Status
Not open for further replies.

SheerLuckHolmes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2009
Tempe, Az
Got several bottles Brandy, Tennesee Cured and JC Origonal. Only opened the Brady so far, but it seemed very thin. I filled up a cart for my 601 pipe and it seemed to start running out as I turned it over to insert. Every other juice I have used stayed in the filler material.

So I filled an empty dropper bottle 1/3 with vg, brought it up to half full with vodka then filled it up the other half with JC Brandi. Doesn't run now!!!! Produced nice vapor, but lost most of the brandi flavor and no throat hit. So added a half dropper of 36mg.

The juice isn't running, but my nose sure is. Wow, this is some juice!!!

Question for you all... What are the benefits and drawbacks to cutting vg with vodga, distilled water or some other substance???

Thanks!!

C6Silver

ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2009
As I have the 601 pipe as well, and had purchased the JC sampler pack, I can tell you that you aren't likely to be happy with their stuff. The flavor just doesn't come through at all on the pipe. In fact this is what led me to make my own stuff as I think it could be a problem with other vendors as well. When you make your own stuff you can jack up the flavoring much more which will make a difference in the enjoyment of your 601.

VG by itself is quite thick so cutting it is most likely necessary. I make my own juice using VG and I cut it with distilled water. I don't care about getting a throat hit and I don't need nicotine, so those aren't areas I spend time thinking about. There have been those that have stated using something like Vodka or Everclear helps with a throat hit so that could be an advantage if that is what you are looking for. If that isn't the case then Vodka is more expensive than distilled water so the edge would go to the water.

When you cut liquid you are also diluting flavor so you have to make appropriate adjustments there. Not hard when making your own. Also if you dilute it too much you could wind up with fluid in your mouth or with vapor that is too thin. I personally find that 1.5 drops per mL of glycerin is the right approach. How I come up with the .5 is really over a 15mL batch size. I find that 1 drop per mL at the 2-4mL batch size is fine. Why does batch size matter? I am not totally sure but I might use a bit more flavor in a large batch size (versus scaling it exactly) and that might have led to a slightly too thick of formula. Anyway, you need to do a little trial and error to see what works for you. Clearly you need very little per mL of the VG.

Cayman

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Back to the OP... I thought Vodka was used to thin VG a little so if you are adding VG to the JC liquid to thicken it up some, then adding some Vodka, it seems counter productive to me. I generally add about 5-10 drops per 3ml to thicken up the JC liquids and also to give them a little more vapor because they seem to lack there. I have added too much VG before and it has lost its kick, so I just used less the next time. Kinda of trial an error on your likings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread