• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Got a customs declaration form in the mail for my e-juice from FT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkpoet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2011
South Korea
Nevermind how much the order cost you originally. Korean customs taxes go by the ml. The first 20ml are duty-free. After that... sorry, not sure. I think the old rate was 900 won per 1 ml. I heard the new rate is over 1100 won (so you're looking at around 100,000 won). The International Post Office should send you a text message with how much you owe and you can take that message to your local post office to pay up and then your order will be released to continue it's journey.

otakueric

Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
Nevermind how much the order cost you originally. Korean customs taxes go by the ml. The first 20ml are duty-free. After that... sorry, not sure. I think the old rate was 900 won per 1 ml. I heard the new rate is over 1100 won (so you're looking at around 100,000 won). The International Post Office should send you a text message with how much you owe and you can take that message to your local post office to pay up and then your order will be released to continue it's journey.

Thanks for your reply

I got a customs declaration form in the mail for e-juice. And a text message that the form will be delivered. I don't see a price on it.

What happens if I just ignore it? Do they just junk the ejuice?

darkpoet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2011
South Korea
Hm. I imagine you should fill out the form and the agent at the post office will calculate it for you. Really not sure of the rate but... yeah, not good, eh?

Good question. I believe if the return postage is covered (first class and express classes usually are), they return it and FT will give you a refund (maybe). But I am pretty sure with things like this, they destroy it. I think you've got 14-30 days.

I have no idea if there are consequences other than that. I doubt there is. It may be best to go talk to the post office anyway and if the price is too high, just tell them. I'd think this is a common occurrence, since the tax is damn high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread