Good place to buy silica wick and kanthal

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloudZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
What thickness wick would you recommend?
I believe the stock wick hole is around 2.5mm, so if you want to use silica, that might be a good size to try. Most people roll mesh though. Here is a google doc I found that has some mesh dimensions listed. The idea is that you would cut a piece this size then roll it, and it should be pretty close to fitting perfect:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Atm-i6EmP-hudG9XQ3ZHNXBNUndUaFFzZU1SdXhDeEE#gid=0
The sizes seem to vary a bit, so I'm not sure if this is extremely useful or not, but it can probably get you in the ballpark.

0.7 or 0.8
Not sure you read the question right.

Last edited:

CloudZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
You can find smaller quantities on ebay if you just want to try out a few different gauges. Otherwise, you can spend a few dollars more and get a huge amount from Temco. Even like 10 feet should last a few months at least, so the daily cost is pennies no matter what you do. Just make sure it is Kanthal A1, widely regarded as the best wire.

LKnives

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2012
Madison, WI
www.twitch.tv
So I am gonna have to dig around for some 2.5mm silica tomorrow but I am starting to get excited about this RBA thing. Unfortunate bit is the waiting game I get to play since I can't put down my order for my mech @Fasttech until 2nd paycheck of next month so I will be waiting a bit to get that part.

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
rounding third and heading home...
temco is the place for wire. I may be wrong, but it seems their own site is cheaper than the price they have on e-bay. 100 ft. for $5.53 and free shipping, best deal in the vaping universe. juiceray has some nice prices on ekowool wick which is the best wick imo. neither place has ever been out of stock when I have ordered.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread