good flavour RTA for a beginner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sauvage

Aug 2, 2017
hello vapers
hope everyone is great and enjoying their vapes
I have been vaping for a month now on a smok alien with the baby beast on it. For the first 3 weeks i had been using the nasty juice cushman and it really helped me burn out the Q2 and T8 coil included in the box. Now I am rocking the X-4 coil and got some bazooka and naked juice as the vape shop guy recommended them but i dont want to be spending money on coils every now and then
The thing i enjoy most about vaping is the flavour and want to hear what you guys would recommend for a beginner like me who likes flavor and a direct lung hit.
my budget is around 20-30 $ and in this range i have found the govad, ammit 25 and serpent smm.

Reactions: Letitia

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
The Serpent SMM is a good tank and super easy to build. I running two of them right now and like you vape for the flavor.

If you don't mind waiting the Hussar clone on FT is nice as well as the Skyline. The Merlin and the OBS Ace are also a good tanks, I've been running one of those for months. Everything I mentioned is single coil. If you decide to go the FT route you can probably squeeze two tanks into you budget but the wait is sometimes brutal. In Chicago I usually wait 2/3 weeks.

All are right around your budget and produce good flavor.

Sauvage

Aug 2, 2017
The Serpent SMM is a good tank and super easy to build. I running two of them right now and like you vape for the flavor.

If you don't mind waiting the Hussar clone on FT is nice as well as the Skyline. The Merlin and the OBS Ace are also a good tanks, I've been running one of those for months. Everything I mentioned is single coil.

All are right around your budget and produce good flavor.
I dont mind waiting and will be getting all the things to go along with the tank from fasttech.
From all the youtube reviews, it appears as if the tank is a little restrictive. a good open airflow is something would rather have but i havent tried it so cannot be sure about it.

Reactions: stols001

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
SMM af is only restrictive if you use large id coils. stay 2.5id or smaller and af should be acceptable. If go FT route look at OBS Engine Nano. Top af, 5ml, easy build and wick. SMM is a great rta.

I think it's great that it holds a little over 5mls and they call it a nano.

Letitia, have you vaped one of these because I had one in my cart and still haven't pulled the trigger. How in the hell does the tank fasten to the deck?

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I think it's great that it holds a little over 5mls and they call it a nano.

Letitia, have you vaped one of these because I had one in my cart and still haven't pulled the trigger. How in the hell does the tank fasten to the deck?
Because mini was already taken by their dual coil 22 mm Engine. Stupid? Yes.

As for attaching the tank (assuming you're referring to a nano) the deck just screws in from the bottom like any other base.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Appreciated Eskie.

I asked because it has those two pins on the bottom that appear not to let the base turn. I should probably close my cart on FT to check this one out ;)

And Letitia I did a search after my post here and found the super thread about this tank, you answered my questions in that post.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'm still waiting for my Hussar clone, I was told it was an easy build, so I ordered it from fasttech. So far, it's been an easy build indeed, as I haven't received it yet... So, I decided to build on one of possibly the more complicated, tiny RDA tanks and hilarity ensued, but I learned a lot. I am hoping to build on my Hussar clone without interactive cliffnotes (members of this forum) and the Engineer Husband doing much of the work. I'm turning off the internet and doing it while the husband is away, when the Hussar gets here, I want to see if I can actually build it...

Good luck, I think you've gotten some great recommendations!

Anna

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
SMM af is only restrictive if you use large id coils. stay 2.5id or smaller and af should be acceptable. If go FT route look at OBS Engine Nano. Top af, 5ml, easy build and wick. SMM is a great rta.
I second the OBS Nano. Easy to build. Air holes on top so rock solid no leaking. Spring loaded fill port easiest to fill of any Atomizer, Great Flavor and holds around 5ml. I've stopped looking for anything else. Just doesn't seem to get better than this atty. Reasonably priced at around $20.00 too.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
@Eskie Did you ever get a Nano?

Nope, never got around to it. My dual coils are the same size, so I'm fine with that. If the single coil nano had been ~23 mm like the mini, I would have gotten it. But another 25 mm tank of essentially the same design didn't make sense. I did get the Serpent SMM, so that and my Pharaoh are my single coil tanks for now (forgot, also a Merlin).

Reactions: Letitia

Sauvage

Aug 2, 2017
so guys i have a smok alien 220 which i would be using for the tank. would the 25mm tanks really fit the mod.
there are a lot of reviewers on youtube praising the smm and ammit 25 but not that kind of hype going for the obs nano.
should I really go for this tank. I feel like the ammit looks cooler and has better build quality but thats all i get from looking at the photos

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Sauvage, it's hard to tell what's going to work best for you, but I tend to go with better reviewed tanks (for the most part) unless there's a clear reason that one would work better than another. I'm a MTL vaper so the tanks I'd pick would likely be totally different than the ones you might pick, but a good review will tell you what it is "good" for, that being said if there's one you really want to try, I'd say go for it, but stay simple, if you can. I believe the SMM has a reputation of being an easy build? Having successes with your RTA matters especially early on, so if all else is equal, I'd say go for what looks (to you) to be an easiest build form factor, within the parameters of what you'd like, (DL, airier airflow, etc., whatever those things are).

Good luck!

Anna

Reactions: KC0YNU
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread