Got a little scratch on my battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amielzzz

May 1, 2018
Hi injust bought this two batteries two days ago, its samsung 20a, and i noticed this scrath, the metal is a little bit exposed
Can i use it? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20180602_175145.jpg
    IMG_20180602_175145.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 54

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
It's not terrible. If you don't have rewraps on hand, you could use a small piece of electrical tape to cover it. You probably also want to get some wraps, when you can. batteries are fairly easy to rewrap, wraps are cheap, and at some point regardless of how careful you are with your battery you may wind up needing to rewrap at some point and it is cheaper to rewrap the battery than buy a new one.

best of luck,

Anna

• Agree
Reactions: sonicbomb

Amielzzz

May 1, 2018
That's pretty minimal. If your battery door and housing is plastic I wouldn't worry. You can always rewrap for a little pocket change.
hi so if i got vaporesso revenger does it okay to use this battery without rewrapping?
and if i buy a new battery does it have to be like the other battery im using?
lets say i have one samsung battery and another sony battery with different amps
is it safe to use both of them in the same mod? thanks

Reactions: stols001

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
In multi cell power devices it is best to use matched & married sets.
Same brand, model, mah, amp, age, charge cycles etc...

Like suggested best to rewrap the cell, in a pinch & because the nick is so tiny a small piece of electrical tape over the nick will do as long as it doesn't interfere with the battery door closing.

Amielzzz

May 1, 2018
In multi cell power devices it is best to use matched & married sets.
Same brand, model, mah, amp, age, charge cycles etc...

Like suggested best to rewrap the cell, in a pinch & because the nick is so tiny a small piece of electrical tape over the nick will do as long as it doesn't interfere with the battery door closing.
eletric tape is the same as isolierband (insulating tape)?

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
eletric tape is the same as isolierband (insulating tape)?
Yes, namely the sticky type ("selbstklebend"). In your case I wouldn't recommend that.

Since your wrap is damaged at the positive end I'd just rewrap it. Buy either a selection of wraps (eg 280pc for ~5€) or just long tube from a roll (eg amazon, conrad, akkuteile, 30mm Flachmaß) and cut it to length.
Don't wear rings or jewelry while rewrapping and don't lose the insulator ring that's a the (+).
It's better to always have some wraps in your vape stuff than to wait until you really need it.

Amielzzz

May 1, 2018
Yes, namely the sticky type ("selbstklebend"). In your case I wouldn't recommend that.

Since your wrap is damaged at the positive end I'd just rewrap it. Buy either a selection of wraps (eg 280pc for ~5€) or just long tube from a roll (eg amazon, conrad, akkuteile, 30mm Flachmaß) and cut it to length.
Don't wear rings or jewelry while rewrapping and don't lose the insulator ring that's a the (+).
It's better to always have some wraps in your vape stuff than to wait until you really need it.
but buying that stuff including a heat gun will take a couple of weeks to ship, so its buying new batteries
or using electric tape, so i guess i should just buy a couple of batteries if you say its not that safe to use tape, thanks
btw its the negative side i accidentally misplaced the battery in the charger

Last edited:

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
buying that stuff including a heat gun will take a couple of weeks to ship
Some hair dryers are hot enough to shrink wrap, and I doubt any of the sources for the "from the roll" type I provided would take longer than 3 days to get it to you.
i guess i should just buy a couple of batteries if you say its not that safe to use tape, thanks
btw its the negative side i accidentally misplaced the battery in the charger
If it's on the negative end then just use a piece of electric tape until your wrapping goodies reach you, could even order from China then and it'd be ok.
I only said it was not ok because it looked like it was on the (+) side of your battery, a.k.a. the serious side, (+) is very close to (-) on that end and it's easy to get a short.
A small nic on the (-) side isn't that dangerous but you should get wrapping supplies anyways.

Amielzzz

May 1, 2018
Some hair dryers are hot enough to shrink wrap, and I doubt any of the sources for the "from the roll" type I provided would take longer than 3 days to get it to you.

If it's on the negative end then just use a piece of electric tape until your wrapping goodies reach you, could even order from China then and it'd be ok.
I only said it was not ok because it looked like it was on the (+) side of your battery, a.k.a. the serious side, (+) is very close to (-) on that end and it's easy to get a short.
A small nic on the (-) side isn't that dangerous but you should get wrapping supplies anyways.
Okay thanks man i will use isolirband till i get the wrappers, btw u got any recommendation on a heat gun ?

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
Hmm, sorry, I use one I bought a decade ago for paint removal. There's some small hobby type ones around 10€-15€ and some home gamer ones from 20€-50€. Depends if you want one only to heat shrink or if you like the option to do something else with it in the future (like strip paint or start your barbecue ;)).

Amielzzz

May 1, 2018
Hmm, sorry, I use one I bought a decade ago for paint removal. There's some small hobby type ones around 10€-15€ and some home gamer ones from 20€-50€. Depends if you want one only to heat shrink or if you like the option to do something else with it in the future (like strip paint or start your barbecue ;)).
So i tried to use isolirband i attached a photo, will that do the job?

Attachments

• 1528023287022280728227874387752.jpg
    1528023287022280728227874387752.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 21
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread