The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Got M402 Battery Apart - now what for passthru (pics)

Discussion in 'Battery Mods' started by need_2quit, May 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. need_2quit

need_2quit Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 5, 2009
    usa
    had a totally dead battery so I dismantled it. The only problem I saw was the red wire wasn't connected to anything.

was really easy to take apart with hemostats to hold the male screw end, while using a small swiss army knife blade to pop the brass ring and gently pull the insert out.

what now? have plenty of USB cables around here. I know we need a switch of some sort. My husband will be making it, so I need some instructs for him.

Appreciate any help!

clickable thumbs:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ruuku

ruuku Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 21, 2009
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    On the battery connector the center post is your positive, and the outer ring (thread) is your negative. Strip or unsolder the positive and negative leads from your usb cable. Wire in a tactile momentary switch, and if you want an led w/ resistor, and then connect the leads from the switch to the battery connector.

3. need_2quit

need_2quit Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 5, 2009
    usa
    thx ruuku! he'll know what that means ;) I'm packing up all my carts, charged batteries and will clean the attys. I wanted to see if it works better (or at all) on a PT before stashing it away.

appreciate it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.