures automatic. Takes me about 5 mins to whip up 5 or 6 30ml all different flavors or wrap many atomizers. Organization/equipment plays huge role..

If they taste the same something is not right either physically or setup.. A pleasure of vaping for most is exactly that, "the riches of flavor.."

Perhaps the thought of it as a cessation as I accidentally vaped instead of I need to stop smoking. A free e cig promotion and 3 yrs later I am still vaping.. I was already smoking flavors, I smoked tobacco in a pipe and there are numerous different flavors in pipe tobacco. There's this rich chocolate cavendish caramel cookie like pipe tobacco that is so awesome I do miss it but it was uber expensive so win-win.. I had many compliments in public on that smell on my clothes or at home when walking into my smoking area. A chocolate chip cookie cologne gents, women like the cookie pipe tobacco smell a lot.. Even back when I smoked cigarettes I smoked sudo-flavored nat sherman mints.
    I wish I could vape unflavored and uber enjoy it as much as you guys..
    I do not think of any form of vaping as unflavored tho, if there's any vg in your vape its sweet so ya you have a flavor..

Vaping, it's truly simplistic IMO because it's enjoyable..

Grimwald

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 12, 2012
    Lawrence KS
    The hardest thing I have to do is punch a couple of holes in a carto about once a month. That & recoil/wick a KayFun about once a year.

For juice I just take a Pyrex measuring cup to measure out 50ml of 100mg nic base, 150ml of PG, and 200ml of VG, and put it in a pint jar, about twice a year.
    I'll add a few drops of flavoring (if I feel like it) when I draw off 30ml for a small bottle.

This is pretty much my systems (except I gave up carto tanks some time ago). I make 250 mil of unflavored liquid every 30-40 days. I have 3 Kayfuns and 4 Ego One tanks that I fill every 2-3 days. Because I use unflavored liquid, I only need to dry burn and re-wick every 2-3 months, but I have not wrapped a coil since...well I can't even remember. My time expenditure is 5 minutes a day...if that.

If your goal is just to keep from smoking, and you have found a good setup, you can vape with very little effort.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread