Good USB Adapter for Passthru!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sl2222

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2009
NC-USA
Didn't know where to post this and since I'm a newbie I can only do it in this section so here it is. :)

I have a Vaper King passthru and I don't sit near my computer. I have an "Active" usb extensions from the computer to where I sit (about 15 ft). I figured I'd be getting the full voltage etc but I don't. It's not enough power to fire up the atomizer unless i plug it in the back of the computer. :(

Sooo...I got a Rosewill RUC-6180 USB travel charger. It has 4 usb ports and if you only have 1 thing plugged into it u get 5V at 2000mA. 2 Things plugged in get u 5V at 1000mA etc.
Anyway it works GREAT and better yet the computer doesn't even have to be on! I can plug in anywhere and vape!!

Just thought I'd pass this on.

sl2222

sl2222

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2009
NC-USA
any links to this model were you purchaced it thanks lawnman3

Newegg has the international model RC-6181 (it also has the usa plug with it) for $14.99 w/free shipping right now...

I think I'll order another one!

I can't post links yet so go there and put Rosewill rc-6181 in the search box.

sl2222

sl2222

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2009
NC-USA
apparently i can't edit posts yet either. :(
Why not? It's my msg!

anyway put this in the search box instead...

'Rosewill usb travel'

in the search box at Newegg instead. It will be easier to find. Only 2 items come up then.

Newegg has the international model RC-6181 (it also has the usa plug with it) for $14.99 w/free shipping right now...
I think I'll order another one!

I can't post links yet so go there and put Rosewill rc-6181 in the search box.

sl2222

sl2222

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2009
NC-USA
Does the Vapor King pt not have a battery inline with it? That's how most pass-throughs sustain the current needed by the atty.

I'm too much of a newbie to even know. I just know it only works when plugged DIRECTLY into a computer port with no extension cable OR via the charger/adapter i mentioned.

It won't work at all with those 1000mA usb wall chargers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread