Good coil wire that lasts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
What wire do you use? Do you chain vape? How much juice per day?

Thanks

I use SS316L stainless.

You can dry burn Kanthal. Titanium creates an ashy dust and loses it's tensile strength in my experience. FWIW. Try using SS316L wire. It works in both power and TC modes. You can dry burn it and wash the ash off under a sink tap. Just remove the wick and pulse it until it glows a dull cherry red, then stick it under the tap and wipe it with a paper towel. Rewick and you are done.

After a few dry burns the wire will start to feel rough. Then, it's time for a change. I change coils once a month or when they start to feel rough.

Last edited:

Mooseknuckle

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
us
You can't dry burn Kanthal. Try using SS316L wire. It works in both power and TC modes. You can dry burn it and wash the ash off under a sink tap. Just remove the wick and pulse it until it glows a dull cherry red, then stick it under the tap and wipe it with a paper towel. Rewick and you are done.

After a few dry burns the wire will start to feel rough. Then, it's time for a change. I change coils once a month or when they start to feel rough.
I have been able to do this with kanthal. It looks to clean it off, and then I rewick and it tastes normal.

Are you saying it's not really cleaning it?

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I have been able to do this with kanthal. It looks to clean it off, and then I rewick and it tastes normal.

I still dry burn SS316L lightly from time to time to clean it. Kanthal contains Aluminum, Chromium, and Iron. There's the likelihood that metal particles could end up in the vape according to those who've tested the dry burning process.

Wire is cheap. You can replace a coil wire almost as fast as you can dry burn it.

This Is What Happens When You Dry Burn Metal E Cig Coils

• Agree
Reactions: untar

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA

I meant to say that you CAN dry burn Kanthal. It's Titanium that deteriorates when dry burned, at least in my experience. My one experience with dry burning Titanium resulted in a heavy coat of gray ash and the wire became flimsy and unusable.

I edited my previous post.

Last edited:

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Just received my OBS engine nano and got it up and running. So far, it seems like a better option for me.

The only con I have so far is after refilling it, the excess juice that comes out of the sides after sliding the filing ring back down into place...

Any others use this tank?
OBS Engine NANO RTA

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Just received my OBS engine nano and got it up and running. So far, it seems like a better option for me.

The only con I have so far is after refilling it, the excess juice that comes out of the sides after sliding the filing ring back down into place...

Any others use this tank?
Fill it VERY SLOWLY

Hoggy

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
WI, USA
I am, but it doesn't matter because there is juice in that channel already. So when I slide it back down to close it, then the juice that's in that channel seeps out once closed. Have to then wipe it off with a paper towel.

Just caught this...

You may need to close off the air flow control before opening it up to fill it. That needs to be done with certain attys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread