Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapian

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2011
Lexington, KY
Goodejuice recently offered some free nicquids for review, and who can turn that down? I'm rather new to the reviewing game but I assure you that this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.

I received samples of two nicquids called "Patriot" and "Organic Blend". Both are 50/50 PG/VG blends at 12mg. Both were tested in Bloog and Smokeless Image 808-style cartomizers on Bloog/SI batteries and with the same cartomizers and an adapter on a PureSmoker Icon 1.1. Obviously tastes are very subjective so your experience could well differ from mine.

Let's get started, shall we?

Patriot - 12mg, 50/50 PG/VG

The name "Patriot" for some reason made me think this was going to be a cigarette-like vape. I could not have been more wrong.

Patriot has a good, complex kind of sweet, robust tobacco taste that reminds me a lot of curing tobacco leaf. While it doesn't have any "burning tobacco" taste it does have what I'll call a "hot tobacco" taste that's just the slightest bit earthy -- it reminds me a lot of the smell of a full tobacco barn on a hot late-summer/early-autumn day. After vaping it a while it began to remind me a bit of the taste I recall when holding an unlit, sweet cigar in my mouth but fresher and not quite as sweet. Actually, I'll be honest -- it reminds me a bit of the smell of good, fresh leaf chewing tobacco. It's not at all harsh, very smooth with very mild, ever-so-slightly nutty/spicy aftertaste when vaped a little hotter. It has a good mouth "feel" and fills the mouth with warm, sweet tobacco flavor with a sort of edgy roundness that I like.

Organic Blend - 12mg, 50/50 PG/VG

I anticipated that Organic Blend would leave me wanting as most things "organic" tend to, and I was right... but not quite the way I expected.

Organic Blend has mildly sweet, mild tobacco taste with a good mouth fill and feel. I found it a little "silkier" than Patriot, a bit less bold, not quite as complex a tobacco taste. It doesn't so much remind me of anything as hint at what it could be. Early on, while it tasted good I kept wondering how I might somehow coax just a bit "more" out of it. Vaped with a manual battery or at the slightly higher voltage of a fresh battery in the PS Icon 1.1, some additional undernotes came out that helped fill it out more and gave it just little more personality. It also gained an interesting mild lingering taste in the back of the throat that I still can't quite pin down. The overall effect of Organic Blend is kind of like mixing a touch of almond extract in lemonade; I kept expecting an "edge" or "bite" but it's just not there.

Continuing to vape Organic Blend I came to the conclusion that for me this nicquid isn't so much a destination as a journey; the more I vape it the more some aspects of the flavor become defined while others I though I had down hide in the background again. I can see how some would like this hide-and-seek... but I prefer a nicquid that announces itself with a bit more authority.

Both Patriot and Organic Blend easily produce a satisfying amount of vapor but I find them a bit light on throat hit, likely due to the combination of 50/50 blend and 12mg nicotine.

Summary:

I've tried several tobacco flavors including some much-vaunted, highly-reviewed nicquids and had found only one that that really reminded me of tobacco, and kind of a cigarette-like tobacco at that.

If it wasn't clear earlier, both Patriot and Organic Blend had me waxing nostalgic. Not for my smoking days but for younger days when I actually used to hang around tobacco barns and such from time to time -- which is weird because I'm not really the nostalgic type. The tobacco aroma and taste in these nicquids somehow rings that bell for me, which I believe speaks to the authenticity of the extracted flavors.

Of the two, I definitely prefer Patriot for its bolder, more pronounced tobacco flavor and nicely complex sweetness. It does not seem to be trying to match or even come close to any cigarette I've ever had, coming closer to a sweet cigar. It definitely puts itself and Goodejuice on on my short list for my next nicquid orders (after clearing out some of my current nicquid stash!).

Organic blend would not be a go-to for me due to what I can only summarize as a kind of... vagueness, at least as compared to Patriot. That's not to say it's a bad flavor, but this mild tobacco nicquid is not as strong or pronounced as I would prefer. I would venture to say that if one were to find Patriot a bit too bold or the wrong kind of sweet for their taste, Organic Blend would probably be a good option to try.

Exhalesior!

contournc

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2009
North Carolina
Vapian, thanks much for the detailed reviews! Are these juices dark/cloudy since they are extracted tobacco flavoring. I am always concerned with naturally extracted macerations because like you I use KR808 cartos (and now the Echo also) and some can KILL cartos. Love Backwoods Brew stuff like Maxboro, Virginia, Casablanca, Appllewood, etc. Are these clear like those juices? Don't like Hunters Blend though, too earth/grassy for my taste.

Vapian

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2011
Lexington, KY
Nice review, thanks!

How long have you been vaping these liquids? How did they behave in the cartos on your Bloog/Volt batteries as far a performance vs longevity of the carto?

The samples I received were only about 5 or 6ml, so I only got a couple of days in with them. During testing I used two new cartos and both did fine.

As I vaped out the last of it, the carto filled with Patriot developed kind of a hard draw. I have not yet taken the carto apart to see if it was gunk or a production issue... but I'd be surprised if it was gunked after only 5 or 6ml, and for some reason I seem to experience a slightly higher Bloog/SI carto failure rate than other folks (probably near 5%).

The carto that had Organic Blend it is still going strong with other nicquids.

Vapian

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2011
Lexington, KY
Are these juices dark/cloudy since they are extracted tobacco flavoring. I am always concerned with naturally extracted macerations because like you I use KR808 cartos (and now the Echo also) and some can KILL cartos. Love Backwoods Brew stuff like Maxboro, Virginia, Casablanca, Appllewood, etc. Are these clear like those juices? Don't like Hunters Blend though, too earth/grassy for my taste.

Patriot was sort of amber; Organic Blend was a darker brown, but you could still see through the bottle with a little light. Due to the 50/50 PG/VG both were a little thicker than most of my nicquids and did take a little longer to soak into the fill material.

I've never tried the BB nicquids but I have a friend who really likes them. Might have to give them a try one of these days. As it is, I'm looking forward to getting more of the Patriot after thinning out my nicquid supply a bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread