Golden contact pin burnt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caesar77

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2017
Lately my rta (Berserker Mini) has been giving me an horrible nasty taste so I gave it a good thorough cleaning and I realized the contact pin (the golden thing at the bottom) is kinda black where the insulator usually stands.

I have been searching for an answer but it seems it is not a common occurence so I didn't find anything about this issue and I was wondering why is it happening and if it's related to the disgusting taste I'm getting out of this rta. Here is a picture so you can see what I mean.

IMG_20181104_113532823~2.jpg

I would appreciate any insight on this, thanks.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
Lately my rta (Berserker Mini) ....contact pin...
View attachment 777987

That doesn't look like the pin for the berserker mini. See photo below.

Is it really where the insulator is located on your tank? The insulator should start after the head of the screw. Can you post a photo of the insulator?

Your photo is too blurry to see surface detail. Could it be the gold plating coming off? Can you post a sharper photo?

9616294-7.jpg

Caesar77

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2017
Inspect your insulator and if it's still in one piece then it's very unlikely to be the cause of bad taste.
Without a thorough troubleshoot of your builds I wouldn't jump to conclusions.
The insulator seems to be fine. My builds are always the same and I have repeated the same process and method every time I have had to replace a coil with another one. It's a very simple 28GA 6 wraps spaced coil and it has always given me good results but recently it started tasting terribly and it seems like I can't figure out why because I have gone through so much e-liquid and making new coils yet it still tastes horribly. I have even vaped whole tanks even tho it tasted nasty to see if it would eventually go away but nope.
That doesn't look like the pin for the berserker mini. See photo below.

Is it really where the insulator is located on your tank? The insulator should start after the head of the screw. Can you post a photo of the insulator?

Your photo is too blurry to see surface detail. Could it be the gold plating coming off? Can you post a sharper photo?

View attachment 777993

Yes, I hope this photo is better
IMG_20181104_132809193~2.jpg

The small one is the spare pin that came with the tank, the grey thing is the insulator and the golden long one is the pin that I'm currently using that came already installed.

Reactions: smoked25years

Caesar77

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2017
Ahh. You left the two parts connected.

Hard to see but I suspect the plating is coming off.
A question: could it be my mod not functioning properly or anything related with the mod instead of the tank ? I noticed that sometimes I press the button to fire it but the coil is not warming up.

And what do you mean by the platting is coming off? Do I have to screw the two parts tighter? Or should I use the spare pin?

Thank you.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
A question: could it be my mod not functioning properly or anything related with the mod instead of the tank ? I noticed that sometimes I press the button to fire it but the coil is not warming up.

And what do you mean by the platting is coming off? Do I have to screw the two parts tighter? Or should I use the spare pin?

Thank you.

For the coil not warming up, you might try tightening the 2 parts or try a different mod. I don't think that would cause the disgusting taste though. Maybe 2 separate problems.

Could also be flooded if it isn't producing vapor right away.

Last edited:

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I had a similiar issue once and it was the mod. Well it was actually the connection between the mod and rta, where the 510 pin on the mod was being pressed in too far and was somehow shooting more power or bursts of power and that extra power was just a bit too much for the build. I had taken the tank and put it on another mod and it was fine, also put a different tank on the mod and was fine, but that tank and that mod wasnt. I never had this issue again, it was just that combination mod and tank that did it. I just dedicated a different mod to that tank and it was solved.....have you tried different combinations with either tank or mod?

Caesar77

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2017
I had a similiar issue once and it was the mod. Well it was actually the connection between the mod and rta, where the 510 pin on the mod was being pressed in too far and was somehow shooting more power or bursts of power and that extra power was just a bit too much for the build. I had taken the tank and put it on another mod and it was fine, also put a different tank on the mod and was fine, but that tank and that mod wasnt. I never had this issue again, it was just that combination mod and tank that did it. I just dedicated a different mod to that tank and it was solved.....have you tried different combinations with either tank or mod?
I only have one mod, I have tried using other tanks and the same thing happens with them, sometimes the coils doesnt heat up. I guess it's the mod after all. I will buy a new mod and see how it goes.

As unlikely as it is, it is possible it could be the mod. Could be firing inconsistently and alternately overheating and not fully hearing the juice. Do you have a different one you could try? Is it regulated? Don't see how this could happen to a mech.
I don't have another one and yes it is regulated. Not sure what's is exactly going on but I guess it's a mix of what you are desceibing.
For the coil not warming up, you might try tightening the 2 parts or try a different mod. I don't think that would cause the disgusting taste though. Maybe 2 separate problems.

Could also be flooded if it isn't producing vapor right away.

I think it has to do with my mods connection, it's not flooded and the o rings seem to be fine.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread