Status
Not open for further replies.

Kim151

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2012
Hawaii
Finally received my SS GGTS and an Odysseus to go along with my GG Stealth.
Bad news! I forgot to get 18650 batteries for the GGTS lol:facepalm:.

On the Odysseus, my god it hits hard! I didn't know my juice had that much flavor and throat hit!
First coil, I made 1.0 ohm. Too much! Second, 1.6 ohms. Still hit too hard much for me!
Third time was the charm I guess. It came out to be 2.4ohms. Now I'm in vaping heaven.
I did exactly like Imeo did and no leaks or anything, but I haven't tried any other modes on the Ody yet. The expansion pack is just sitting all pretty.

Last edited:

Kim151

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2012
Hawaii
Thanks guys! I only have AW IMR 18350 that I used on the GG Stealth. I would stack those and try it on my GGTS but with the recent events, I'm afraid to stack batteries. I'll just have to wait for the 18650s to come in. I'm also thing about getting some CR 123s to maybe try out the 6V vaping but I'm a bit hesitant. So, guess I'll just be using my Stealth W/Ody till my 18650s come in.

Kim151

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2012
Hawaii
Actually, I really really love my Ody w/ GGTS base on my GGTS and an 18350 in it. Compact, pocket friendly, easily fits in my palm, and is a great vape! Did you get a GGTS base???

IMO, I have no reason to run stacked batteries. I rather have a smaller PV.

Yes, I did receive a GGTS base. Going to try your set-up now and see how it works out. Thanks!

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
Thanks guys! I only have AW IMR 18350 that I used on the GG Stealth. I would stack those and try it on my GGTS but with the recent events, I'm afraid to stack batteries. I'll just have to wait for the 18650s to come in. I'm also thing about getting some CR 123s to maybe try out the 6V vaping but I'm a bit hesitant. So, guess I'll just be using my Stealth W/Ody till my 18650s come in.

Congrats Kim. Never fear using AW lipo batts for 6V vaping. Flavor and vapor increase. If you think the Ody is great now, wait till you try it at 6V.

keighles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2011
Maryland
May not be the right thread, but where can I purchase the Odysseus, GGTS and expansion pack? COV no stock. Anyone know when it will be available?

Jeff "Jagellpuff" via iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably sometime next month at cov. Unless you find one in the classies.

Back on topic......I find 6v vaping better at around 4ohms, I think its different for everyones personal taste, temp, and hit. It took me some fine tuning to find the perfect combo. I also believe its all in the juice you use as well. Sweeter juices taste better at higher resistance imo.

......sent from my phone.

Kim151

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2012
Hawaii
Probably sometime next month at cov. Unless you find one in the classies.

Back on topic......I find 6v vaping better at around 4ohms, I think its different for everyones personal taste, temp, and hit. It took me some fine tuning to find the perfect combo. I also believe its all in the juice you use as well. Sweeter juices taste better at higher resistance imo.

I'm thinking around 3.5-4.0 ohms myself also for 6V. The Ody is hitting harder than I expected. It actually made me cough couple times even at 2.4 ohms with 3.7V. Way different than what I was used to using Boge LR cartos. And omg, the flavor, it just brings them out! Little subtle flavors I didn't notice before, now I can def tell.

keighles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2011
Maryland
Thanks!

As for winding your coils, is there a handy chart for wire length and gage to help determine ohms that you are using?

Jeff "Jagellpuff" via iPhone using Tapatalk

Length of wire and resistance vary, it depends on the wire your using. It is always best to measure with an ohm meter. Once you get it where you want it then measure it. Even then I use a meter to make sure its right. I just use the length to get an idea where to start twisting.

keighles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2011
Maryland
I'm thinking around 3.5-4.0 ohms myself also for 6V. The Ody is hitting harder than I expected. It actually made me cough couple times even at 2.4 ohms with 3.7V. Way different than what I was used to using Boge LR cartos. And omg, the flavor, it just brings them out! Little subtle flavors I didn't notice before, now I can def tell.

That's right around what I use with my dark sweet tobacco flavor.

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA

Hey Kim, I love flame thrower mode so a higher Ohm may be better for you. I am probably not the norm in Ohms vaped. I am use to the heat of cigars inhaled all the way down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread