Got my Provari Today... WOW! It's kinda personal though....

Status
Not open for further replies.

bikertrash

Oct 29, 2011
NC
Well, I'm a newbie but, decided to get a Provari due to recent experimentation with a 5v Mod...

Started vaping on VEPPO's :), then moved to 280mah 510 batts w/LR attys.. (better but..), then eGo-T with the B Style Carts (MUCH BETTER), then a Gold Rush with cartomizers, and finally a MadVapes 5v Mod box.. These Mods REALLY make a huge difference..

All this led to the decision to move to a VV.. This was this most important forward step we've made so far. It really is awesome. I'm amazed how much you can 'fine tune' a juice/cart combo...

You really have to try different combinations to find what 'works' best for 'you'. I'm finding that most reviews/recommendations are really worthless. This experience is simply too personal. Heck, my best friend (wife) and my desires with vaping are so different, that I can certainly now see that 'you' are the only expert.

Now, lets hear some interesting ideas to try with this new awesome hardware! I'm more curious about your experimentation with Dual Coils... I really like them on the eGo's.. I have a DC Tank just waiting to be filled as well.. Is the 2.5ohm the best choice? Is 1.6 simply too low? I find that my DC's, which are 1.6 require a voltage of 4 or less to keep from firing an error code... 3.8 works very smoothly... But, the higher voltages do have a unique kick!

Thx for the help up to this point! We're having a great time...

BT

bikertrash

Oct 29, 2011
NC
We bought two. One for each of us. 3000mah batteries.. You can vape a LONG time between chargings. But, I also think the price is a little high, knowing what I know now. But, if the gift is for someone that is only screwing around with 510 batts, this is a HUGE step forward. Form factor is nice.... they stand up nicely without falling over... We prefer the Mega DC Clear Carts which are 1.6 and maintenance is minimal..

They are good.. I just think the price is a little steep for what it really is.. It's a housing for an 18650 battery. I really think they should offer a VV version or at least a 5v regulator inside... too limiting for a primary PV.

Glad we have them but.....

My 2 cents..

kickitback

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2009
NC
Cool, thanks. Don't forget they can also do 6v which is actually true 5.7-5.8. .
It's for a friend who never owned e-cig. We play Golf together twice a week. I got his brother into vaping -straight into silver bullet and he is happy. My buddy always takes my Provari or silver bullet and vape . I will teach him everything he needs to know but as a gift I think $45 plus batt, charger and a few cartos and juice is a nice enough, lol.

By the way, where are you from? I live in Pinehurst , about 45 miles from raleigh .

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
We bought two. One for each of us. 3000mah batteries.. You can vape a LONG time between chargings. But, I also think the price is a little high, knowing what I know now. But, if the gift is for someone that is only screwing around with 510 batts, this is a HUGE step forward. Form factor is nice.... they stand up nicely without falling over... We prefer the Mega DC Clear Carts which are 1.6 and maintenance is minimal..

They are good.. I just think the price is a little steep for what it really is.. It's a housing for an 18650 battery. I really think they should offer a VV version or at least a 5v regulator inside... too limiting for a primary PV.

Glad we have them but.....

My 2 cents..

Just FYI in case somebodys looking at the GoldRush. There is a 5v version, AceofVapes sells it called the Gold Digger, same tube, button etc, just has a 5v regulator and uses stacked 18350s instead of a single 18650.

I also liked the GoldRush but got the kit version so paid less, it's a little long for my taste but I loved the marble finish. The Maxi Roughstack is shorter which makes it a better choice imo if the button being on top isn't a factor for someone. Not quite as unique of a finish but it is durable and quite a bit shorter.

If I hadn't got rid of everything non VV I'd probably still have both, really good mods.

bikertrash

Oct 29, 2011
NC
I absolutely agree! I'm glad we have ours! Only tossing out the extended comments cuz.... I guess that how I roll.... :)

I looked at all the different batts and decided that adding more 'stuff' wasn't an answer... just a delaying of the inevitable... So, we use the 18650 3000's and like'em for specific juices... The Provari is rapidly becoming a solution.. I really wish we had a friend like you to have hooked us up from the start!

Good job!

Good deed....

We're in the Hickory, NC area... I've swung the club in Pinehurst a few years ago....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread