Got it, Love everything about it but, I'm a newb :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhyknow

Aug 29, 2013
OKC
First the good. I got my new Reo Grand today and it is so small (a very good thing for me) and my RM2. I absolutely love the hand feel, yes I did just make that term up :p. The craftsmanship is impeccable. Now for the bad..

So I think I suck at making coils, or I don't care for silica? Every few hits taste burnt :( like alot.

Jen told me she has some organic cotton balls, Should I use those for a wick?

HELP :(

Raynman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Marion In USA
I prefer sterile rolled cotton. buy a box and leave it in your will to your children. If it taste burnt you might be under squonking. Take off the drip tip and look inside to make sure you soak the wick well. It takes a little getting used to. Squonk every couple of hits until you get it down.

Last edited:

bunker0617

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2013
AZ
Love organic cotton balls, yeah sqonking more will help ya. What coil ga are you using and how many wraps and what ya wrapping around? Your coil could be made too low ohms leading to burning. Do you have a multimeter? If not pick one up at home depot for like $8 make sure you get the digital read out kind. If you need help using that to read your coil ohms just pm me.

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
First the good. I got my new Reo Grand today and it is so small (a very good thing for me) and my RM2. I absolutely love the hand feel, yes I did just make that term up :p. The craftsmanship is impeccable. Now for the bad..

So I think I suck at making coils, or I don't care for silica? Every few hits taste burnt :( like alot.

Jen told me she has some organic cotton balls, Should I use those for a wick?

HELP :(

Congrats on getting the REO!

You need to squonk more then. Cotton is not going to help that one little bit, and is worse if you scorch it. That is the beauty of the REO, you can keep it nice and wet.

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
1.5 ohms, my wick was black under the coil.

After about 20 pulls. Something seems wrong about that to me...

You burnt it. You have to really squonk a lot on those RM2's, if not then the liquid will get all scorched stuff from your wick and back into your bottle it goes. Luckily, the wick is easily replaced and you will get the hang of it!

bunker0617

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2013
AZ
Yeah that's plenty of ohms shouldn't be burning... I would put some cotton in there sqonking well let it soak up for a minute then fire. The first few pulls off a fresh cotton wick are nasty but then home free. I don't like silica... Cotton will give you great vape. Maybe your juice has sweetener in it? I notice my unicorn blood makes my wicks dark I have to switch them out every two days.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Squonk more. You want to saturate your wick and coil every few hits. Like someone above said, take the drip tip off and watch the juice squirt in and flood over the coil/wick. That way you'll get a feel for how long of a squonk you need to be doing, and you should do it more often than you think....at least until you get your rhythm with it. It's pretty hard to flood the RM2, so I'd say squonk more than you think you should need to. It'll become second nature soon. BTW, I use cotton, too. Silica was harsh for me.

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
You burnt it. You have to really squonk a lot on those RM2's, if not then the liquid will get all scorched stuff from your wick and back into your bottle it goes. Luckily, the wick is easily replaced and you will get the hang of it!

yup. ya gotta squonk that baby. he/she will love it...

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Squonking the RM2 is not a quick squeeze and a squirt. It is a long press/hold (like a 3 count) and a slow seeping filling. Like others have said, take off the drip tip and watch it. Squeeze and hold and watch the juice level rise. When it is pretty much submerging the wick, let go, and watch it drain back down the hole.

Also, too much cotton can cause poor wicking and burnt hits. Pictures of your setup would be super helpful.

Same with silica, too loose in the coil or too tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread