Good dripping atomizer with NO wick to fool with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJTP

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2012
TN
Hey guys, I bought a dripping atomizer with a wick and all, and it totally burnt up I believe. I wouldn't have thought it'd have had any problems wicking, but who knows. Is there a good dripper out there that can virtually saturate the coil with liquid to the point a monkey could do it, but without it leaking? I know the bridgeless ones do this, but I don't know the drawbacks. Or even one where the wick is completely visible and not covered by some weird mesh thing? Overall, I think my battery is just overvolting (it seems ridiculous that my dripper burned; I virtually flooded the thing with juice just to be safe) but I want to try this out before I purchase a new battery.

Any tips on dripper care as well?

gotch23

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2011
Fukuoka, Japan
Hi MJTP,

I really like debribged 510 atomizers or 306. They only hold a couple of drops...
But man... Really intense and pure flavor... a lot of vapor as well...
From surprisingly little juice... The best juice to vapor ratio available?
I feel the intensity and purity of taste has not been surpassed.... Genesis or RDAs...
I don't care.

Dripping... i'd say... not for monkeys :)
If you use the 510s you constantly have to drip, and if you are not
practiced or just absent-minded, they will leak as hell.
You could get a drip-shield though to alleviate the leaking.

Rebuilding RDAs of course... again not monkey-proof.
Fiddly... you need an ohm-meter and other tools, plus
you got to read up on that stuff.

Last edited:

MJTP

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2012
TN
Any links to a bridgeless that you've used? And yeah, at this point, I don't care if an atomizer would only give me two puffs per re-drop, I just need to taste my juice and make sure I'm not crazy or pinpoint if it's truly my battery being faulty. With the bridgeless, do they leak easy? Are there any priming tips or anything I should do? Or is it pretty much monkey-simple?

DasBluCig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2013
Chichester, NH
Agree with gotch23.....
I use bridgeless 510 attys from Vapor Alley.....they only need 3-4 drops....LET THE DROPS SETTLE FOR 30-45 SECONDS BEFORE FIRING!!!
AMAZING vaping experience!! What you taste is what the juice provides....No polyfill/silica/cotton to mask flavor!!
Dripper care??? I just rinse mine with hot distilled water after each use.....and allow it to dry THOROUGHLY!
The 510's are considered "disposable"......but you can get UP TO 2-3 weeks from each one if you're careful....
The LR (low resistance) attys I use measure out to ~1.7-1.8 ohms....and they work well on my eGo-C 650mAh Twists....

gotch23

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2011
Fukuoka, Japan
Well, i use these:

Electronic Cigarette - Atomizers LR - Joye 510 - LR

Low-Resistance 510 joye atomizers, which i debridge myself (not necessary).

Ok... apart from leaking it is really problem-free. Priming... not really... You will
find out really quick yourself how to keep the atomizer in a good liquid balance.
But ok... i start out with 2 drops, take a hit... do two more... and after that i just
drop in 2-3 drops every couple of hits... you get the hang of when, really quick.

Empire Drip Shields here is a drip-shield to help
with the leaking/dosing. I don't have one. But i have heard they work.

I would definitely change out the battery, if you are under the impression that it is faulty...
Alone for the safety reasons... But if it is this will also have a negative impact on your vape.

Last edited:

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
Well, with the vapor alley, they only have the 1.8, and since my battery may be faulty, I probably wanna stick with 2.5 or higher. Also, someone reviewed them and said three in a row burnt up on him... is the 30-second wait period what may be doing this?

While Vapor alley only carry's Chinese stuff Rick is a knowledgeable vapor and dose not carry the cheapest junk available like some of the vendors. I would advise you to get a mechanical mod and try the 1.8 ohm attys If Vapor alley is your go to store they have several.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
If your battery is struck at 4.8 volts, you can use a 4.5Ω atty, but the vape will only be ≈5 watts, which is pretty low; however, if you really feel like your battery is burning up your gear, it might be worth a shot. 3.0 would be better if you can find them. I'm sure there must be a video on youtube about de-bridging attys, people used to do it all the time.

You probably know all of this stuff anyway, but I have a blog about dripping that might have something in it you can use:

Drip, Drip, Drip…

kuritaro9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2013
Misawa Japan
or you can throw a multimeter on your current battery and verify that its actually stuck at a high volt setting. its possible that the volt labels were put on incorrectly .put the meter leads on it, and run it through each setting to see what its putting out. then make adjustments and needed.
what was the res. on the atty you burned up? if you dont have one, head over to sears and try it on one of the display models.

MJTP

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2012
TN
Would they happen to have something that can be battery checker at Sears? That'd be amazing luck. And the atomizer I bought was either 2.5 or something like that, nothing incredibly low. I did make the mistake of not letting it soak for 30 seconds, but then again, this is a bridged atomizer, and quite frankly, I don't even see how the juice even makes it to the wick with all that metal mesh in the way. And it's already ruined now it seems. I'm letting it soak in some water for a chance at cleaning it, but I don't know if it'll work. Also, my Protank's not doing any better; tastes virtually the same as the burnt dripper, and it's popping my coils like mad. Surprise twist is that I tested the two out on my faulty Twist clone (it has a center pin that's halfway popped up), and either this clone's popped pin is causing the same overvoltage situation, or I have some vape demon on my shoulder. It didn't get better even with that battery.

The only other thing I can consider at this point is that the Coffee And Cream juice from GoodeJuice wasn't filtered enough. MOV's Sunday Morning wicked extremely well with my previous Protank tests, just it tasted like weak maple syrup. Another thing I may want to ask: is it possible that the 2.5 heads aren't giving enough power to my coils, causing the juice just to gunk a bit on the coils? I check my coils almost after every puff, and they look good. Wicks are wicking well. I have no clue. I just know that so far, nothing is working right no matter how many things or juices I try. I'd give $200 right now to get a set-up that I KNOW would work where they was a %100 garuntee or money back, but with my luck, there's no such thing. I garuntee I could get a Provari and something would go wrong, it always does.

That being said, the only things I'd ever look into is a iTaste 3.0, or alternatively, a squeeze-bottle mod. I don't like the fact that you have to use a plastic bottle with those, but at this point, I'm willing to try anything. But I just don't see why my Vision Spinner and various set-ups aren't working. Works for everyone at some point. This isn't supposed to be rocket science; they sell tank set-ups at my local "Middle Eastern" smoke shop blocks down the street! (For $80...) Three years ago, I tried a Blu disposable, and back then, the vape tasted like toffee and was so smooth and soft, and I KNEW vaping was for me. But I haven't had one experience like that one Blu disposable three years ago since. Even the Blu disposables now taste like flat "tobacco" vapor, and their kit broke on me after 6 days. My Twist clone came in broken, my 1st Spinner clone came in broken, my 2nd Spinner clone is an inferno, my dripper burn up, my Protank has eaten several heads alive, my Revolver kit burnt everything up, I've had over 6 packs of Blu cartos all taste burnt (even on the Spinner). I don't know what to do.

So far, the only literally "working" vape has ever been the Blu disposables, and they taste like crap nowadays....

Last edited:

kuritaro9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2013
Misawa Japan
just a basic multimeter can be your batt checker. all you are looking to do is see what the output is. and multimeter will be able to show what the output is at whatever position the VV knob is turned to.

and, FWIW, im not a fan of BCC clearos. i had some success with the old kangers, but then decided to upgrade them to the T3S bases, and all i get is a nasty taste. have since stopped using them all together. when you get the juice flowing good to the coil, it seems that they have a tendancy to gurgle and leak. gave up on them altogether, and am sticking with my carto/tanks and vivi's have had zero issues with any of those besides the learning curve on pg/vg ratios and 1,2 or 3 hole cartos in the tanks...

Last edited:

Codz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2013
Lancashire
Well, i use these:

Electronic Cigarette - Atomizers LR - Joye 510 - LR

Low-Resistance 510 joye atomizers, which i debridge myself (not necessary).

Ok... apart from leaking it is really problem-free. Priming... not really... You will
find out really quick yourself how to keep the atomizer in a good liquid balance.
But ok... i start out with 2 drops, take a hit... do two more... and after that i just
drop in 2-3 drops every couple of hits... you get the hang of when, really quick.

Empire Drip Shields here is a drip-shield to help
with the leaking/dosing. I don't have one. But i have heard they work.

I would definitely change out the battery, if you are under the impression that it is faulty...
Alone for the safety reasons... But if it is this will also have a negative impact on your vape.

I use the same from Liberty Flights and there is a 3.0ohm version available aswell (or there is in the UK so i assume they would be available on the US site too). I agree with all of the above, no maintenance, no priming... just drip 2 or 3 drops in and off you go :)

kuritaro9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2013
Misawa Japan
also, instead of using "wicked" tank style devices, you could try some tried and true cartos. doesnt get much simpler than that. fill however you like (drip or condom method or whatever) and vape away until the vapor or taste doesnt come any more, then repeat the process. the added benefit of never having to worry about them breaking open on in your pocket is a plus too. i dont always use cartos, but i always have them on hand.some juice just works better or tastes better in different devices. for example, the flavor of my coconut cream pie is much more intense in the carto vs the vivi. but, if i have a flavor that is overpowering, i will throw it in the vivi to tame it down a bit.

gotch23

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2011
Fukuoka, Japan
Well...
imho the probable cause to everything tasting burnt is...
your faulty battery.

It is probably stuck at too high a voltage and thus your juice tastes burnt.
If i crank up the power high enough i can also get my protank to taste burnt.

Exchange the Twist for a new one... or get an Innokin VV 3.0
Any vv-device that lets you regulate down the power.

Hang in there... Vaping can be really problem free.
Your recent mishaps with everything tasting burnt are likely due
to the same fault: Too high wattage.

gotch23

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2011
Fukuoka, Japan
Hi Michelle :)

It depends on your personal taste, whether you like LR-atomizers at 4.2 volt.

I really like 1.5 ohm debridged joye-510 @4.2 volts. I do that with my unregulated nemesis...
no burnt taste for me.

2.2 ohm... most likely it will work well. If anything... maybe you find vapor production a bit lacking.
But yes... a matter of taste.

Here is a video on how to de-bridge a 510.

Atomizer Debridge | De-bridge (HOW TO) - YouTube

However you can also buy already bridgeless versions
of the 510 or 306... or other custom versions of them.
I have heard good things about cisco-spec or bauway
variants, but haven't tried them, since i am happy with
what i got and they aren't that easy to source around here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread