Good,EASY mouth to lung system

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenmachine17

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2015
Street Level U.S.A.
Hi all..I've got an old friend.58yrs,5'5" Italian restaurant owner that we've been bugging to go to cardio Dr for years. Well.he smokes 2 pack a day.mediums..and gotta stop the Stix. Any experienced, newbies out there that have good,easy top fill tank I can get this man.maybe a tobacco juice.he's warming up to idea of vaping but He's not gonna stop the stix on his own and we don't wanna lose him...thy u for this

Reactions: Cheallaigh

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Or go with an AIO like the Joytech. Fill it and change the coil maybe once a week. Easy way to start. Even easier, one of the new pod mods with prefilled pods that are even more like a cigarette in use, but far higher quality than the cigalikes you'll find in gas stations. There's a whole new section of the forum just devoted to those now, and is probably worth checking out.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Pico with Melo3. Lots of coil options to find his sweet spot. I'm liking the eleaf icares. Easy and cheap. It works. Then get a zamplebox subscribtion and let him try flavors. If he's in a restaurant, he's a foodie. Flavor is what hooked me. Most smokers think they want tobacco , but that doesn't last long.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

TheTinMan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2016
North Carolina
The Nautilus X will fry the coils over 14-16 watts max not matter what they say. I have one and rarely go over 14 Watts. An iStick TC40W and a Nautilus Mini was what I first vaped with after switching from cig-a-likes.

Edit: I agree with @SteveS45 anything beyond 16 is no bueno

Last edited:

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
At 14 to 16 watts Max I get weeks out of the coils. I have tried vaping them at higher wattage's and found them to perform better for me at the 14W range. That is what is great about vaping what works for me might not for you but you can get enjoyable vape out of the same device with totally opposite settings!

TheTinMan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2016
North Carolina
At 14 to 16 watts Max I get weeks out of the coils. I have tried vaping them at higher wattage's and found them to perform better for me at the 14W range. That is what is great about vaping what works for me might not for you but you can get enjoyable vape out of the same device with totally opposite settings!

I actually misread your first post. You are correct. While I get good vape at 16.5 anything beyond that will fry the coils. I had read that 19 watts was the sweet spot for the 1.5 coils. Yeah, sweet, if you like the taste of ash.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I made a mistake and fired an N-X coil at 27 Watts once. Yes your read that right.............. ONCE!

I had heard from others that the 1.8Ω coils are great for flavor but with the Nautilus Minis I moved down to the 1.6Ω coils so last order I got the 1.5Ω coils again.

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
Kanger EVOD PRO V2 Starter kit

I'm thinking more smoke shape, but not... I know there's other brand variants, I just don't know the names... but this kind of style would be good for him... sometimes the whole tank and mod bit can be a bit much for the stubborn type.. and he sounds it. good on you for trying to help him and show you care!

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
Pico with Melo3. Lots of coil options to find his sweet spot. I'm liking the eleaf icares. Easy and cheap. It works. Then get a zamplebox subscribtion and let him try flavors. If he's in a restaurant, he's a foodie. Flavor is what hooked me. Most smokers think they want tobacco , but that doesn't last long.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

I was one of the... wait... I don't have to pick a tobacco flavour? woot! sample time, I want to try em all! and quickly learned while my hubby loves deserts and I love to smell em, yuck to my tastebuds! sampling is great as long as you don't get vapers tongue.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Oops. Big oops. I bet that was nasty.

I was working on the PC and held the button for raising the power by accident. So I realized it in maybe 1/2 a second! If you wonder how a battery can vent when I felt the heat out of that hit in such a short period of time! I immediately removed it from my mouth! Even though I didn't get a dry hit I could smell the coil had fried the cotton. That was changed and tank washed just for good measure.

TheTinMan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2016
North Carolina
I was working on the PC and held the button for raising the power by accident. So I realized it in maybe 1/2 a second! If you wonder how a battery can vent when I felt the heat out of that hit in such a short period of time! I immediately removed it from my mouth! Even though I didn't get a dry hit I could smell the coil had fried the cotton. That was changed and tank washed just for good measure.

With that short drip tip you're lucky. Another half a second and your lips would've been welded to the tip. :eek:

greenmachine17

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2015
Street Level U.S.A.
I tried a friends icare..regular 3%nic moo milk vanilla almond. didn't feel like a cig pull(airflow holes open too much?)..no throat hit.. (took a hit from her real cig.yuk. been 2yrs 4 me.. lol) and gurgle,spitback.I think she tried to put juice into the rubber stop hole..I just won an icare,and cannoli(he makes them at the restaurant ) Salt-E juice (got 45mg ). .I'll experiment w that b4 I give to him..
Yeah I kno..I kno

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
JUUL_HEX_PKG_UPDATE_HERO_SEPARATED_R1-FULL.549.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread