Good life vapor review! Eight juices inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwnguin

Aug 21, 2013
Olathe, KS, USA
So I think I found my favorite vendor. GLV has some tasty juices, so let's cut to the chase. Note: This is a combination of two review from reddit. First half doesn't denote attys used on each juice; it was either a 1.8 or 2.2 in Protank 1's and 2's. All juices tested on a provari; these are my first two reviews, please give me some pointers so I can do better next time!

Part 1

All Juices 24mg/ml, 50/50

Shockwave

One customer described this as similar to Moutain Dew Voltage. I'll start off by disagreeing... I've drank countless gallons of voltage, and this is not close to the flavor of voltage. Friends have commented
that it's closer to Pitch Black. In liquid form, it smells like a grape jolly rancher, and tastes like one as well. (NOTE: Don't taste juices. I am dumb and do this despite the obvious stupidity factor!)

Shockwave has a noticable throat hit, pronounced but pleasant. GLV describes this as a blue raspberry; to me, it's close to a blue pixie stick, but not quite as acidic. It's a bit sweeter than a pixie stick, but the
best taste comparison I could find. There are subtle hints of purple grape. The s.o. loves this juice, just ordered 50mL. 4/5.

Atom bomb

Interesting juice! I get hints of anise when I smell the liquid. To me, I first taste black licorice, then a slightly tart green apple, followed by a mild sweet strawberry taste. I might be off base with this initial
analysis, but I'm surprised because I dislike the taste of anise (or anything resembling it) and I'm enjoying this so far...

This is a trickier blend for me to figure out. The most noticeable thing is the exhale... it's cool. I didn't add menthol, but I'm wondering if it's part of the formula. The cool exhale isn't strong, just noticeable. I'm starting to taste berry, similar to Skoal berry. The other fruits are less pronounced, faint hints of green apple. Conferring with the s.o. after a huge exhale of this stuff... "I do have to say, GLV makes damn good juice." He's currently bogarting the provari! I think he likes it. The little menthol kick is nice, too. This
is coming from someone who is adverse to menthol! 5/5.

Zombie Blood

...smells like blue jello to me. Tasting it? At first I thought raspberry, then...banana? I'm confused. If it wasn't toxic, I'd like this as a drink!

This juice is sweet! Literally, and figuratively! I'm starting to get a "gummy worm" vibe from it. Torn between strawberry gummy worm, or a strawberry custard-y...thing. I enjoy it, but there's not much to say more about this one. Doesn't knock my socks off, but I like it. 4/5

Baja Breeze

Has that distinct "blue" smell, mixed with a strange...glue? Strange. Tastes very close to Baja blast! As far as "taste-a-likes" go, this is damn close to Baja Blast. If anything, I'd want a touch more citrus, but... I'm content as is! Reminiscent of the ocean. This was my most anticipated juice from the order, and it doesn't disappoint. If you like BB, get breeze. 5/5

Part 2
All juices 18mg/ml, 50/50

Melon Boba
2.5 resistence, Protank 2

This is a smooth, delicious melon blend. Right off the bat, I fell in love with MB. When I shared it with non-vaping coworkers, the general consensus was that its flavor profile was akin to a watermelon jolly rancher. I agree with this description to an extent, but the flavor is a bit more complex than just "jolly rancher".

To be fair, I hate real melon, aside from watermelon. This, however... has changed my opinion. I'm getting hints of cantaloupe and honeydew, two melons I've despised my whole life (shoot me, my mom force-fed me the stuff and I've been put off ever since).

Starting off at 4.2, the flavors are mild, but pleasant. At 4.5, the honeydew taste shines through, but mutes out the other flavors of the blend. Hovering at 4.8, cantaloupe is the dominant flavor. I'm sticking at 4.2, where it has a good flavor balance. The higher I crank it, the less pronounced the watermelon-y goodness dissapears.

his is not an overly sweet juice, but it's extremely flavorful. I highly enjoy this juice, and just ordered 50ml. The S.O. isn't too keen on this one, the watermelon is offputting to him. I love it.

Rating: 5/5

Sour Burma

This juice immediately reminds me of Highdesertvapes lemonade (side note, try their lemonade. It's good and cheap). They're not identical, but similar in flavor profile. This juice came a little cloudy, but that's irrelevant to me. Just a side note.

VERY strong citrus flavor. It's almost like biting into a lemon, minus the bitter citrus bite. Reminiscent of the lemonade I make; high quantity of lemon juice, water, and a hint of sugar to balance out the bite. The more I vape it, the more I can pinpoint it... almost like a lemon hard candy. Mildly tart, subtle sweet on exhale. Limoncello-esque, if you would. On a 2.2, the optimal voltage is approximately 4.2. Between 4.4-4.5, it begins to become a bit harsher and the citrus flavor takes on a harsher, less sweet tone.

This is a pleasant vape. It didn't knock my socks off, but the S.O. is puffin it obsessively.

Rating: 4/5

Blue Swag
2.2 Resistance, Protank 2

Shameless as it is, anything with "swag" in it piques my attention... we've been looking for a satisfying blueberry vape, and this is the closest we've gotten to that.

I feel that this stays closer to a true blueberry flavor than other juices I've sampled. I disagree with GLV's description of "tangy"... I find it to be more refreshing and smooth. Not quite as tart as the fruit, slightly sweeter. Closer to a blueberry compote, minus the sugar overload. Getting hints of honey, or maple in it. It's very pleasant. At 4.2, the flavors blend quite nicely. At 4.4, the blueberry takes the backburner, and the honey/syrupy flavors come through more. Oddly enough, at 4.6, the blueberry returns, with a more realistic blueberry taste. Depending on what you're looking for, I'd suggest anywhere between 4.3 and 4.6.

Rating: 4/5

Magic Fairy
2.5 Resistance, Protank 2

Green! It's... green. What else would you expect from an absynthe juice? This one was bought on a whim, hoping for the best. I'm not huge on absynthe (drank way too much of it in the past, and anise usually deters me, but I figured we'd give it a shot.

Unfortunately, I'm not big on this juice. It's just personal preference at this point.

To be fair, the flavor is spot on absynthe. Around 4.5, the juice is mildly sweet. At 4.8, the sweetness is diminished greatly, and tastes even closer to absynth. If you're into these flavors, I highly recommend it. It's a good juice, my personal preferences just don't agree with it. Maybe it'll grow on me.

Rating: 3/5

Up on deck for GLV: The Keys, Freak Show, Deadly Sin, Black Blue & Bloody! Super excited for these.

As per usual, I'm open to any questions or discussions!

Edit: Formatting, spelling

Last edited:

tatterz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
dfw, tx
El Kamino, Deadly Sin and Melon Boba have been the 3 juices in my rotation for months!

Shockwave is a bit 'meh'.
Baja Breeze has a weird taste to it..doesn't taste like the drink to me. On the first couple of drags, I was impressed but it has like a weird..idk..musty-like taste? maybe a bit of menthol would be better.
Zombie Blood is good but not oh-my-god good, probably won't reorder.
Magic Fairy, maybe I need to give it more time to grow on me but I'm not fond of anise.

pwnguin

Aug 21, 2013
Olathe, KS, USA
Weird... ZB is quite juicy for me. I'm not huge on shockwave, but it's enjoyable and definitely worth repurchase. I'm not getting musk off BB, it's close to the drink IMO but not spot on... I'll try a small one with menthol some time. And yeah, the fairy was too anise-y, but then again I bought it on a gamble. Too many bad experiences with Lucid absynthe :p

Part 3 is comin up soon!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread