Gold Label Carto questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pav

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2009
Detroit Rock City
Having just placed my first order with Cigeasy (which was quick and correct) I'm wondering about Gold Label Cartos. Do they look different than the regular ones (never had those before)? The reason I'm asking is I got Caramel mocha delight and Chocolate strawberry delight. The Mocha gives great vapor and throat hit, the Choco-strawberry hardly any throat hit, but good vapor. Is this just a difference in the juice? I'm guessing it is, but just want to confirm.

I would say the Caramel mocha is the best prefilled cartomizer I've ever tried (mostly used V4L previously.) I'm blown away by it (and the new Elegant I got).

Also, are the flip top cartos the same as the Gold Label or regular?

Thanks for any answers :D

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
Having just placed my first order with Cigeasy (which was quick and correct) I'm wondering about Gold Label Cartos. Do they look different than the regular ones (never had those before)?

The Gold Label cartos have a higher ohm rating and are slightly longer than a regular 808 carto. The higher ohm rating means they operate cooler although they produce nice vapor.

I haven't tried the flip tops yet..

WiiWok

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Washington State
Having just placed my first order with Cigeasy (which was quick and correct) I'm wondering about Gold Label Cartos. Do they look different than the regular ones (never had those before)? The reason I'm asking is I got Caramel mocha delight and Chocolate strawberry delight. The Mocha gives great vapor and throat hit, the Choco-strawberry hardly any throat hit, but good vapor. Is this just a difference in the juice? I'm guessing it is, but just want to confirm.

I would say the Caramel mocha is the best prefilled cartomizer I've ever tried (mostly used V4L previously.) I'm blown away by it (and the new Elegant I got).

Thanks for any answers :D

Caramel Mocha is one of my favorites and so is the Chocolate Strawberry. But, I've run into the same thing that you have - CM has great throat hit while CS is a bit lacking. So I decided to mix them :)

I (used to) order the 30ml DIY kits (until Frank took them off the website, grrr) which consisted of 3 10ml bottles with a 5 pack of Gold Label empties, and found a good mix to be 3:2 CM to CS. Great throat hit and a fantastic flavor. Caramel Mocha Chocolate Strawberry.... yum!

I really don't care for Frank's new flip top cartos. I accidentally broke off the flimsy top and these things are no where near the performance of the the Gold Labels.

I'm hoping that the Gold Label DIY kits come back because I can't see myself paying more for the Flip Tops when the quality is inferior to the cheaper Gold Labels.

Frank has been great to me (tons of freebies in the last 3 months) but I'll have to jump ship if he continues to only carry Flip Top empties.

Pocket Aces

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2009
Southern CA
www.cigeasy.com
:p
Caramel Mocha is one of my favorites and so is the Chocolate Strawberry. But, I've run into the same thing that you have - CM has great throat hit while CS is a bit lacking. So I decided to mix them :)

I (used to) order the 30ml DIY kits (until Frank took them off the website, grrr) which consisted of 3 10ml bottles with a 5 pack of Gold Label empties, and found a good mix to be 3:2 CM to CS. Great throat hit and a fantastic flavor. Caramel Mocha Chocolate Strawberry.... yum!

I really don't care for Frank's new flip top cartos. I accidentally broke off the flimsy top and these things are no where near the performance of the the Gold Labels.

I'm hoping that the Gold Label DIY kits come back because I can't see myself paying more for the Flip Tops when the quality is inferior to the cheaper Gold Labels.

Frank has been great to me (tons of freebies in the last 3 months) but I'll have to jump ship if he continues to only carry Flip Top empties.

Our Friendly FDA has really put the hurt on me the last 30 days. Grabbed shipments of liquid, The Elegant and Gold label Cartomizers. Hoping to have things restocked in the next couple of weeks. Keep your fingers crossed!
As far as the Flip Tops go, I never bothered to refill before I got them now I am a dripping fool!

Happy Vaping!
Frank:p

Last edited:

Pav

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2009
Detroit Rock City
I ordered 16mg cartos and am now looking at one of the Caramel Mocha Delight still in it's plastic wrap. The level says "extra high". Is that 16 mg? Or did I maybe get 24 mg by mistake?

Thanks for the answers guys. Any info on this?

Does extra high = 16 mg?

I just noticed that the Chocolate strawberry (the ones with less TH) are labeled 16mg. The Caramel Mocha with the good TH are labeled Extra High.

Pav

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2009
Detroit Rock City
bump again. Anybody home?

I just got another order pretty quick form cigeasy and am kind of bummed to find some of the prefilled gold label cartos I ordered have a glued on cap while others don't. This was not an option asked for when ordering. First time I've seen a cartomizer with a glued on cap. Hate it since I don't like the condom method (for anything!). The removable soft caps are great.

Why the inconsistency?

Pocket Aces

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2009
Southern CA
www.cigeasy.com
Thanks for the answers guys. Any info on this?

Does extra high = 16 mg?

I just noticed that the Chocolate strawberry (the ones with less TH) are labeled 16mg. The Caramel Mocha with the good TH are labeled Extra High.

I just got another order pretty quick form cigeasy and am kind of bummed to find some of the prefilled gold label cartos I ordered have a glued on cap while others don't. This was not an option asked for when ordering. First time I've seen a cartomizer with a glued on cap. Hate it since I don't like the condom method (for anything!). The removable soft caps are great.

Why the inconsistency?

Pav,

High= 16mg
Extra High=24mg

The Gold Label carts when first introduced had the glued on caps. The soft caps came later so some of the flavors are still available in both. I cannot tell which is which they are packaged the same but once I am sure a flavor are all soft caps I note it in the description.

Happy vaping!
Frank

Satharra

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2010
Middle TN

Why the inconsistency?

Here's a really simple solution to getting the hard caps off:
1. Get some water boiling.
2. Using a pair of tongs, dip the carto in cap side down. Leave in for 30 or so seconds.
3. Gently try to pop the top off. If it doesn't come off, repeat the dipping.

Eventually it will come off. Once it does, you can boil out the cartos if you want or refill using the drop method. I've never much cared for the condom method either. The tops, post-boiling, will still be usable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread