Got about 75 bucks to spend..what high voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buzzy

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2010
Chicago
Since you have had no other reply yet, I'll name two that are in your price range, even though I have not tried them personally. From boxmods.net, the Big Brother and Little Sister come in variable volt and 5 volt. And oldgoatmods.com has a couple of box mods in your price range. Both seem to be pretty well considered on the forum. Beyond those, most will be outside of your price range - at least the full kit will. My only 5v mod is a GLV2 from Great Lakes Vapor; and it is a very good mod indeed, but more expensive.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
If you want a fixed volt mod the maxi roughstack is a good choice that won't break the bank and will allow 3.7, 6 or 7.4 vaping depending on the battery configuration used.

I would ultimately recommend variable volt then you don't have to worry about maching batteries or ohms to get the vape your looking for. $75 isn't going to get you many choices in a tube but there are many vv box mods at that price including the big brother. You could possibly swing a vv tube also if that's what your looking for. The infinity is around that range new and with some searching you can sometimes find a used buzz, saber touch, etc at or close to your price point.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
I would recommend Foxy Box Mods. foxyboxmods.com - Home
Great vendor, excellent prices, excellent product. No affliation here, just a satisfied customer. It'll save you some money.
At the bottom of his page there is a link to his thread on ECF. At the moment he is also working on some Variable Volts, that will be priced good also.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
...I would ultimately recommend variable volt then you don't have to worry about maching batteries or ohms to get the vape your looking for. $75 isn't going to get you many choices in a tube but there are many vv box mods at that price including the big brother. You could possibly swing a vv tube also if that's what your looking for. The infinity is around that range new and with some searching you can sometimes find a used buzz, saber touch, etc at or close to your price point.
+1 [to this excerpt]

I don't see the point to fixed high voltage any more (although that $55 5V Gold Digger is tempting). Either VV (if you can afford it) or a good 3.7V with attys/cartos of appropriate resistance. [Notice that I don't say "LR" necessarily.]

• For 3.7V: I am extremely impressed with my 14650 and 18650 NoEgo's: attractive, work like a charm, and only $25 and $35, respectively. [Batts and charger not included.]

• For VV: If you already have a Joye eGo, you may want to consider the $60 Ego Booster, which turns the eGo into VV. I was fortunate to be a beta tester and was so impressed that I then reviewed it.

Last edited:

jericoriver

Please support CASAA
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2009
Midway,Ga.
Great choice, I have the Big Brother and The Big Daddy,Both are great quality.
Since you have had no other reply yet, I'll name two that are in your price range, even though I have not tried them personally. From boxmods.net, the Big Brother and Little Sister come in variable volt and 5 volt. And oldgoatmods.com has a couple of box mods in your price range. Both seem to be pretty well considered on the forum. Beyond those, most will be outside of your price range - at least the full kit will. My only 5v mod is a GLV2 from Great Lakes Vapor; and it is a very good mod indeed, but more expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread