Gold Label Juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
Yup, I hear ya on hot and humid vs. just hot. Minnesota winters are brutally cold, but summers are hideously hot and humid. 90-100 degrees, which by itself I can handle, but the problem is it's very humid. Mosquitoes like you're living in Africa.

It's not quite as bad as when I lived in DC - in DC it's so humid that you feel like you're drowning. But MN summers are still too humid for comfort.

If it's dry, I can handle hot. It's humid that gets me.

The tough part of Minnesota is going from bone dry and 20 below zero, to the point where it hurts to breathe and your skin just cracks off, to 100 degrees and muggy and swarming with mosquitoes and the lakes smell like rotten fish. It's tough on your body. People aren't designed to live in places like that...

In case you haven't guessed, no, I'm not a huge fan of Minnesota. I was born in the wrong place entirely!

Last edited:
What??? You don't LOVE mosquitoes? Nor sticky thick humid air that is nearly too thick to breath? Ha! Guess you won't be visiting St. Louis any time soon! (fwiw, we have lovely springs and summers!) Enjoy your new found weather! We'll pack you up a care package of snowballs when you get homesick!

Counselu2

Oct 2, 2010
Austin
Good evening FSUSA...thanks to the fact I landed on the eGo plus the fact that I have the best e-juice supplier (uh...FSUSA :) it's been a month since I've bought a pack of smokes (YAY!). And because I merrily enjoying my vape...I stepped away from the forums. Came back tonight to see what kind of deals you guys have going and read about this "steeped" stuff...this is new to me...this industry is changing fast! It's only been two damn weeks since I checked in. Can you tell me what this is about? And what specials are open right now?

k5blazer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2010
Fredericksburg, VA
How hot is it in D.C....Well it's so hot that on a work van I had, with the a/c cranked up it would poor water vapor clouds from the vents, it would condensate on the bare metal interior and drip as if it were sprinkling on me. Customers would often remark on the moist merchandise and my wet clothes.lol

TexasT

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
East Texas
Home for me was just straight across from Tucson over in New Mexico. (See, I really am COUNTRY!) And it was hot and dry. Mainly dry. And hot.

When we were kids and my parents moved from the old house to the new house, my brothers and I were helping Dad move furniture to the new house and when we got the last load on the truck us kids were sitting in the cab of the truck.

My Dad went over to the well and got a bucket of water and threw it on the roof of the old house. Then he looked inside. Then he got another bucket of water and threw it on the roof and looked inside. And he kept on doing this.

Now us kids knew better than to ask what he was doing, because that kind of thing usually resulted in a slap up the side of the head. So we sat there watching.

Finally, he put the bucket down and got in the truck and I just couldn't stand it any more and had to ask him why he was throwing buckets of water on the roof and then looking inside the house.

He said, "son, I've lived in this house for twenty three years and I always wondered if the roof leaked."

That's how dry it was out there.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Good evening FSUSA...thanks to the fact I landed on the eGo plus the fact that I have the best e-juice supplier (uh...FSUSA :) it's been a month since I've bought a pack of smokes (YAY!). And because I merrily enjoying my vape...I stepped away from the forums. Came back tonight to see what kind of deals you guys have going and read about this "steeped" stuff...this is new to me...this industry is changing fast! It's only been two damn weeks since I checked in. Can you tell me what this is about? And what specials are open right now?

Gold Label juices are not yet available but will be soon. They are juices that have been steeped for 3,6 and 9 months. There is a Special listed at the top in the stickys if you need a 510 kit or you may use the everyday discount code for 10% off the entire order of freedomsmokeusa.
Congratulations on being cig free for a month! :)

Counselu2

Oct 2, 2010
Austin
ok well since bottles come (larger ones, at least) with a date on them that states the stuff isn't good after two years...does this 3, 6 or 9 months come off the shelf life? Believe me...this chickie will NOT pay more money for old (essentially) juice...I can buy a couple of cheap "new" bottles and let them sit for a bit hahahaha. In fact, I have a big ole bottle of capuccino and one of hyp mist (love that stuff) that have been "steeping" for a month now.......................... what did I miss?

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Most people let FSUSA juice age before vaping if they are able to. It makes a HUGE difference in the flavor. FlavourArt flavorings are condensed and since each order is hand mixed at the time of order it takes some "steep time" for the flavor to reach full potential. I have a few juices that have aged for 3 months and they are outstanding. The Gold Label juice is much anticipated by many.

BTW- The freshly made juice will still be available so if it is your preference to steep it yourself that will be no problem.

chimney55

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
NW Arkansas
ok well since bottles come (larger ones, at least) with a date on them that states the stuff isn't good after two years...does this 3, 6 or 9 months come off the shelf life? Believe me...this chickie will NOT pay more money for old (essentially) juice...I can buy a couple of cheap "new" bottles and let them sit for a bit hahahaha. In fact, I have a big ole bottle of capuccino and one of hyp mist (love that stuff) that have been "steeping" for a month now.......................... what did I miss?

JMHO, some of us haven't been at this long enough to have juice that is a couple of months old. Nor can we afford to buy juice that will need to sit a few weeks or a month before it develops the best flavor. I'd kinda like a couple of bottles of the gold label stuff to let my other juices steep. I dunno...

TexasT

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
East Texas
Look at it this way. How much did a carton of cigarettes cost? How much is a 30ml bottle of juice?

I know times are tough right now, but if you think about the juice you like the best and would like it to age a while, get a 30ml bottle every time you place an order and just set it back.

If you're doing good right now and can afford to spend a little extra on pre-aged juice then go that route. Either way its going to be less expensive than smoking.

Last edited:

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
We are looking at offering 3, 6, and 9 month aged juices. The oldest ones taste really incredible. We have, of course, been making sure that all the flavors are keeping at that age. With the quality of ingredients we use, we expect juices to last for a couple years total before going bad. So far, no bad ones. :)

There are some flavors that don't need steeping. I'd say about half of them are good right away, though they do improve a bit with age. Hypnotic Mist, Mango, and PureCig are some of the ones that I've tried right out of the package or the lab and they're good to go. Some others, particularly the creamy, dessert-types and some of the fruit flavors, do need to be steeped.

So, there are plenty of good-to-go options in a variety of flavors for people who don't want to spend a little more on Gold Label, and also don't want to, or can't afford to, steep their juice.

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
You've tried 9-month aged juices? I'm very jealous! How are they compared to the 3-month and 6-month?

The 3-months are very good, but the 6 and 9 are great, especially with the richer flavors and the tobaccos. The flavor grows another "dimension." Fruity flavors kind of mellow out, which I like. A lot of times fruity flavors seem a little harsh to me. The long aging seems to take care of that to me.

We're workin' on it, guys. :D

ThomasP

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2010
Western PA USA
4 wheel drive won't help much in ice, just snow.

The key to driving in the snow is slow, fluid movements. Don't do anything quickly. Be gentle with the gas, AND the brakes. Don't turn too fast, and give yourself PLENTY of time to stop. Who cares if the a hole behind you is tailgating you because you are doing 20 under the posted speed limit, it's on him if he hits you.

I try to avoid braking altogether. When going down a hill, I shift into 1st or 2nd gear and coast down at 5-10 mph. You can also do this with an automatic transmission. Just make sure you are going around that speed when you shift.

Good snow tires make a world of difference too. 4wd is not a necessity.

It was a hill that got us. I was trying to slow down for a turn on a pretty steep hill. We actually picked up some speed while sliding sideways.

Snow tires are going in my car before it even gets out of the body shop. Lesson learned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread