Got my M401 & M403. Some Q's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abyss

Aug 10, 2009
Sofia, Bulgaria
I've had the 510 for a month now and decided to try something different. So I got the atty, 401 and a 403 batteries. Just to try the difference between smallest and biggest.

I've now been exclusively using the M for about 3-4 days. Seems nice, light unit. Easy to hold in the mouth and a TON more flavor than the 510. BUT...

Where's the vapor?! Almost no after the initial 3-4 draws on freshly dripped atty.

Also - it has better hit than my 510! 8-o This shouldn't be normal, right?

I have measured the batteries and they both show 2.85V fresh charged. :confused: They should be dead at that state, no? Am I doing it wrong? I put the probes on the contacts and blow at the atty end. I have only a USB charger for them. Is that it?

Is there a break in for the atty?

Sludge Van Diesel

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2009
Barnet UK
The atty may require a little break in period, although I have found this varies from brand to brand. Which brand are you using?

Up until recently I found Intellicig to be the best M401 & all round it still is. However we recently bought some 401s from EastMall & I have to say their atty vapes better than a 510 out of the box. The only snag with this is, as a consequence of it's performance, it seems very thirsty & goes through juice a lot faster than any of my other M401s.

Apophis

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
Chulak
I have been using an M402 (in between the 401 and 403) for 2 months. To me, the atty has worked the same since day 1 and I'm still using the same one. Maybe I'm lucky - IDK. As far as dripping goes, I've never done that before. But I would imagine the amount of draws you get depend on the amount of drops you place on the atty. From what I've read, don't use too many or you'll kill the battery.

Good luck and HAPPY VAPING!

Abyss

Aug 10, 2009
Sofia, Bulgaria
Got them from heaven-gifts.

Batteries charge pretty quickly, not the suggested 3hrs. They hold quite alot of charge both. REALLY better taste than the 510. Would even say the 510 is blunt in comparison.

Another thing - what I meant by hit, was more of a lung hit, than a throat hit. I think it's because of the warmer vapor it produces. Today I got some strawberry 24mg from healthcabin. Man, that stuff is strong! :shock: Almost choked to death! 8-o Will try it on the 510 tonight to see is it the M401 or the strawberry, or both.

Maybe atty is breaking in. Today I get quite more vapor, than before. Let's hope it get's a little more. :D

cyberwolf

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2009
Coral Springs, FL
Like the others said, give your atty some time to break in. I too find that the M series give a more consistent hit than the 510. I carry both, but always seem to go back to the m401/402.

As for losing the good hit after a few puffs, try playing around with the cartridge filler. If it is not touching the wick or is too tightly or loosely packed, performance really suffers. I sometimes give mine a good shake towards the LED end. Once you get it right, though, it should be good to the last drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread