Status
Not open for further replies.

Wickeddeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2013
JBLM
Hey just wanted to get my first post going...

Loving vaping. I tried it back in 2010 after getting back form S Korea where a buddy of mine had a Blu and it was so popular during exercises where we couldnt go outside unless we were in full Battle Rattle (Body armor, helmet, etc) so when I arrived to WA I couldnt help but give it a go.

Have to say I was very displeased and overall put off towards them, wasn't fully aware of everything at the time and gave myself awful headaches.

Finally approximately 2, 2 and a half weeks ago a NCO (Sergeant) in my Battalion chatted me up about it, the selling point for me wasn't quitting smoking, it was the savings. Financially things are tight for me and my family and the idea of altering my habit to save some good money was a major selling point for me, especially when I thought about the days where I would have to scrounge to get a pack of smokes or go a few days without.

So after mulling it over I decided to take the plunge, on payday I got an Ego V V2 mega, with a Kanger eVod, 3 flavors (vape Dew, vape Dew Menthol, and Thin Mints (peppermint, chocolate and menthol) )

Yesterday my wife decided to take the plunge as well, didnt get as great a set up, considering that my set up seems to be more than is needed. She got a Ego 900 mah pass through model, with a t3 bottom clearomizer and she picked up chocolate and peach flavors, i added sweet berry blue great aftertaste mild initial taste, and magic menthol to my flavors... to make things better I got a free flavor from Vape Dudes in today (NRG Drink) and I am trying to vape through my current mix to get to it (Mixed sweet berry blue, vape dew, and magic menthol so good)

Next payday I will be taking a further plunge and starting my DIY juices.

Any advice comments, help anything would be awesome. I am thinking of getting a glass clearomizer here soon, not exactly thrilled with my Kanger eVod as it gurgles excessively and drips a lil bit, and I think I already need a new head (ordered some yesterday should get them tuesday) as the amount of vapor i have been getting has slightly decreased...

well happy saturday to all fo you and i gotta say... this rocks, cant wait to see what you all may have to say...

oh yeah this place is a great source of information...

V/R

Jesse

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
Glass is good, as you don't have to worry about what juice you put in it.
I use the protanks, and although they are a little airy, I cover one of the holes, and I have had no problem with them at all.
I use the standard size on vamo's etc, and the mini size on the twists and spinners.
The twists and spinner are my "to-go" ones, as my "good" stuff doesn't leave the house.

DIY ... first off, download the "e juice me up" calculator.
Play with it, using imaganary recipes.
You will find that depending on how high of a nicotine base, and the % of flavoring you add will effect your recipes the most.
If, for example you use 24mg and up to 20% flavoring you will have to start out using a nicotine base of 75mg.
You will be doing a lot of diluting to create your juice, and the nic level of your base has to be able to handle it.
That's why you want to play with the calculator.
I would do that before ordering any nicotine.
If you like your juice at 24mg, and you order your base at that level, your juice will end up at 8 to 12mg.
So order a base with about 3 times more nicotine than you want so there is room to add everything else to it.

Others will be along with lots of advice, so welcome.
You and your spouse have made a very healthy choice.

Wickeddeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2013
JBLM
yeah that is the major reason that i want to go out and get a glass tank, i am actually considering either the protank 2 or the mini protank 2, not entirely sure, and also need to get approval from the mrs to drop some more cash on a new tank before i get it.

im definitely going to stick to my v2 for a long while, maybe in a few months i might get a different battery and toy around more.

i have already downloaded the e juice me up calculator, i have been looking at mixing my own juices pretty much since i got interested in vaping. my wife prefers to vape at 24, or so she think, i currently am vaping around 16-18. i have done a few different looks and am planning on getting a 100mg nic concentration, the 2 reasons i plan on mixing my own juices are 1 for enjoyable taste and 2 to increase the amount of money saved, hence the 100 mg nic. i havent decided if i am going to get pg and vg or a 50/50 blended bottle yet.

i can definitely say that i plan to get a glass protank once i start mixing my own liquids because i will have some citric flavors and dont want to crack any tanks.

meanckz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Greer, SC
www.facebook.com
may I add my congrats on joining the vaping community (wow, that just sounds so pompous, but I'll leave it) :D

also...I'd like to let you know about FastTech - Gadgets and Electronics
I just placed my first order there today, so I can't really speak for their service yet (I hope I won't be disappointed), however their prices are one of the lowest I have seen so far, and I figured that may interest you since that was the main reason you started vaping (same here btw) and another good site with very low prices is http://www.discountvapers.com
hopefully this helps
DV has genuine Kanger coils, which in my personal opinion are the best ( but may not count for much, since I've only been vaping since June 26, 2013)
Good luck with the juice creation, let me know what you decide upon and your experiences (because I've thought about it too, but for different reasons)

Last edited:

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
BTY,
Mt.Baker has the cheapest juices, and most are pretty good. Also fast shipping.
If you use the code VaporfromBaker, you'll get 10% off .. not bad since they are 4.99 for 15ml to start with.
Spend over $25.00 and you get a freebie
Anyway check them out.

I've bought from FastTech a dozen times.
They carry brand names and clones.
If it has a brand name, them it's for real.
But there is nothing wrong with their clones either. Some work better !
Shipping is free, but sometimes takes a few weeks (mainly because of customs over there.)
Dont buy batteries or e-liquid from them, but otherwise they are great
Register with them and some prices drop even more.

I also use Discount Vapors a lot. Good guys.

Buy your nic in PG.
That way if you want to freeze it, it will keep better. (over 7 years)
It also makes it easier to cut and calculate in recipes.
It doesn't really freeze though..our freezers are not cold enough.
Some are nervous about the FDA, and have stocked up ahead for fear of taxes, and regulations.

Have fun

Wickeddeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2013
JBLM
@meanckz i have actually seen dv i have a order for 5 replacement heads for my evod due to arrive on the 15th, thanks for the heads up btw, living life on a budget and may check out fast tech but im looking to minimize spending so not sure if ill just be teasing myself or not... lol. I am really looking forward to the juice creation, i have already created 5 different kits on various websites... and i have already played with mixing a little bit (ive taken my 5 different juices and mixed them with each other to create some tasty little joys... not as much as if i mixed myself, i will definitely be mixing for flavor, i dont mind a mild taste, but ive tried one or two where the taste is abundant and its just so... cant think of a word to describe it...)

@slots i definitely appreciate the info on mtbaker, took a quick look and might try a couple of their juices... might even try them for the diy, but i am a little concerned about the 15-40 % for the pure flavoring. are they strong flavors? I would have to say that my favorite and guilty pleasure from this is that the tastes are amazing and it reminds me of smoking a delicious hookah... but better...
will definitely get my nic in pg thanks for that tip, was debating on getting a 50/50 mix or pure pg, looking forward to playing with mixes... i love a lot of vapor i would love to just have massive clouds but i dont want to sacrifice taste... any tips on what the best mix is?

@rat2chat i have actually been skimming, searching and reading these forums from when i was debating on whether or not to take the plunge so it has been very helpful already... you guys are great

Wickeddeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2013
JBLM
so im going to ask this here, search this on the forums and if i cant find anything from the search will have a new thread popping up... lol

but with great thanks to slots, i got onto mtbakervapor, and while looking at their diy flavorings and they all suggest that you mix with a 15-40% of the flavoring, does this mean their flavoring is weaker? i mean it looks like a phenomenal deal with 3-5 dollars for 15 ml bottles of flavoring, but if it takes up to twice or more to make a good taste is it still worth it? what are the best diy flavorings, the most bang for you buck?

i appreciate any help i will get from this great community, really eager to start mixing, half the reason i got the mrs into vaping, because now she supports my cause... lol

thanks again

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
Mt Baker flavorings are I believe mostly "Flavor West" and their own website say to mix at 15%.
And yes, they are weaker in general
Some are strong, and some are weak ... that's where the "playing" part comes in.

Take a look at VapingZone. "The best bang for your buck"
There's a "super concentrate" section, and a "super concentrate gourmet"
Their stuff is good and does not require as much. Usually 1 to 2.5%
Their Caramel Cappuccino is super strong. One drop in 10ml. with a couple drops of a cream flavor is great.
Don't spill it on yourself !!
The price is a little higher, but it goes 10 times further.
Anyway .. check them out too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread