GoodNews!

Status
Not open for further replies.

catalinaflyer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
FL 510 (Over The Top Baby)
Actually, the correct use of y'all in that situation would be "All Y'all". Y'all by itself is actually singular in nature.

Well darn, I can't even get an "All Y'all" right and I thought I could vape.

(Duly scolded and going to sit in the corner with the cone of shame on my head)

GoodNews!

Moved On
Oct 25, 2013
Vaping, USA
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: Cleaning up

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
  • Deleted by sonicdsl

catalinaflyer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
And yeah, my rda is the simple kind... I'm now sort of worried about shorts, could they cause anything dangerous? I was actually off thinking that the Twists and stuff have short protection.

I personally wouldn't trust a Twist for short protection. I'm not sure if they do but I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that they do because of the electronics involved in making them variable.

As to a short causing something dangerous - ABSOLUTELY, on an unregulated device without at least a protected cell a short can turn the battery into a roman candle.

egofiremed_zps60425ee4.jpg

Picture borrowed from another ECF member.

Last edited:

FearTX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Outside of Austin, The Republic of Texas
The twists I have seen claim to have short protection. I have never tested it. But as far as electricity is concerned with your twist...

Essentially your voltage is your voltage. Any other complex issues you could be having would have to do with the resistance of your atomizer. In these simple pieces of electronics the basic formulas in Ohm's and Watt's laws really are laws and really are basic. A complex issue that could be caused by your twist is over current, you will not see that unless you screw the pooch and build sub-ohm and the twist fails to have short protection, it should kick in around 1.1 ohms for it. And even it is a basic ohm's law calculation.

Not to discredit your mystery PM electronics guru friend. I have no degree in Electricity, just a few licensees and accreditations and some "vendor certifications" not in the vape industry. More along the line of Allan Bradly and Omron. I do not think they have gotten into e-cigarette technology yet.

Last edited:

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Mayonnaise, "Mayonnaise lot's of people in here!" "You'uns can come in here un join us if'n you unto!" I'm from KS, ya'll ain't gots nutten on me!

No, Good news, the EGO's don't offer any real short circuit protection and if they get down below 1.7 ohms they go "Poof" and all the magic black smoke comes out that makes them work! It's bad ju ju I tell ya!
EGO's are meant for the simplistic style, cartomizers and clearo's, simple and easy, which is why they are so strongly recommended for newbies. They want something they can grab and go without having to fuss with them.
When you get into the rebuildable realm you really need to step up to one of the VV/VW mods or get into mechanical's. But I'd advise you to steer clear of the mechanical's for now.

Anthal69

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2013
Albany, Oregon
The twists I have seen claim to have short protection. I have never tested it. But as far as electricity is concerned with your twist...

Essentially your voltage is your voltage. Any other complex issues you could be having would have to do with the resistance of your atomizer. In these simple pieces of electronics the basic formulas in Ohm's and Watt's laws really are laws and really are basic. A complex issue that could be caused by your twist is over current. And even it is a basic ohm's law calculation.

Not to discredit your mystery PM electronics guru friend. I have no degree in Electricity, just a few licensees and accreditations and some "vendor certifications" not in the vape industry. More along the line of Allan Bradly and Omron. I do not think they have gotten into e-cigarette technology yet.
Nothing beats real world experience. My wife dropped her eGo twist in the bathtub and hit the fire button as she grabbed it out(according to her). The device was ruined, but she didn't die. Lucky me.....

Share the cloud!!

GoodNews!

Moved On
Oct 25, 2013
Vaping, USA
  • Deleted by sonicdsl

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
We shoot Roman candle at each other all the time out here in BFE. Ain't no harm in it.

Share the cloud!!

One 4th of July a neighbor and I had scored some bottle rockets, but at the end of the evening we were too drunk to stand, light and shoot them. So we sat in our lawn chairs and shot them at each other instead! He went home and complained to his wife, "Man!! My toe really hurts for some reason!" She ended up pulling out a two inch chunk of bottle rocket stem out of his big toe!!!
AHHHHH, youth is wasted on the young!

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
the ego does have basic limit protection but should not be driven hard or shorted too much, it isnt a strong switch and can only handle a small amount of abuse before it gives out and fries the board.

this is why it is important to understand basic electric, ohms law, and properly test your coils before putting them on the mod.

Last edited:

minimalsaint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Michigan
One 4th of July a neighbor and I had scored some bottle rockets, but at the end of the evening we were too drunk to stand, light and shoot them. So we sat in our lawn chairs and shot them at each other instead! He went home and complained to his wife, "Man!! My toe really hurts for some reason!" She ended up pulling out a two inch chunk of bottle rocket stem out of his big toe!!!

I don't care what anyone says. There is nothing like a good old-fashioned bottle rocket fight. Throw in a whistler every once in awhile for good measure and it's nothing but good times!

FearTX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Outside of Austin, The Republic of Texas
I moved my glass of water to the other side of the desk before starting to read this thread. Soon as I saw the title. At any rate, it devolved into something useful. Which is good actually, kinda the whole point. I still had a good laugh and a good time along the way.

Thanks Gents! Time to go to bed.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
the ego does have basic limit protection but should not be driven hard or shorted too much, it isnt a strong switch and can only handle a small amount of abuse before it gives out and fries the board.

"Fries the board", this is the same as "let's all the magic black smoke out", just mine sounds cooler:toast:

minimalsaint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Michigan

Any eGo I've ever tried to fire an RBA on just blinked. I have even tried to destroy them for scientific purposes but they seem pretty hard to kill.

catalinaflyer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
  • Deleted by sonicdsl

GoodNews!

Moved On
Oct 25, 2013
Vaping, USA
Well, just to ask, really what type of battery (any specifics on the cheaper side) would really ensure safety if I do happen to chance that coil hitting the metal after adjusting the coil for the airflow?

Looks like I got bigger fish to fry after all.

... Lol.

I've been eying the iTaste or MVP, but I'm not totally sure what'd seem to be in them that'd protect anything any better.

Last edited:

catalinaflyer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
Well when your ready to "score" some more PM me, I have about 200 gross left over from this past 4th. We started with 400 but I wound up at the downtown motel somewhere around 200.

catalinaflyer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
Well, just to ask, really what type of battery (any specifics on the cheaper side) would really ensure that if I do happen to chance that coil hitting the metal after adjusting the coil for the airflow? I mean, I think I would be careful with that sort of thing, but eyesight can have some really weird perceptions, it'd be hard to know for sure if indeed I had to get that coil very close to the air-hole.

Looks like I got bigger fish to fry after all.

... Lol.

A Smok SID, inexpensive and pretty darn decent mod but requires separate 18650 battery and charger. An Itaste VV V.3 is more Ego sized, built in battery, digital readout, built in resistance meter and can charge from a USB port. An Itaste MVP, also VV/VW, digital readout, built in battery (with a lot more capacity) and can also charge from a USB port.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
What are some of the things that can cause shorts on these RDA's?
Edit..

4 years. Dude just pick up a decent mod and do some reading. It's all here.
Edit.
At the minimum get one of those Inok mvps or vv3 ; with the 800 MHz signal, your gonna Tate the 33mhz pulse probably.. or better yet a mech for 20.00, with a 7 amp Fuse board, no more worries, straight voltage. If you can Handle it .. But it looks like a reo is in your future for what your looking for.

Last edited:

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Well when your ready to "score" some more PM me, I have about 200 gross left over from this past 4th. We started with 400 but I wound up at the downtown motel somewhere around 200.

OHHHH, me no likey that place!!! Not sure I could get away with that anymore, we went from 2 cops to 14 since then!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread