The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Goss Made a DNA 30 Reo

Discussion in 'Reos Mods' started by AaronY, Apr 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. AaronY

AaronY Reviewer / Blogger Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 26, 2011
    Santa Monica
    Goss a mod maker that I admire and have a product of, created a 30w Reo Grand.

It would have been better if he kept the bottom feeding part. However, he said some great things about how the reo is the most durable mod out of any mod ever created. I can agree with him on that. I have two Reos in my collection going to add a third soon and I think when Reos have subohm it will be the perfect mod.

2. Funk Dracula

Funk Dracula Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 7, 2013
    Earth
    FRIENDLY WARNING: do not hit play without turning your volume WAY down first.

While I think that's a nifty little mod, I still can't get over the D-Baggery of putting a fully clipped sine wave at the very beginning of the video. He just destroyed my ears for a good 15 minutes. :facepalm:

3. ltrainer

ltrainer Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 18, 2010
    upstate ny
  4. Big Hitter

Big Hitter Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 21, 2010
    Binghamton, NY
    What good is a REO if it doesn't have juice on board ........

Basically all he has done is ruin a REO.

5. Steamer861

Steamer861 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 13, 2014
    Canada
    What an Idiot! Why would you ruin a Reo? there are so many box's you can use to make a DNA 30 mod This is just plain Stupid
    Just IMO

6. ltrainer

Oct 18, 2010
    upstate ny
    Strap me in chair, put eye lid openers on me and make me watch this video for hours and I'll break. I'll confess to anything and everything. "Yes I did it. I bought a Provari. Yes, I dropped my Reo on concrete. I bought pyramid teabags in 2010. Stop, stop! I stole cookies out of the cookie jar. I put my battery in upside down. Just stop! WHAAAAA.

7. SLIPPY_EEL

SLIPPY_EEL Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 11, 2013
    Ω England Ω
    I cant be bothered to watch... but I did just buy myself another GTR SKYLINE and take the fuel tank out so it could go faster :blink:

8. muzichead

muzichead Resident Knucklehead Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 7, 2011
    Illinois
    If I wanted to vape @ 30w I would just strap a .4-.5Ω coil on my Cyclone, mount it on the grand, squonk it and vape!!!... I see no reason to do what he did, especially taking away the best function of the device.... I'm with Tim on this one, no good without juice on board....

9. JC Okie

JC Okie REOnaut Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 2, 2010
    Tulsa, OK
    Laurin, I'm sooooo with you on this. Ha. I don't have anything to say about the video or the idiocy involved......but I wanted to tell you I was cleaning out my pantry about a month ago and ran across my box of pyramid tea bags! LOL. Also, I was going through a drawer the other day and found a whole bag of blue foam from Pet Smart. Ah, the good ol' days!

10. ltrainer

Oct 18, 2010
    upstate ny
    LOL..I wonder if that tea was any good? I wonder if these kids today have any idea how good they have it. "When I was your age I used to walk 3 miles to the vape store. I made 60 cents an hour but I could buy 15 ml of nic juice for 15 cents. When times were rough we would dismantle toasters to get the wire to make our own coils. Ya'll have no clue how good ya got it. Now get the hell off my lawn."

11. JC Okie

JC Okie REOnaut Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 2, 2010
    Tulsa, OK
    :lol: Exactly. I don't think I drank any of the tea. It was Lipton, and the kind I got was Black Tea. I was into Green Tea at the time, so I don't think I ever tried it. If I did, it obviously wasn't awesome or memorable.

ADDIT: I remember we did all that (and more!) for better wicking, but also so that we could get 16 drops of juice (instead of 13) into an atty cartridge. Remember? That was even before many people started dripping. I would fill several cartridges and put the little silicon caps on them, put them in a Baggie, put the Baggie in a sunglasses case along with two or three 650 mAh eGo batteries that I had decorated with fingernail jewelry, and head out for the day.......very smug because I had graduate from the Joyetech 510 kit to the Big Time.

12. SavePaperVapor

SavePaperVapor Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 5, 2009
    Minnesota, USA
    Love my Duke but I find this pointless. In fact, I find the DNA 30 pointless simply because there are chips that can do way more for way less.

13. muzichead

muzichead Resident Knucklehead Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 7, 2011
    Illinois
    It didn't matter if I put 5, 13, or 16 drops in those carts....they still wound up flooding my atty at some point!!!! I could never get them to hold liquid up inside them at all!!

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, if you wrap the right coil and know you ohms law, properly, you don't even need a dna device... To me it is a waste of so much money all together. I would rather pick up a couple more grands for what one dna device costs right now....

14. minimalsaint

minimalsaint Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 4, 2012
    Michigan
    Canceling my order for a DNA 30 led me to my LP grand and I don't have a speck of remorse.

15. NickCA

NickCA Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 27, 2013
    United States
    Agreed regarding the DNA 30. I have a Ranger (an OKR-T10 mod) that can push out 50 watts. Got it for $140. I don't understand why the DNA 30 chip is so much more in comparison to an OKR.

That said, I don't know why everyone in this thread is freaking out over Goss turning a Grand into a non-BF DNA 30 mod. My Grand is far-and-away my favorite mod, but it's still just that - a mod. A great mod, mind you, but one that's widely available. There's nothing wrong with tinkering and experimenting. It's how Rob came up with the Reo in the first place.

16. MamaTried

MamaTried Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 31, 2013
    Northern California
    turbocad's modded DNA Grand and Woodvil are beautiful works of art that retain the bottom-feeding and character of the Reo.

this reminds me of modding a Ferrari to make it look and run like a Smart Car. i suppose it can be done, but why?

17. Mudflap

Mudflap Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 19, 2010
    Tyler, Texas
    Baby elephants CAN lay eggs. You just have to redefine the egg.

18. Bigflyrodder

Bigflyrodder Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 6, 2014
    Boston, MA
    In Goss' defense, he has a Reo Grand and loves it! He said he was going to mod a Reo and make it a DNA30 mod because "the form factor, design, and craftsmanship just begs for it". He also said that the cut outs are great and just perfect for a DNA30.

Don't think of it as Goss destroying a "Reo" but rather Goss paying tribute to the perfection of its form factor, materials, cractsmanship, etc.

19. SavePaperVapor

SavePaperVapor Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 5, 2009
    Minnesota, USA
    I have a Ranger coming. #81. Going to be a loooong wait.

20. MamaTried

MamaTried Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 31, 2013
    Northern California
    the man needs no defense. more power to him.

i just don't see the point simply because it's no longer a bottom-feeder. (which is sorta kinda the point of a Reo)

good for him. he made a video. yay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.