Good Afternoon Vapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Hi, LiamV89, welcome to ECF. Glad you are here, and are transitioning to vaping. Tons of helpful folks around to answer questions and to direct you to the right places as you move forward in vaping. If you have any questions, you can certainly ask them now. :)

Welcome to ECF and I hope you enjoy your stay (you will) !!

Anna

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Hello All,

First time forum post so be gentle. Really looking to get involved within the community and bettering myself as i transition away from cigarettes.

All the best. :D

Welcome @LiamV89
I notice you are in the UK, so a big welcome to you.
There is lots to learn unless you got/get lucky with your first set-up.
These days people find success quite easily compared to the early days equipment. I started when things were just picking up the pace and the 'original' cig-a-like products were already starting to look doomed. It's amazing how many UK smokers still use cig-a-likes - they either don't really want to quit, just like to have a tiny vape device for when they can't smoke, or just fall for the hype, like I did.
I started with E-Lites... what a shocking load of dreadful sewage that product was. The people who started the company made millions on the back of fooling the general public. £4 for a refill which really cost about 20p and was utter junk.
The came the eGo e-cigs... much better. Not long after, the mods really started to arrive. They were all tube mods until the arrival of the box mod. The rest is history really....

Anyway... welcome, again to the ECF. :) Quit smoking as soon as possible... cigarettes show no mercy. Some people do get lucky... but many don't. I have seen all the outcomes first hand and it's shocking and sad.

AminyWin

Multiple ID Suspension
Dec 7, 2017
China
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

LiamV89

Dec 11, 2017
Leeds
Looking for some advice on flavours - having recently started with the menthol offerings i would like to move to move fruity flavour liquid. To be honest I've tried some of the cake/dessert varieties and they all end up very sickly. Probably best finding a producer that does a few different fruit flavours? Any help greatly appreciated (PS this might not be the best spot to post a question like this as its the new members forum - still learning)

Reactions: stols001

Stoneface

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
New York
Looking for some advice on flavours - having recently started with the menthol offerings i would like to move to move fruity flavour liquid. To be honest I've tried some of the cake/dessert varieties and they all end up very sickly. Probably best finding a producer that does a few different fruit flavours? Any help greatly appreciated (PS this might not be the best spot to post a question like this as its the new members forum - still learning)
Hello Liam and welcome to ECF. I just came back to the forum after being away for a couple of years. I promise you will find helpful and friendly people here. I don't know much about the laws across the pond, but Mount Baker Vapor makes a few juices that are fruit flavors mixed with menthol/mint flavors. My top two there are Hawk Sauce and Thug Juice. Both are strong flavors, very good, and do not require waiting for the flavors to "steep." Additionally, you can specify your PG/VG mix in your order. I don't know if they can ship to you, but I'm sure someone will chime in and let you know. If you do choose a flavor or two, use the coupon code "ECF" for 10% savings. Good luck :thumb:

Mt Baker Vapor - Vape Juice | E Juice | Vape Devices

I also did a quick google search for "e-liquid UK," and received quite a few links to companies over there. I can't vouch for any of them, but several showed a fruit/mint or fruit/menthol mix. Those flavors were the first ones that kept me coming back to vaping when I first began. They were so much tastier than analogs.

Last edited:

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I also did a quick google search for "e-liquid UK," and received quite a few links to companies over there. I can't vouch for any of them...

I tried it!

Yes... about 4 or 5 out of the first 10 are worth trying. Vapeclub stands out as the quality choice and onepoundeliquid as the bargain choice.
Avoid some of the others... particularly the London-based one with 'UK' in their name. They are notoriously bad.

Stoneface

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
New York
I tried it!

Yes... about 4 or 5 out of the first 10 are worth trying. Vapeclub stands out as the quality choice and onepoundeliquid as the bargain choice.
Avoid some of the others... particularly the London-based one with 'UK' in their name. They are notoriously bad.
I tried it!

Do you know if it is legal to order American juice and have it shipped to the UK? I don't know what the restrictions are now beyond the 2ml limit for tanks.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Do you know if it is legal to order American juice and have it shipped to the UK? I don't know what the restrictions are now beyond the 2ml limit for tanks.

That would depend. You can buy US liquid that has a TPD number/certification in the UK. I suppose it has to be purchased here, strictly speaking.
If you tried to import non-TPD stuff, I'd imagine you'd get it most times without getting caught. The trouble is, as soon as somebody tries to hit you with import tax you stand a chance of being in a nasty situation. If the product was on sale here, I can't see they would waste time on the buyer as that's too grey an area.

Stoneface

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
New York
I took a look at the onepoundeliquid site...because who doesn't love a bargain? They offer Black Ice [black current with a cooling enhancer], Blueberry Ice, and a Strawberry Menthol. I would purchase one of those along with another fruit that would go well with it...so for example, the Blueberry Ice along with a mixed berry flavor. Then, I would try filling half my tank with each flavor. Maybe give that a go and see what you think?

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
  • Useful
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread