Status
Not open for further replies.

dc2k08

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2008
.ie
www.e-cignews.com
i like the way any application you are using runs in its own stand alone environment not causing other open tabs to slow down if it gets burdened. and yeah speed is king. very clean design naturally from google and its open source so we can expect a great number of add-ons. it seems they learnt a great deal from mozilla and indeed one of the lead engineers on chrome was from firefox.

sort of feel sorry for firefox in a way, they earn most of their revenue from google and from looking at the figures, chrome took a chunk of firefox users. IE is still hovering around the 70% market share. but hopefully more of their users will be persuaded to use chrome as it gets more coverage. i think it was always going to be firefox users who would adopt/test chrome first anyway. i'll still switch between them all though.

check out ctrl F for a nifty inline search. and about:internets if your using xp for an easter egg. Ctrl+Shift+T for opening a recently closed tab..i know i'll be using that alot, frickin butter fingers. but yeah, why no google toolbar?

Last edited:

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
Doesn't chrome have the usual google-habit of recording any 'facts' about you that it can find? Do all sites you visit get recorded somewhere in googles virtual cupboards for instance? I hate having my privacy being invaded... and google is really good at doing that. At least on all it's other software. Is this browser any different then?

(Or in other words: what does the tiny print say; and what isn't even printed but still happening?)

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Wow. You know this browser already! I tried getting it to display Java animation of hurricanes from the National Hurricane Center -- and it said I didn't have the plug-in. I followed the instructions on what to do. Still nothing. So it has gone to the back of my list, behind Mozilla and IE.

These are computers! They should offer yes-no check boxes and then do the work themselves. Don't ask users to do anything beyond checking a box. My first Google browser rant.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Off topic, but the above brought back memories. I started with the Commodore 64, wrote several programs in BASIC that sold around the state and even some nationally, then bought an SX64 (the "transportable" model that I still have and took on vacation to write a novel).

Back then, we could have an Atari 400, Radio Shack Trash 80, C64, Timex Sinclair or the IBM PC Jr. 300-baud modems that sometimes worked. Add-on speech programs. Even a Movie Maker to use on the C64. Doodle. Koala Pad. EasyScript without word wrap! Then free SpeedScript with word wrap.

We've come how far, baby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread