Where Can I Get A......? Good Menthol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spaceoperaman

Dec 29, 2009
Bronx, NY
Hi everybody! I just got my grandmother a Modern Vapor Sidesho to see if it can help her cut down on her 40 year habit. It's going great so far, but I've been having trouble finding a good tobacco/menthol mix for her. The best so far has been Tasty Vapor, but she wants a menthol with more, well, menthol. She misses the cool menthol-ness of her analogs. Even on my 510 most menthols are pretty mild. Anybody have any thoughts on a good, strong menthol flavor?

WhatAClumsyGirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2009
Mtns of Tennessee
Hi everybody! I just got my grandmother a Modern Vapor Sidesho to see if it can help her cut down on her 40 year habit. It's going great so far, but I've been having trouble finding a good tobacco/menthol mix for her. The best so far has been Tasty Vapor, but she wants a menthol with more, well, menthol. She misses the cool menthol-ness of her analogs. Even on my 510 most menthols are pretty mild. Anybody have any thoughts on a good, strong menthol flavor?

My son had this same problem. We ordered some menthol crystals from a vendor here...i think diyflavorshack has them or juicyliquid or you can get them really inexpensive on ebay.

They are just crystals. You crush them ( i use a little rolling pin ) and mix them with any unflavored or menthol flavored nic juice. It takes just a tiny pinch of them to really put a kick of menthol into your liquid. A little big goes a very long way.

Hope this helps !

Check out the suppliers list...a lot of them probably have the menthol crystals.

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
Space...You may want to try the new essence e-liquid from E-Liquid Planet....There is a menthol/tobacco mix(NPT?)that is supposed to be far better tasting than other e-liquids on the present market.I have not tried this myself....but the reviews have been fantastic.A bit on the high side $ wise....but may be worth a try(getting some myself when funds are less tight)Good Luck!!:)The Wiz!

Liquidxpress.com's Cool Rush :cool: is the best menthol I've used, yet. I tried the Totally Wicked but it wasn't nearly strong enough for my taste (more tobacco than menthol), but ever since I saw a rec here for Cool Rush, I've been buying two big bottles of it every month and a half like clockwork. It's been my daily vape for months, now - love it, love it, love it! :thumbs:

highping

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Columbus, OH
Try menthol drops from Juicy Liquid.... 1 drop per ml of juice

Menthol Drops [Mnth_DR_8mL] - $4.00 : JuicyLiquid.com, DIY E-Liquid and Accessories!

I use them in everything

+1 to that :)
1 drop per ml will turn any flavor juice into a menthol.

Also... for what it's worth...Vermont Vapor's 'cool raspberry' 35mg is my go to allday/everyday vape. In fact, I like it so much I'm going to request a price on a 250ml bottle of it. (I just ordered the last 30ml bottle:p) They have $3 sample bottles though.

BTW: you are going to find that most 'menthols' are just 'mint' not 'menthol', so you really have to shop around and get samples.

Last edited:

nevergonnaleavetn

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2009
Do you really use that much? That would be 30 drops in a 30ml bottle, which I personally, would find overwhelming. That stuff is unbelievably strong.

Yep, 1 drop per ml. I use low nic juice (6mg) because of high blood pressure.
The menthol gives me decent throat hit and doesn't raise my BP :)

tmbrown327

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
RI
Yep, 1 drop per ml. I use low nic juice (6mg) because of high blood pressure.
The menthol gives me decent throat hit and doesn't raise my BP :)

Same here with the BP, but I'm on meds that keep it fairly low, so I use higher nic. I tried mixing my own for a while using the drops, it worked fairly well, came out like most of the Chinese menthol mixtures, which means that it was almost entirely menthol, no tobacco taste at all. After a while (couple months), this became medicinal tasting, and I haven't been able to vape a standard menthol since then without pretty much gagging. IMO, menthol needs to be used on top of another flavor (I prefer the tobacco flavors), and with a very light touch. Nhaler and Halo seem to have found the right combinations for this as far as I'm concerned.

bladeangel87

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2009
I usually smoked Camel Crush's/newports when I smoked regular cigarettes. But if you wanted to experiment, so far my favorite menthol mix now is one I got from Tasty Vapor. I got a lemon-lime menthol mix, and added some of my own menthol crystals to it. It was not quite as strong of menthol as I would have liked without the crystals, but adding a few crystals made it perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread