Got My Protege But Question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuckySevens4U

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
USA
Okay, GOT IT. LOVE it. It's gorgeous and sturdy and VERY nice. Just got it.

Here's the deal. Got the 510. My 510 attys do not work on it. How do I adjust the pin? What do I do? I'm sure that is the problem. I have no clue how to do this.

Secondly, protected battys are an EXTREMELY tight fit. I have 2 that work and 2 more that I got, both from Deal Extreme, and the 2nd 2 that I have do NOT work in it at all and are also even TIGHTER. They won't work in it. All four are the blue 14500 Trustfires, same scew number, just ordered at different times. Crap.

So first step is to figure out how to adjust this adapter so my 510 will work on it. What does a stupid person with this need to do? LOL

Help please.

DjTravTrav

ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Camp Lejeune, NC
i cant really help with this, but i am using a 510 also and i am loving it... had no problems except for letting the batteries fully charge and now im vaping away loving the protege, gonna use my prodigy the rest of the night because its still the king, but i will use the protege through out the day when i run errands,,, i hope someone is able to help you

LuckySevens4U

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
USA
Nope none of my 510s work on it at all. HOWEVER, I have a 901 to 510 adapter thing and I put the PS 901 adapter on it and then connected my 510 to THAT and it works, but it will not work alone with the 510 atty itself like it should.

So I need help here on how to fix this. I know there is a fix we can do with the pin on our end, from reading about the Prodigy, but I just don't know what or how to do it.

LuckySevens4U

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
USA
This Protege is definitely gorgeous and very nice. Just a few minor things, like the part where the button is on the corners, very sharp. Wonder if that could be sanded with something? Also the batty issue too with using protected ones and the inconsistency in what China sends. Some of the protected battys will not fit in it nor work.

TDM

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
This Protege is definitely gorgeous and very nice. Just a few minor things, like the part where the button is on the corners, very sharp. Wonder if that could be sanded with something? Also the batty issue too with using protected ones and the inconsistency in what China sends. Some of the protected battys will not fit in it nor work.

Tell hubby corners are sharp. Belt sander should do the trick. Maybe a really big file :lol:

LuckySevens4U

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
USA
I sanded the corners myself with a rough nail file. lol Wow, I did something. lol I see how easy it would be to replace the switch too! I think I will need to order the stainless steel 901 adapter too because Steve is right, the aluminum one from the PT is too soft and could get stripped really easily. The Protege is definitely a solid, classy device and everything I expected and hoped for. I like the stainless steel. I like the way it can stand up too. It will be very easy and discreet to carry around. Love the size. I'm still confused why some 510s work and others don't. However, when I started going through all my spares, they all seemed to work, so I guess that's all that matters. Just can't use these 2 I have. Now the protected batty issue. Stupid China!

Casey@PS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2009
Nashvegas
www.OurSongForever.com
Hey Lucky,

Some 510s have different length threads, thus sometimes the adapter is too long to reach and make contact. Here's how to fix it:

Flip the adapter over (with the side that touches the switch contact facing up)
Gently tap the center post down (slowly and do NOT slice the black delrin!!)
Try again, and see how it goes. You may have to try a few times to get it the right height.

Hope this helps!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread