Google Search Questions Lead to this Forum....BUT..

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Google Search Question Lead me to this Forum..... Since you can't read the answer unless you "register" as a member, I went through all of that and finally got to the page I needed...... Only to find a bunch of people "bragging" about not smoking anymore or others "cheering" them on. I am interested in starting the process of quitting, after smoking for 40 years. However, here is yet another website that wants to just collect everyone's personal information and then doesn't deliver on the information they "claim to possess". Thanks............................................. :(

Deacon Aegis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2013
Marietta, GA
www.aegissteamcraft.com
Perhaps if you give things more of a read around here, you'll find that there is a whole lot more going on here than folks patting themselves on the back. If you look at the menu across the top, you will find a link called Infozone ECF InfoZone - The is the E-cigarette Forum Information Zone, for all your ecig needs that has a ton of information in it. Also, a lot of vapers' tend to regard things as an alternative to smoking and don't try pushing the whole "Smoking Cessation" thing on people, though many folks do manage to reduce their nicotine intake eventually. Also, by launching into blasting the entire community with an intro that is almost purposefully trollish, you demonstrate a lack of awareness of the staggering amount of info available to someone who is truly interested in an alternative to smoking. Just my two cents worth...................... ;)

Papacrane

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2013
Western NY
Perhaps if you give things more of a read around here, you'll find that there is a whole lot more going on here than folks patting themselves on the back. If you look at the menu across the top, you will find a link called Infozone ECF InfoZone - The is the E-cigarette Forum Information Zone, for all your ecig needs that has a ton of information in it. Also, a lot of vapers' tend to regard things as an alternative to smoking and don't try pushing the whole "Smoking Cessation" thing on people, though many folks do manage to reduce their nicotine intake eventually. Also, by launching into blasting the entire community with an intro that is almost purposefully trollish, you demonstrate a lack of awareness of the staggering amount of info available to someone who is truly interested in an alternative to smoking. Just my two cents worth...................... ;)

:toast: Well said!

Sheila Michele 1971

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
My Google Search Question Lead me to this Forum..... Since you can't read the answer unless you "register" as a member, I went through all of that and finally got to the page I needed...... Only to find a bunch of people "bragging" about not smoking anymore or others "cheering" them on. I am interested in starting the process of quitting, after smoking for 40 years. However, here is yet another website that wants to just collect everyone's personal information and then doesn't deliver on the information they "claim to possess". Thanks............................................. :(

I lurked for months here before actually registering and was able to read almost the entire forum.

And as a former smoker, I am PROUD that I am finally not wanting to smoke. While the industry might not call vaping a miracle, I certainly consider it one....and I think quitting the habit IS something to brag about, especially after many unsuccessful endeavors. And I certainly cheered others on when they quit smoking, no matter how they did it.

DuckysBooBoo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2012
Middle Tennessee

YES Well Said - After smoking for over 40 years, nothing helped....... With ecigs I have been stinky free for over 3 years!!!!:D

bananas

Apr 1, 2013
Michigan, USA
I'm confused. I read here for several days without joining. There is so much helpful info here. I second kl5167's comments - ask questions and get answers! The people here are awesome.

I would recommend doing some reading the the subforum called "New Members Information." This may give you enough basic info to get started with:

New Members Information

But really, while this e-cig world can be overwhelming, you are in the best place for info. Everyone has different tastes, budgets, goals, etc, and they talk about it here. People will help you get started if you give it a chance.

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN

I read here for weeks before registering. you can read, but to post you must register. just to clarify
there are more answers here than you have time to read!
now, what do you want to know?

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah

OK ........... What information did you want?!?

Dana A

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Iowa
    Arielsue, I just wanted to welcome you to the forum:) You can quit using e cigs. Most of us just don't want to. You can start at a nicotine level that matches what you use now and drop it down as much or as little as you want as fast or as slow as you want. I have been dropping by 1 mg every 3 weeks or so for months and am now at 12 mg. I started at 26. I am working my way to 0 with very little panic or suffering. You can have e liquid so fine tuned to your needs that you can lower the nicotine level so slowly that your body will hardly notice. I hope this helps. Don't be afraid to ask questions here. We will be glad to help you out.

ClippinWings

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 12, 2011
    The OC
    I'm guessing this new member is either:

1. A troll

2. Someone that doesn't realize that with 125,000 members, if you post something, or ASK A QUESTION, you get a ton of responses, quickly. Many forums I've been to on the internet, take hours to get an answer.

------------------
    Sent using psychic mind control powers... and Tapatalk

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 3, 2013
    I was vapng for about 14 months before i found ECF. It has it's uses. It isn't useless. There's plenty of people here that don't ask for a congratulations for quitting. And plenty of people that don't congratulate anyone. I think this site enables people to exchange their vaping experiences with each other. You can read existing threads and learn a lot about every possible permutation of ecig / vaping devices and liquids. They're all in their own categories, a multitude of them. I don't think there is a better place to look for information about ecigs. I think 99% of the information is given by users for users. The ECF doesn't ask for peoples personal information and it doesn't collect it either.

I think that maybe you were looking for a site that provides basic public information, like wikipedia or something. This site is comprehensive about all aspects of ecigs.

I am just wondering now, what was your google question that brought you here ?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread