Got friends or parents who may want to vape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abbell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2013
Kansas City, MO
I was digging around and read an interesting post on older people switching over to vaping and it touched a nerve. I wish I could have gotten my parents of analogs a decade ago.

I have a list of older clientele for computer repairs and I have many people I am introducing to vaping... not the same crowd, but the experiences overlap.

Most people do not care what speed the computer is, how big the drive, or how much memory it uses. They want to press a button and the machine will do what it is supposed to.

The same logic applies. Most beginners don't care about the many different options, RBAs, vs Clearos, how many volts do I need, where to get juice, and why some batteries are more useful than others. They want to press a button and the machine will do what it is supposed to.

In both cases I try to point people in the right direction by finding an inexpensive starter that is simple to use and does what it is supposed to. I have found a good starter kit for $10 locally. Once they get their hands on it and see how easy it is I let them decide if they are interested in trying something more.

I have a couple right now for example I am working with. He smokes a pack every three days and she smokes 2 packs of newports a day. She will take a bit longer, but she likes the menthol flavored ecig. He tried some of the liquids I have and fell in love with butterscotch. I will keep her heading in the right direction and provide her with refills at cost. For him I have some Ego style batteries and inexpensive tanks coming that are going to be simple to use. In time he may want to learn more and I will be there for both of them.

I really do believe in the K.I.S.S. method ... Keep It Simple Stupid. The vast majority don't want to know, they just want to be able to do. When I find someone who gets more excited about bigger and better options and wants to learn, I am more than happy to start them on the path.

I have been a vapor for almost 5 weeks and off smokes for 4. I absorb everything I can. This forum is a HUGE resource. I find it and the people here fantastic. But it is so critical that we match people to their needs and wants.

When my parents were still alive, the computer I built them finally died after 7 years. They did not want to bother me because I work constantly. They went to Best Buy and were talked into a $4000 computer. Luckily, I never found out who it was who sold it to them because I was considering going into dentistry... bottom line is they are dead and that piece of crap was given away like the waste it was.

Please remember, most people want to start simply. Embrace that and help them.

*Disclaimer... sorry for the odd rant/preaching. I am overdue for bed and have to be up in 4hrs to go back to work. Gnite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread