Going to vape in Germany

Status
Not open for further replies.

pumukl

May 24, 2014
Morrilton, AR, USA
So, my tickets is bought, and the countdown is on. I am going to Germany to see my ill mother in just a few weeks. Does anybody know of any tips, tricks or other things I should know about regarding vaping while traveling and during my time in Germany?
I plan on trying the stealth thing in the air plane. As far as I know germany is not much different about vaping that the US.

scratchtheweasel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2014
Pocono PA
I travel to Germany infrequently for work. I wasn't vaping on my last trip, but when I go again I plan to use patches on the plane. I'm pretty risk averse and would rather not have any issues trying to sneak a puff. I plan to pack my supplies so I can vape while I'm there. No idea which ones yet - this will be an hour of fretting trying to figure out what to bring. :)

Andy Thatcher

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2012
Brit in Orlando
Travel a fair bit in the US and have been back to Europe so rest easy.

#1 You are doing nothing wrong !

#2 Everything apart from charger in hand baggage. Liquids, batteries, mods/attys in split in those categories into clear zip locks.

#3 Everything into the grey x ray trays. Don't go making TSA etc go digging through your baggage...makes 'em grumpy.

As regards stealth vaping will leave that to your individual discretion.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I dont plan on vaping in my seat, just in the restroom. Hopefully it will be ok. I wonder what to do in the airport during my layovers?
What did you do during layovers when you smoked?

Oh and did you smoke in the restroom in the plane?

Somehow I don't think so. ;)

pumukl

May 24, 2014
Morrilton, AR, USA
Oh if you are not going to be using the attys/clearos...empty them of liquid. They will leak d to air pressure in the plane.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
Oh, thanks, that would be bad. So, I plan on one, two at most, clearo, one battery, maybe a back up just in case, in the carry on. Actually in my purse. No other liquids, I dont think. With a ziplock bag, just for security purposes. Chargers, other batteries, liquid bottles, all in my suitcase, in ziplocks, but all clearos empty. That ok, you think?
How do you deal with layovers in airports? Look for smoking areas in Europe? Since there is no such thing in the US anymore. Or can you find a secluded corner? Bathrooms?

pumukl

May 24, 2014
Morrilton, AR, USA
What did you do during layovers when you smoked?

Oh and did you smoke in the restroom in the plane?

Somehow I don't think so. ;)
Of course I went outside. and back to security. And ran a lot, due to time constraints... And no, I did not smoke in the bathroom. I do think that a vape or two in the restroom would be ok. No big clouds, jut to knock the nicotine edge off.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
So, my tickets is bought, and the countdown is on. I am going to Germany to see my ill mother in just a few weeks. Does anybody know of any tips, tricks or other things I should know about regarding vaping while traveling and during my time in Germany?
I plan on trying the stealth thing in the air plane. As far as I know germany is not much different about vaping that the US.

I hope you Mom is Doing Better.

And I think it is Great you are Able to go See her.

Sthur

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Denver
I goto Germany 2 or 3 times a year. My last trips I too my evic, egos, juice, tanks, etc in my backpack and no problems coming and going.

I have seen a few vapors in Germany not like the US. I vape in airport and if connection go find a corner and do it discretely.

As for the bathroom on the plane, don't do it you might set off smoke detector. It sees more of the air displacement then smoke. I have vaped in my seat if I am on a window and take small vape and hold it in for while and blow down at my feet. Once an hour or two to keep edge off after they do dinner and turn lights down lol.

pumukl

May 24, 2014
Morrilton, AR, USA
I goto Germany 2 or 3 times a year. My last trips I too my evic, egos, juice, tanks, etc in my backpack and no problems coming and going.

I have seen a few vapors in Germany not like the US. I vape in airport and if connection go find a corner and do it discretely.

As for the bathroom on the plane, don't do it you might set off smoke detector. It sees more of the air displacement then smoke. I have vaped in my seat if I am on a window and take small vape and hold it in for while and blow down at my feet. Once an hour or two to keep edge off after they do dinner and turn lights down lol.

Thank you. That sounds a lot like my plan. l am looking forward to visiting a german vape shop while I am there. Just because there are flavors I dont see here very often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread