The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Got sick of replacing...

Discussion in 'Cartridge Mods' started by -xirix-, Jul 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. -xirix-

-xirix- Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 16, 2011
    Southern Wisconsin
    ...the cloth lanyard I use for the taryn spin, due to it tearing and generally falling apart. Since I also do chainmail as a hobby, I created this...:headbang:

X

Attached Files:

2. Jslay00

Jslay00 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 7, 2011
    Brooklyn, NY
    Now that's just downright cool looking.

I imagine it's plenty heavy enough to centrifuge without loading it with coins/ball-bearings/shot, (seemingly) compact & very durable.

Nice job!

3. -xirix-

Jun 16, 2011
    Southern Wisconsin
    Yup... weighs just a tad more than 5 pennies. And since the rings are 408 stainless spring steel... it'll be around a lot longer than I lol.

X

4. Pipeous

Pipeous Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 22, 2011
    Surrey, BC, Canada
    an SCA buff. I have many friends that battle regularly. They have been trying to recruit me for many years but I am too old and beaten to get into it. I retired from hockey when the pain outweighed the fun, so getting some dude to beat on me with a flail isn't gonna happen. My friend Brad made armor too. hmm wonder how he's doing out in Alberta now?

5. locke2121

locke2121 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2011
    Da South!
    Lol...I made mine from the cover for a 5cc syringe! Just poke a couple of holes in the top, SECURELY taped a 3ml bottle on the open end, strung a wire through it and spun in on a screwdriver and was able to remove all the juice from some cartos I had!

6. -xirix-

Jun 16, 2011
    Southern Wisconsin
    Hmm... power drill. I'll have to try that next week... great idea!

X

7. Xaria

Xaria Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 23, 2011
    Back in the Holler-VA
    Wow! That looks so durable. Nice job

8. Running Wolf

Running Wolf Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 22, 2011
    North East Ohio
    LOL have to post this link SCA Shire around my parts. I don.t really do the taryn spin to fill mine but would still be a cool thing to have.

9. Keekers

Keekers Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 2, 2011
    Michigan
    Wow I'm lame, I use a cardboard hanger from the dry cleaners with a shoelace. :p

10. Detroit

Detroit Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 6, 2011
    akron,ohio
    thats pretty cool looking! im usin a crown royal bag with a quarter and 4 pennies lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.