The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Good CHEAP source for glass bottles, lab equip, misc interesting stuff

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by Bostonsnboxers, Feb 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Bostonsnboxers

Bostonsnboxers Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 9, 2011
    NW OH, US
    This source has been posted throughout the forum but has probably been buried beyond recognition so I thought I'd start a thread. American Science and Surplus has lots of misc glass bottles with a wide range of sizes, they're UBER cheap, and most importantly for me, their shipping is really reasonable! Right now I have 40 glass bottles (from 1/2 oz-2 oz) in my cart with a few other tidbits (ph test strips, etc) and my total is $28 including shipping ($6)!!!!!

They have lots of labware always...beakers, vials, test tubes, etc, and plastic if you prefer. It's kind of an Oddlots type thing so their inventory changes, but it's worth a look see just for a chuckle (read some of their descriptions).

Again, not my discovery! I have ordered from them though and their packaging is waaaay beyond what you'd expect for fragile items, and they ship fast! Bookmark em :)

2. Rickajho

Rickajho ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 23, 2011
    Boston MA
  3. mjradik

mjradik Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 8, 2011
    Columbia, MD
    Thanks, that good to know.. I've always ordered my stuff from Container & Packaging Supply, Inc. | Plastic containers & bottles, glass jars, and more! which has really good prices too, BUT thier shipping is kind of high. I ordered a case of (225) 8oz cups one time, and they charged me like $35 shipping... It shipped from PA. I live in MD. Only like 150 miles away. The package was 15 lbs, so the shipping should have been like $10. But it was all good because the price for the cup was sooo cheep anyways, still inexpensive even with shipping.

4. wfx

wfx Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2011
    VA
  5. Bostonsnboxers

Bostonsnboxers Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 9, 2011
    NW OH, US
    See I just have a problem with paying almost as much for shipping (or more!) as my item total...I realize that glass is heavy, but if there's an alternative I'll go with it every time. For me, it's the principal of the thing. I can't tell you how many times I've emptied a cart full of 'reasonable' stuff just to find out at checkout I'm paying worth it's weight in gold (well...seems like it) for shipping.

6. DZ

DZ Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 20, 2011
    Littleton, CO
  7. canoeist

canoeist Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 29, 2011
    Piedmont, SC
    I am going to just order a couple of bottles when I get nic or pg. Should ship for the same charge......

8. Rickajho

Rickajho ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 23, 2011
    Boston MA
    Geezy peezy! At least with SciPlus and LabWarehouse the shipping is always based on the dollar amount you are spending. There is a chart on the SciPlus info page that shows the shipping charges for the $$$ amount of your order, before you even order anything.

That being said I pay attention to how much is in my cart. There's no point in spending another $3.00 in shipping if my cart total is 5 cents too high and bumps the shipping cost up to the next level.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.