Got that itch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toker

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2010
Georgia
I've been hovering around the modder section for several days now and every day my itch to try it out is getting worse. I was gonna wait till next pay day to order parts to try my hand at it, but I can't wait any longer. Just put in my order and hopefully it will get here this weekend and I can tinker around with it.

Just the thought of being able to make my own is filling me with excitement and joy.

Gonna start off simple to see how I do at it. The 2xAA 3.7v box mod looks to be the simplest to start with. Ordered enough to make 2, one for me and one for my fiance. If all goes well on them, I hope to be able to attempt a 5v juice box.

Sci

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2009
Al
and don't put the battery in backwards.

You would have to blow instead of suck.

4685003711_819fceef0b.jpg

*I think I found this on ECF somewhere-Credit to the OP*

Sci

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2009
Al
I've been hovering around the modder section for several days now and every day my itch to try it out is getting worse. I was gonna wait till next pay day to order parts to try my hand at it, but I can't wait any longer. Just put in my order and hopefully it will get here this weekend and I can tinker around with it.

Just the thought of being able to make my own is filling me with excitement and joy.

Gonna start off simple to see how I do at it. The 2xAA 3.7v box mod looks to be the simplest to start with. Ordered enough to make 2, one for me and one for my fiance. If all goes well on them, I hope to be able to attempt a 5v juice box.

*Warning* Modding is very addictive! That 2xAA box is a great size & like Shortstuff said, if you run into any probs, ask.

Jiff, how many times did it take to break you from doing that?:)

Rocketman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
SouthEastern Louisiana
there are several epoxies that are useful.
The two part tubes are handy but if you do volumes not economical.
Some of the 4 min or 5 min epoxies cure a little soft (flexible) and are handy repairing a crack (see if this passes the censor) in a plastic box.
The 'Plastic Weld' dual tube cures hard as a rock and has good dielectric properties for other applications also.

JB Weld is indispensable. Anything that Duct Tape can't fix, JB Weld can.
Tower Hobbies, Hobby Lobby, etc sell bulk two part epoxy with different curing properties. And different thicknesses of Super Glue. Imagine quart bottles of Super Glue.
Fiberglass suppliers would be a good source for polyester resin kits if you want to mold your own.
Gorilla glue, don't go there. Messy.

Rocky

Toker

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2010
Georgia
there are several epoxies that are useful.
The two part tubes are handy but if you do volumes not economical.
Some of the 4 min or 5 min epoxies cure a little soft (flexible) and are handy repairing a crack (see if this passes the censor) in a plastic box.
The 'Plastic Weld' dual tube cures hard as a rock and has good dielectric properties for other applications also.

JB Weld is indispensable. Anything that Duct Tape can't fix, JB Weld can.
Tower Hobbies, Hobby Lobby, etc sell bulk two part epoxy with different curing properties. And different thicknesses of Super Glue. Imagine quart bottles of Super Glue.
Fiberglass suppliers would be a good source for polyester resin kits if you want to mold your own.
Gorilla glue, don't go there. Messy.

Rocky

So sounds like JB Weld is the thing to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread