The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Got a customs declaration form in the mail for my e-juice from FT.

Discussion in 'Korea Forum' started by otakueric, Sep 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. otakueric

otakueric Full Member Verified Member

Jun 12, 2009
    I ordered 100ml at 6mg 30ml at 6mg and 30ml at 3mg.

What kind of customs tax hit am I looking at? What options are available to me?

The entire order was about $20.

Thanks guys.

2. darkpoet

darkpoet Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 11, 2011
    South Korea
    Nevermind how much the order cost you originally. Korean customs taxes go by the ml. The first 20ml are duty-free. After that... sorry, not sure. I think the old rate was 900 won per 1 ml. I heard the new rate is over 1100 won (so you're looking at around 100,000 won). The International Post Office should send you a text message with how much you owe and you can take that message to your local post office to pay up and then your order will be released to continue it's journey.

3. otakueric

Jun 12, 2009
    Thanks for your reply

I got a customs declaration form in the mail for e-juice. And a text message that the form will be delivered. I don't see a price on it.

What happens if I just ignore it? Do they just junk the ejuice?

4. darkpoet

darkpoet Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 11, 2011
    South Korea
    Hm. I imagine you should fill out the form and the agent at the post office will calculate it for you. Really not sure of the rate but... yeah, not good, eh?

Good question. I believe if the return postage is covered (first class and express classes usually are), they return it and FT will give you a refund (maybe). But I am pretty sure with things like this, they destroy it. I think you've got 14-30 days.

I have no idea if there are consequences other than that. I doubt there is. It may be best to go talk to the post office anyway and if the price is too high, just tell them. I'd think this is a common occurrence, since the tax is damn high.

5. otakueric

Jun 12, 2009
    That's good advice. Thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.