Got My 1st 801 Yesterday...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twisted

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2009
Hagerstown, MD
Wow, what a nice device... I got 2 battery's (manual) and a passthough.

Gota say the passthough is much better than the battery by a longshot. Mabey I did not charge the bat long enough but the PT produces a lot more.

I'm a tech that works out of my truck so my laptop is mounted in front of me - so the passthough is just the ticket.

So far I like it better than my 510 for my 50/50 PG/VG stuff. the 510 seems a little better for the strate VG stuff.

I went ahead and got this one cuz I want to eventualy get one of those fansy battery mods. Glad I tryed it!

Before trying it, the batting came out and I installed a pyramid tea bag -- no leaking yet/seems to work well.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Welcome to the world of the penstyle!

These days I use my 801 atomizers mainly hooked up to my Prodigy (one of " those fansy battery mods"). It is heaven.

But I still enjoy the penstyle experience (i.e., connected to an 801 battery; I prefer the auto switch*). I think it has an elegant look, especially all silver (steel). I use it for my non-nicotine pacifier vaping, when I don't need (or want) throat hit, but still want good flavor and vapor.

* For the 801 battery. I just am not finding the new manual version as effective (and don't particularly like that very small button.

When you do move up to a high-voltage fat boy (my name for "those fansy battery mods"), think about the positioning and size of the manual switch. I lucked out with my Prodigy. I chose it for other reasons and happen to be very comfortable with using my thumb on a large button. [I think the Super-T looks neat, but I would be very uncomfortable using my pinky.]

jboze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2009
Orange County, CA
I dunno. Loved my SLB801's for the first couple days but I can't use carts on them at all.

PTB's and the original filler both get stuck to the atomizer bridge and burn right away. Dripping seems to work better, but even then the atomizers have all been kinda hit or miss after just a couple days of use.

They're genuine SLBs but they're the high bridge type. The general consensus seems to be that the old low bridge type were better.

I also hear that the RN4072 are low bridges but hard to come by.

seadooman

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
socal
I dunno. Loved my SLB801's for the first couple days but I can't use carts on them at all.

PTB's and the original filler both get stuck to the atomizer bridge and burn right away. Dripping seems to work better, but even then the atomizers have all been kinda hit or miss after just a couple days of use.

They're genuine SLBs but they're the high bridge type. The general consensus seems to be that the old low bridge type were better.

I also hear that the RN4072 are low bridges but hard to come by.

Try the pyramid tea bag wick,works great and have never had it stick to the atty bridge.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/cartridge-mods/33274-shredded-ptb.html

jboze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2009
Orange County, CA
Try the pyramid tea bag wick,works great and have never had it stick to the atty bridge.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/cartridge-mods/33274-shredded-ptb.html

Already said that the PTB is getting stuck to the atty bridge too. I don't even have to vape. The second the filling, both Pyramid and the original, touches the bridge, it just clings right to it.

For example, if I stick a dry cart in with Pyramid filling, the material snags on the atty bridge. Even if the cart is wet, the bridge gets hot enough to melt the filler on a 5second drag.

I have NO problem with my 901 atomizers doing this. I've been reading lots of complaints about these high bridge 801s. I'm going to give the JOYE 302 atties a shot and hope they are better. I love the vapor the 801 puts out when it works well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread