The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Got a question please about to order an RTA

Discussion in 'RTA' started by PartyMan1, Jan 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. PartyMan1

PartyMan1 Full Member

Dec 28, 2018
    I think I'm going to go with the vandy vape berserker, it was a hard decision.

I recently started vaping again, currently all I have as far as mods/tanks is the itazte kroma-a which goes to 75w, and a drop-in coil innokin isub B tank, and I need to either order some extra coils for that or try a different tank and I'm thinking of going rebuildable so I don't spend as much on drop-in coils. I use to have an ileaf lemo single coil rebuildable a long time ago so I know the basics besides coil building and dual coils..etc.

My problem is if I order the berserker I want to order some pre-made coils for it too. I plan to learn to make my own coils in the future but to start things off I'll just order some pre-made ones but I don't know what ohm coil to order, what would work good for my situation you think? 75w max mod, mtl lung vapor that wants it as a daily all day vapor to take on the go..etc. I want decent clouds but don't wan't to drain my battery in 2 puffs lol.

also I notice there's lots of different kinds of wire people are using these days too, not sure which would be best. thanks.

• Like Like x 2
  2. PartyMan1

PartyMan1 Full Member

Dec 28, 2018
    think I'm going to go with the vandy vape berserker, it was a hard decision.

I recently started vaping again, currently all I have as far as mods/tanks is the itazte kroma-a which goes to 75w, and a drop-in coil innokin isub B tank, and I need to either order some extra coils for that or try a different tank and I'm thinking of going rebuildable so I don't spend as much on drop-in coils. I use to have an ileaf lemo single coil rebuildable a long time ago so I know the basics besides coil building and dual coils..etc.

My problem is if I order the berserker I want to order some pre-made coils for it too. I plan to learn to make my own coils in the future but to start things off I'll just order some pre-made ones but I don't know what ohm coil to order, what would work good for my situation you think? 75w max mod, mtl lung vapor that wants it as a daily all day vapor to take on the go..etc. I want decent clouds but don't wan't to drain my battery in 2 puffs lol.

also I notice there's lots of different kinds of wire people are using these days too, not sure which would be best. thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Eskie

Eskie ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2016
    NY
    For the moment you can use your regulated mod to read the resistance. If you want to get something like a coil master 521 tab for building and burning they're great but not an absolute necessity ( but they do make my life easier). As to coils prewrapped there are inexpensive bags of 100 could for $4 from a place like fasttech, but I won't vouch for quality although many are happy with them. If I had to recommend pre-made coils, Clapton and variants, I'd go with AVS for SS 316L coils that are well made and affordable. But to start you can make a simple round wrap yourself using a drill bit if you don't want to buy mandrel or coiling thingys. You can buy a 100 foot roll of 26G wire from Temco for $5 free shipping which could last you several years. If you're going a mtl route plain round coils are better anyway.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Letitia

Letitia Citrus Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    @NolaMel I think has one, maybe she can help. If you like a tighter draw 1.2Ω-0.8Ω range should serve you well.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. PartyMan1

PartyMan1 Full Member

Dec 28, 2018
    thanks for the information. but what do you mean that my current mod isn't good for firing rebuildables? not powerful enough? or does it depend on what gauge wire I use in my coils?

• Like Like x 1
  6. classwife

classwife Admin
    Asst Classifieds Mgr
    Ask The Vets Mgr
    Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Merged duplicate threads - please don't cross post :rules:

Thankyoumuches

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. NolaMel

NolaMel Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    I don’t have the berserker,it’s a quite tight draw. Innokin sells premade 1.0 ohm coils (may be called Ares coils), and Geekvape makes mtl premade coils (not sure of the ohms). Both those would work for lower wattage mtl.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Eskie

May 6, 2016
    NY
    Not sure if it's the merging of the threads but this is all confused. So, you have a mod that goes up to 75W and want to buy a Berserker RTA. An RTA means there's a deck with some sorta screw setup you attach a coiled wire to, stuff with cotton, fill and if all went well doesn't leak and vapes good. It does not use drop in coils like the Ares or among the dozens of other drop in coil type tanks.

When you say pre-made coil for an RTA you mean a wire someone else wrapped into a coil for you to mount and wick. It's not a drop in and go type of thing. I thought when you asked about a resistance meter you got that you were building the thing rather than popping a coil out of a blister pack. You don't need a resistance meter as your mod can do that for you, but sometimes a meter, or what's referred to as a "tab" is easier to build on. There is no reason to believe your mod won't work when vaping.

You can buy prewrapped coils that are simple round wire coiled for you or wire and just make the coil yourself, which in using an RTA is the easiest part of building it. Sources of prewrapped coils range from cheap Fasttech sourced bags of plain coils to better quality fancier coil types from other vendors.

I would suggest buying a spool of wire and making it yourself. You can get either Kanthal wire, good for wattage use, or SS, both wattage and temp control if you ever want to test that out. It's cheap for a spool of 100 feet.

Use steamengine.org for calculators to see how many wraps to make for the resistance you want with the type and gauge of the wire you buy. Something around 0.75-1 ohm should work well in the Berserker for a good mtl vape and be fine on a 75W mod.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Shawn Hoefer

Shawn Hoefer ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 21, 2015
    Arkansas Ozarks
    You can, if you want, get an RBA section for your iSub... Just sayin'. That'll allow you to build, and have the ability to use back up coils while you learn.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. PartyMan1

PartyMan1 Full Member

Dec 28, 2018
    okays,

• Like Like x 1
  11. PartyMan1

PartyMan1 Full Member

Dec 28, 2018
    thanks, but I ordered a kylin mini from vandy vape. I was going to get the berserker but they only had it in rainbow lol. then i got some 0.99 coils and cotton bacon coming too.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Eskie

May 6, 2016
    NY
    Sounds like you're all set. Enjoy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.