Status
Not open for further replies.

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
I did and its good. I cant decide its relationship with deadly just yet, the flavors need to age/meld. I like it, but I am going to give this until Saturday to hang around and get shaken. (I dont have an ultrasonic) Well - if I can stand waiting :oops:

Thank you MissAmerican, I hope anyone who makes it enjoys!

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
If you have TFA Cinnamon Danish, toss a little bit of that in the mix.

I think I do - good call. I am trying to fight it and let it steep at least 5 days. A lot changes in those days. I dont want it to be over cinnamon-ee. I really think this one could be "the one" or pretty close to it. I feel like it needs just a hair more cinnamon - but I am wondering if it will come through in the end. Ugh. I just hate waiting LOL.

savagemann

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2013
California East Bay
I was working on a deadly sin clone. My iterations took quite some time to steep.
The cinnamon really dies off after a few weeks.
I am actually revisiting my first attempt as we speak.
I mixed it on 9-21-13
When it was first mixed, the cinnamon was way too strong.
As it sits now, 2 months later, it is pretty good.
I have done almost 20 versions, and while they are all really yummy, they are not a direct clone.

Here is a copy paste of my story trying to recreate DS.Pasted from here.........http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-liquid-recipes/421670-clone-recipes-4.html#post10905234

START QUOTE

I've played with this using several different ingredients. You can achieve similar results using several different flavors. This just happens to be my most recent iteration that I was playing with.
I attempted several revisions with flavors not on the list, but those turned out pretty flat tasting.

If you have these flavors, give it a shot, but I wouldn't go out of your way to buy all of this just to make this flavor. ****See notes at end of recipe

I wouldn't say this is an exact clone, but it gets you in the ballpark. This was my 7th revision.

This is super high on the flavor %, but seems to work good.
This takes about 2 weeks for everything to meld together.
I also do 3 hot water baths/vigorous shake between baths, then steep 24 hours without the cap on, covered with a piece of non scented tissue to reduce contaminants.

I use 50/50 pg/vg base and add 10% VG to balance out all the extra flavoring.
I also use VG nic at around 6mg coming from a 100mg base, so there is an extra 6% VG accounted for there.
So there is a total of 16% VG on top of the 50/50 base.
It ends up being about 58%PG 42%VG.
Mix ends up being around 31% flavor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure everything could be scaled down in % to stay around 20% total, but I was trying to push the envelope on maximum flavor.
For the record, I write everything out for a 10ml bottle in my recipes, so sorry if any of this gets confusing.

Get ready for the list of insanity...............

TFA Cinnamon Danish 15%
TFA Vanilla Custard 2%
TFA Tobacco Absolute PG 1% (Edited to add, this is the Tobacco Absolute from Wizard Labs. It is not nearly as heavy as the old alcohol based version. You can barely even taste it in the mix. I only sense it after a heavy vape session and smell my drip tip.
TFA Cinnamon Sugar Cookie 5%
TFA Gingerbread Cookie 2%
Lorann Cream Cheese Icing 1%
Flavor West Yellow Cake 3%
TFA Cotton Candy 1.5%
3 drops TFA Sweetener per 10ml about 1%
Apple Cider Vinegar 2 drops per 10ml out of a 1ml pippette
VG 10% or 1ml per 10ml bottle
100mg VG nic base 6% = .6mg per 10ml
53.5% or 5.35ml base of 50/50 per 10ml

****Notes I wrote after a 1 week steep and testing.
Lower Cinnamon Danish to around 12%
Raise Vanilla Custard to around 3%
Raise Gingerbread Cookie to around 3%
Possibly add Bavarian Cream.**** End notes

I'm vaping this right now after mixing on 9/21/13
It's pretty good.
A little heavy on the cinnamon
Could possibly drop Cin Danish to 10% and up the yellow cake to around 5%

Please do be forewarned, this is super high on % and flavor.
I was working on this flavor for about 5 days, which during that time it was all I was vaping. I think I went through about 25ml of my attempts during those 5 days.
Turns out, my tongue didn't like all that cinnamon over a 5 day period and I gave myself a wicked case of vapors tongue, which lasted about 2 days.
To release myself from the torment, I ate saltine crackers and drank water all day.
The next day I rubbed sliced lemons on my tongue. LOL
Then that day all I vaped was absinthe mixed at 15%.
Next day I was all better.

If you do attempt this, let me know how you like it.
If your taste buds are not completely thrashed like mine have gotten over all the years, I would drop everything down in proportion so your total flavor % is around 20ish %

END QUOTE

I have since dropped the Cin Danish down to 10% and the Cin Cookie down to 2% and upped the FW Yellow Cake to around 5%
I'm still missing something.
I think it needs more Vanilla.

Also, my Deadly Sin is about 3 months old now, and has changed dramatically.
I'm not really sure what it used to taste like when it was fresh, but it is totally different now after long steeping.
Good luck and let us know how your recipe comes out.

P.S. I like your flavor selection. It's a little more simple than mine.

savagemann

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2013
California East Bay
Thanks Creepy.
Mine is insanely powerful.
I like to try and push the envelope of flavor %. Right up to the point to where it almost starts getting weak because of too much, then back off a tad.
I have a bunch of new diyfs and vz super concentrates I am going to use to start a new version of my attempts.
I will report back if I have any luck.
Btw, I'm liking the looks of your recipe.
More times often than not, less is more.

savagemann

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2013
California East Bay
Lemme know what you think Bryan.
Read through my notes in my post above, and I recommend going by any changes that are in those notes.
Dropping the cin danish helped a lot, but something is still missing.
It needs more cake batter ish flavor still.
Im thinking diyfs pound cake might be needed. .....heavily!

Bryan lord

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2013
Ct
www.blendsbybryce.com
Vaping ladies version now and it's really good. Truthfully I wasn't that thrilled with the original deadly sin but when I saw her flavor list it sounded so good that I knew I had to try it. After less than 24 hours I'm loving this recipe. I made 20ml so hopefully it lasts long enough to get a week steep on it(doubt it). I used 4% sweetener but everything else I did the same. I'm thinking a couple drops of vanillian when I make it next would be nice. This will have a permanent spot in the Kayfun for a good long time I think.

Next up is the version savage posted, looks like I have everything for that except the cream cheese icing.

Thanks again!

-Lord

Smokke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Atlanta, GA, USA
This is where Im at on it. It is steeping I haven't tasted it yet. SO dont make it and gripe if it sucks :p I think this will be the closest yet.

by CreepyLady, yesterday, at 21:11

Ingredient %
Nicotine juice 12.5
PG dilutant 7.5
VG dilutant 60
Graham Cracker (TFA) 1
Cinnamon Sugar Cookie 8 (TFA)
Sweet Cream (TFA) 5
Vanilla Swirl (TFA) 2
Brown Sugar Extra (TFA)1
Smooth(TFA) 3

Try adding TFA Cinnamon Roll, TFA Pie Crust and TFA Cotton Candy. Take out the Brown Sugar Extra and use less Sweet Cream. Maybe a touch of Cinnamon Spice and a Tad of RY4 Double.

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
Try adding TFA Cinnamon Roll, TFA Pie Crust and TFA Cotton Candy. Take out the Brown Sugar Extra and use less Sweet Cream. Maybe a touch of Cinnamon Spice and a Tad of RY4 Double.

Im thinking a drop of cinn spice or cinn churro per 5 ml and leaving the rest. Maybe switching out vanilla swirl for vanilla custard.

I have changed this recipe about 654352156 times to get where I am and it hits a similar spot in satisfaction now, so I wouldnt make any drastic changes.

and

Bryan Lord said:
Vaping ladies version now and it's really good. Truthfully I wasn't that thrilled with the original deadly sin but when I saw her flavor list it sounded so good that I knew I had to try it. After less than 24 hours I'm loving this recipe. I made 20ml so hopefully it lasts long enough to get a week steep on it(doubt it). I used 4% sweetener but everything else I did the same. I'm thinking a couple drops of vanillian when I make it next would be nice. This will have a permanent spot in the Kayfun for a good long time I think.

Next up is the version savage posted, looks like I have everything for that except the cream cheese icing.

Thanks again!

Glad you like it! I made many rather terrible concoctions before I got here! LOL. Let me know how vanillin turns out! I was contemplating either adding that or swapping vanilla swirl for vanilla custard. Also, if you make Savage's before me, post and let me know how delish it is. I managed to break my patella (long story involving the fact that i am an extremely clumsy broad) and I have only mixed a few simple must haves because pulling out and setting up the lah booooor a toreee for bigger recipes is a bit taxing at the moment.

Smokke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Atlanta, GA, USA
Im thinking a drop of cinn spice or cinn churro per 5 ml and leaving the rest. Maybe switching out vanilla swirl for vanilla custard.

I have changed this recipe about 654352156 times to get where I am and it hits a similar spot in satisfaction now, so I wouldnt make any drastic changes.

and

Glad you like it! I made many rather terrible concoctions before I got here! LOL. Let me know how vanillin turns out! I was contemplating either adding that or swapping vanilla swirl for vanilla custard. Also, if you make Savage's before me, post and let me know how delish it is. I managed to break my patella (long story involving the fact that i am an extremely clumsy broad) and I have only mixed a few simple must haves because pulling out and setting up the lah booooor a toreee for bigger recipes is a bit taxing at the moment.

If anyone uses cinnamon. Make sure it is The Cinnamon Spice and not regular Cinnamon. I dont have Churro to try that .. yet. The reg Cinnamon Tastes like Red Hot and takes over the flavor completely... does not give it back either. LOL. I tried 1 drop per 5 ml of Cinnamon Spice and it seems to be maybe too much but I am going to let it steep for a while and hopefully the Cinnamon will settle down a little.

I am with you on trying to get this one about 654352156 times. Atleast. The last batch of Deadly Sin I got started tasting sour so I really want to come up with my own. Plus, I am tired of ordering it.

Proetus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Western Mass
Is this still the recipe you are running with CreepyLady? Just curious as im about to order some of my standard flavorings and will add what is needed for this.

This is where Im at on it. It is steeping I haven't tasted it yet. SO dont make it and gripe if it sucks :p I think this will be the closest yet.

by CreepyLady, yesterday, at 21:11

Ingredient %
Nicotine juice 12.5
PG dilutant 7.5
VG dilutant 60
Graham Cracker (TFA) 1
Cinnamon Sugar Cookie 8 (TFA)
Sweet Cream (TFA) 5
Vanilla Swirl (TFA) 2
Brown Sugar Extra (TFA)1
Smooth(TFA) 3

Vince159

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2012
Citrus Heights, CA USA
I tried this recipe. I didn't have vanilla swirl, so I subbed vanilla cupcake. It didn't turn out as I had hoped. I added some sweetener and that helped. I'm putting it up to steep, so we'll see in a week or 2. Thank you CreepyLady for the effort! Steeping should be helpful; plus I'm very new to DIY and I hope I got the mix right. I use ejuicemeup, and I punched in my usual nic percentages, and 50/50 PG/VG, as I didn't fully understand the instructions about these.

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
I made the exact recipe (40PG 60VG) about a week and a half ago and will say I think it definitely improved over that time. I think if I make it again, I'm going to bring down the Cinnamon Sugar Cookie down from 8% to about 5-6% and also add about 2% TFA Caramel. I think it's pretty good as is, but by the end of the tank I think the Cinnamon is overpowering the other flavors. YMMV and it's just my :2c:

Cheers,
Steve

Edit Also thinking of going to a 60PG 40VG mix or at least 50/50

Edit 2 I also made Creepy Lady's Snickerdoodles (sp) recipe at the same time and would also lower the Cinnamon sugar cookie on that to 5-6% (I must be more sensitive to Cinnamon than some) and add 2% Caramel and 1 or 2% Hazelnut or a few drops of AP per 5ml. Out of the 2, I like the Deadly Sin clone a tad better

Final Edit I've never tried the originals, I just saw the recipes and they looked interesting so the changes I suggested are for my personal taste, not to get it closer to the original

Whew that was a long post :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread