Status
Not open for further replies.

Cob24

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
A place some call paradise
So I recently joined the ranks here and have found an issue. I love my little mini and the quality vape I'm getting. I switched from carto tanks to a rm2. I'm a huge fan of Bryce's vanilla line myself. I used to be into some mbv flavors like blue moo and moo juice, orange dream etc.. Problem is that those fruit juices come off very cough syrupy flavor in my rm2.
I still have a single carto tank which I use for blue moo which makes the juice usable. My problem is that I'm only able to vape the vanillas in the reo/rm2 setup. I'm afraid I'm going to wreck my pallet for these juices if it's all I can tolerate.

So here's my request. What sort of juices hold up to the "better" vape of the rm2 without bringing out the cruddy quality that I've experienced? I'm personally into the creamy/bakery variety of juices.

I apologize if this thread has been done way too much.

ancient puffer

EX PV Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Virginia, USA
Just a thought, but you might want to give unflavored nic juice a try, it's very inexpensive if you buy in bulk, and you can always add flavorings if that's your preference. Some of us vape nothing BUT unflavored. One place to get it is MyFreedomSmokes.com. You can choose what strength and mix of PG/VG you like.

NicLiq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2011
Twin Cities, MN
nicliq.blogspot.com
Just a thought, but you might want to give unflavored nic juice a try, it's very inexpensive if you buy in bulk, and you can always add flavorings if that's your preference. Some of us vape nothing BUT unflavored. One place to get it is MyFreedomSmokes.com. You can choose what strength and mix of PG/VG you like.

A big second for this. I vaped Banana Split exclusively for 2 years after chasing flavors for a year. Unflavored is a flavor, it's slightly sweet, heats perfectly, and doesn't make a mess of coils or wicks. I have been using a piece of bamboo crochet thread for a week as a wick and it's just as clean as the day I put it in my coil.

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
I also like unflavored, (it does have a flavor) But I also use it to cut store bought juice so I don't get flavor overload when bottom feeding.

Some juices are so strongly flavored for the carto crowd That I only need to use 20% flavored to 80% unflavored. This also helps with cost if you like some of the higher priced stuff.

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
I had the same sort of problem with a tobacco flavour I like a lot.. it tasted completely different even coming from using it on a trident rda to using it on the rm2... I don't really understand why because I use cotton in both.. maybe something to do with the ceramic deck, I dunno... using silica wick helps a bit with some of the flavour.. but after solely using cotton now for so long the silica or ekowool doesn't cut it and seems to mute other parts

could it possibly be your taste buds.. I know mine keep bloody changing

if you go diy and you like a bit of rhubarb then rhubarb and vanilla custard is vnice.. The Alchemists cupboard stuff ive been using and its strong :D

I found the no-flavour not quite sweet enuff for me because I think I keep burning my throat but when I fill my squonk bottle up with say 3ml juice I add 2 or 3 drops of loran cream cheese icing, that stuff is sick

Last edited:

Hypatia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Titletown, USA
I will agree with others here about trying out unflavored. I had tried it prior to my Reo. I couldn't stand it in clearos or tanks, so I dismissed it as unvapeable for me. However, once I got my Reo, I wanted to experiment with different nic levels (hmm, is it time to drop the level?), so I gave unflavored another go (cheap to DIY several different nic % bottles).

Wow! It's pretty danged good. Very subtly sweet on the exhale, no weird or funky undertones at all. EPIPHANY! Unflavored (I get my base from Wizard Labs, VG from Essential Depot) gets my vote for an always good "flavor" while your sorting out your taste buds adjusting to the Reo. And it's CHEAP. I accidentally bought probably a 5 year supply of nic base, and VG to match for, like $100 bucks. But I still "chase" after the perfect flavor, too (oh, SO many sample bottles from every vendor, lol).

rudy4653

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
CT
So I recently joined the ranks here and have found an issue. I love my little mini and the quality vape I'm getting. I switched from carto tanks to a rm2. I'm a huge fan of Bryce's vanilla line myself. I used to be into some mbv flavors like blue moo and moo juice, orange dream etc.. Problem is that those fruit juices come off very cough syrupy flavor in my rm2.
I still have a single carto tank which I use for blue moo which makes the juice usable. My problem is that I'm only able to vape the vanillas in the reo/rm2 setup. I'm afraid I'm going to wreck my pallet for these juices if it's all I can tolerate.

So here's my request. What sort of juices hold up to the "better" vape of the rm2 without bringing out the cruddy quality that I've experienced? I'm personally into the creamy/bakery variety of juices.

I apologize if this thread has been done way too much.

As mentioned above- get some nicotine base (VG) my preference, and some PG then use it to cut your flavored juice to desired taste. I fill my 3ml REO bottle with unflavored then just add a few drops of flavoring or your favorite flavored juice and voila! It doesn't take much to notice the flavor difference. Plus it's MUCH cheaper and will make your flavored juice go a long way! Just my 2 cents. Makes it easy to change flavors daily!

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
So I placed an order with Wizard Labs on Monday and the order still says processing... Can anyone give me an idea how long it normally takes to get something shipped from them?

I usually receive within 5 to 7 days of ordering. Back before everyone was freaking out about being able to get nic (like a year and a half ago) it took like 3 days :)

RattlerX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2014
West Texas
I must admit that after reading all the post in this thread I was still skeptical of the unflavored juice being able to provide me with what I needed. BUT…I trust the opinion of so many on here that I had to try it as soon as I got home.

I emptied two bottles of flavored juice and filled with one with 50/50 unflavored base and one with 80/20 unflavored base. I did not wash out the bottles so there was still a hint of the old flavor…..OMG!!!! both vape great with just a hint of the old flavor.

All my juice was too strong before and that is why I had to jack around with the coils. I swear….I kept thinking how could it possibly get any easier than vaping with a REO and today it just became even easier yet again.

Thank you to everyone who posted in this thread.

Hypatia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Titletown, USA
Wizard Labs for the nic base. They sell in 100mg/ml strength all the way down to 12mg/ml strength, should you not want to "mess" with diluting down such a high nic %: USP Nicotine Solutions

For PG and VG for diluting, Essential Depot (through Amazon) is a highly reputable and inexpensive source of USP grade VG and PG: http://www.amazon.com/Glycerin-Vege...75793&sr=8-1&keywords=vegetable+glycerine+usp.

I like to buy everything separately, so I can mix exactly the strength I want (and keep nic in the freezer for, well hoarding for no good reason, lol). Otherwise, some others may mention where they get premixed unflavored liquid from vendors they like. I'm more of the DIY'er (but it's really not difficult at all).

NicLiq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2011
Twin Cities, MN
nicliq.blogspot.com
So where is this decent unflavored juice that I need to try?

The cheapest thing would be to make your own, it's very easy - I posted a thread called 4000 ml of Simple earlier today. I buy from RTSvapes and use a measured 8 oz. squeeze bottle, so I just fill to marks on the bottle now. I used to mix up juice with syringes and count drops of flavor - now it takes me 2 minutes to make enough for my husband and I for a month.

RattlerX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2014
West Texas
So where is this decent unflavored juice that I need to try?

If want to get your hands on something quicker to do a test run you can try Wal-Mart. You can cut your flavored juice but it will reduce the nic level as well.

VG - Glycerin will be over in the Pharmacy section.
It comes in 177ml plastic bottles made by HUMCO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread