Good morning, y'all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plantsmantx

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2018
I'm still pretty new to this vaping thing, having started out with a Blu Pro about 3 months ago. It didn't lessen my craving for cigarettes in the least, so after watching a lot of YouTube videos and perusing some forums like this one, I got a joyetech EGO AIO ECO and a couple of bottles of nicotine salt e-liquid. I've been using it for about 3 1/2 weeks, and amazingly enough (and it is amazing to me), after decades of pack-a-day smoking, I'm down to no more than 5 cigarettes a day, and there have been a few days when I haven't smoked a cigarette at all. Amazing.

At this point, I guess I'm in the phase where I'm telling myself I'm only interested in this vaping stuff to save money and eventually stop smoking, and still trying to deny that I find the gadgetry appealing. That's probably pretty common, huh?

Plantsmantx

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2018
welcome to forum and congrats on switch, now yeah vaping can be costly or inexpensive. beauty is price ranges for all budgets so best place to start is what dp you lile or what ha ve you seen that interests ya
Thank you. At this point, for the most part, I don't know what I like.

• Agree
Reactions: Letitia

Br0k3nW1ngz

Apr 8, 2018
Canada
hmm well as that really gives a anything can be suggested so i recc some.of vape products i use or used in past as ik about what i use, ill star a quick ask to try and direct a mod style. most are either regulated or unregulated (mech mod), the difference are straight forward in general: regulated devices have the battery or batteries connect internally to a regulator that displays info a d fucntio d 9n a screen with a couple buttons on it , like a up dow and fire, regulated mods are packed with safety features to help vapers out incase of unforseen events. a mech mod usually a single or multiple batteries in either a series circuit or parallel circuit, now i use single battery mechs so i dint remeber witch of the cicuit styles do wich but 1 increases amps the other is capacity so the Mahs on batteries get biist but ill let another member explain better so 8ll start there after we can go over.atomizer options

Plantsmantx

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2018
hmm well as that really gives a anything can be suggested so i recc some.of vape products i use or used in past as ik about what i use, ill star a quick ask to try and direct a mod style. most are either regulated or unregulated (mech mod), the difference are straight forward in general: regulated devices have the battery or batteries connect internally to a regulator that displays info a d fucntio d 9n a screen with a couple buttons on it , like a up dow and fire, regulated mods are packed with safety features to help vapers out incase of unforseen events. a mech mod usually a single or multiple batteries in either a series circuit or parallel circuit, now i use single battery mechs so i dint remeber witch of the cicuit styles do wich but 1 increases amps the other is capacity so the Mahs on batteries get biist but ill let another member explain better so 8ll start there after we can go over.atomizer options
So, a regulated mod is one that can be adjusted?

Br0k3nW1ngz

Apr 8, 2018
Canada
yes i usually reccomend regulated on 1st mod as on mech mods u can chamge wattage but its done differently ill explain morw detailed if you want to know more but it has to do with coil and u have to be fully capable of use amd understanding of ohms law so id say regulated is.what your gonna l8ke

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Welcome to ECF.
Stick with regulated devices now and put the advanced gear on a back burner for a while . When funds allow get backup gear so you aren't stuck without a vape if something untoward happens.

Plantsmantx

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2018
yes i usually reccomend regulated on 1st mod as on mech mods u can chamge wattage but its done differently ill explain morw detailed if you want to know more but it has to do with coil and u have to be fully capable of use amd understanding of ohms law so id say regulated is.what your gonna l8ke
... then regulated it is:).

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
Congratulations! I was in the same shoes you are in. Cigarette free for 2 1/2 yrs now. Tip for you, since you seems to be enjoying the device you are using go a head and buy a 2nd to have a back up, that way your not without. Glad you joined and good luck.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Yes. This is the obvious choice for a beginner. You have the ability to adjust your vapor on the fly. You wouldn't want a food processor or a car that only has one speed, same with a regulated mod. A regulated mod generally has "protection circuitry" which should help keep you out of trouble, like shorting out your battey. A mechanical mod won't have either of the above.

Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder
Good Starter Setups for a Beginner Vaper

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Welcome to ECF. There is tons to learn about vaping, and it can be as inexpensive (or expensive) as you make it. Given your starting gear you have nowhere to go but up (although, congrats on greatly reducing your cigarette use with it).

The next step would be a regulated mod and tank with more ability to customize your vape in a lot of ways. You have the option of something more powerful than the Blu, that still will probably provide more vaping options that mimics the draw of a cigarette (Mouth to lung vaping) or something with far more vapor (Direct lung vaping) that is lower nic, and like inhaling through a straw, can make some rather large clouds. But a regulated mod would be the next logical step, not a mech mod (those are typically considered more advanced, and they can be dangerous without a LOT of knowledge although if you want to vape one, you can learn how at ECF, I just wouldn't suggest it for setup number two).

Best of luck, welcome, and if you want suggestions for mods I might talk a bit about what you like (and dislike) about your current setup. Regulated mods and tanks are typically a bit less expensive than pod or cigalikes and typically will be more robust (especially the right setup). Etc.

Welcome to ECF and congrats on moving away from cigarettes!

Anna

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Welcome aboard :)

I find my vaping obsession is still 'just' cheaper than smoking ;) I think its natural when you find something new to want to try out different things and play.

I started on a pen device similar to yours, then upgraded a month later to an innokin endura t22 for the 4ml tank and 2000mah battery.

A month after that I was ready to try use an external battery regulated mod, so I could charge individual batteries instead of the mod itself. Got a pico 75w and happily using that with the t22 tank.

There are a ton of options out there, I read through pages of reviews on anything that interested me and went from there.

Good luck

Plantsmantx

ECF Veteran
    Mar 10, 2018
    Welcome aboard :)
    [...]

Good luck
    Thanks, AngeNZ. I think I'd like vaping to be more than just less expensive than smoking. At this point, I don't plan on acquiring an extensive collection, but...famous last words, right?:lol:

Does "external battery" mean a removable battery?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread